Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

If 343 announced a new Halo title at E3...

OP Larry Tanng

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
...other than Spartan Assault, what do you think it would be?

I would say that if it's not Halo 4: ODST, then it would be something involving Spartan VI's and/or Spartan Ops season 2, and maybe even ship with new multiplayer maps for Halo 4.

What are the chances that this game could come with it's own original multiplayer, if it even exsists?
What do I think it would be? Way too early.
Quote:
What do I think it would be? Way too early.
This. I think it's way to premature to expect a new Halo title, ODST or otherwise.
A second season of Spartan Ops paired with a classic map pack and playlist for Halo 4 would be nice. I'm not holding my breathe and wouldn't consider it a Halo title though.
E3 is just a few days away. You know 343 hasn't spent all this time not fixing Halo 4, making phone games, and scratching their butts. They've got to be working on something huge.

EDIT: Plus, Halo 5 is too far away, and Frankie once stated that he likes how CoD drops a new game every year, implying that he wants to do the same with Halo.
They are dropping Halo : Spartan Assault this year so it seems as if they are doing just that. Having a Halo game every year doesn't mean a full title for the Xbox.
I'm hoping it's Halo 2 Anniversary or something similar.
Our lives are not our own. We are bound to others, past and present, and by each crime and every kindness, we birth our future.
If they announced Halo 5 that would waaaaaaaaay too early, now a Halo 2 anniversary to fill the gap till Halo 5s release would be more likely and quite nice.
Why do people think another Halo like Halo 5 is going to be announced at E3? This thinking is dumb. Halo 4 is like 6 months old. You ain't gonna see Halo 5 for at least another year.
I doubt that Spartan Assault will be discussed at the Microsoft Press Conference. Maybe glanced over in regards to Halo 4, but that's all. As for other Halo titles being announced, I don't expect anything. Maybe an Xbox One side project in conjunction with another game studio (like CEA or SA), but no main-entry game.
Quote:
If they announced Halo 5 that would waaaaaaaaay too early, now a Halo 2 anniversary to fill the gap till Halo 5s release would be more likely and quite nice.
Halo 2 was announced 2002, so I wouldn't say too early, btw Frankie shot down H2A
I wouldn't be surprised if they announced a full title for fall release. I don't think it would be Halo 5, but perhaps it would be a spin-off title featuring something outside the main MC storyline.

Quote:
Why do people think another Halo like Halo 5 is going to be announced at E3? This thinking is dumb. Halo 4 is like 6 months old. You ain't gonna see Halo 5 for at least another year.
This. Plus nobody even wants to see nor want Halo 5 right now. 343 would have to be outside their minds.
At this stage, it's unlikely they'll spend a lot of time on an new Xbox 360 title and the development tools (e.g. Havok) needed to create next generation games are just seeing the light of day, so I can't imagine anything major. I think Spartan Assault and the TV series are it for the time being.

Rather than creating a throw away, I'd like to see them address custom game and other deficiencies that remain in Halo 4.
Halo Spartan Assault is for Windows 8, its not the big thing. Halo 5 will be at this E3, maybe as a mention for the Xbox One or something, so it might be touched on for a few seconds. But, nonetheless, there will definitely be something Halo related at the Microsoft Conference, there's been something Halo related at E3 for almost 6 years straight now
I think it's a bit early to expect a "main" Halo game announcement at E3 (other than Spartan Assault). However, the latest Bulletin did mention something about an unannounced project, so we may be seeing details on that!
Quote:
Quote:
Halo 2 was announced 2002, so I wouldn't say too early, btw Frankie shot down H2A
Halo 2 was the only Halo game to announce 2 years before release. It has never happened since because it put a lot of pressure on Bungie, resulting in the cliffhanger ending and several levels being cut (not to mention the -Yoink- ton of bugs the game launched with).
Quote:
Halo Spartan Assault is for Windows 8, its not the big thing. Halo 5 will be at this E3, maybe as a mention for the Xbox One or something, so it might be touched on for a few seconds. But, nonetheless, there will definitely be something Halo related at the Microsoft Conference, there's been something Halo related at E3 for almost 6 years straight now
Perhaps a cinematic teaser. Hopefully, they won't get any silly ideas a la Killzone 2 at E3 2005.
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Halo 2 was the only Halo game to announce 2 years before release. It has never happened since because it put a lot of pressure on Bungie, resulting in the cliffhanger ending and several levels being cut (not to mention the Yoink! ton of bugs the game launched with).
The bugs stopped me Halo 2 playing rather early on, I'm not saying, and hope 343 won't, will announce Halo 5 this year (well it was announced with Halo 4 and CEA but...) I would rather they didn't but it's a possibility

Anyway I don't want another Halo this year, we really don't need one
My prediction is they will will announce "Halo 4" for "Xbox One" at E3.

MS will need titles available for "Xbox One" at launch or bundled with the console.

That's probably why we have seen so few TU's for Halo 4, compared to other games - like COD II etc. The 343 dev teams is too busy porting the code over to the new platform.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3