Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

If 343 announced a new Halo title at E3...

OP Larry Tanng

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Here's what I think the release schedule will be in the coming years:
2013 - Spartan Assault, possibly a Spartan Ops related title on the H4 engine with content for H4 MM, like CEA
2014: Halo 2 Anniversary(ten year anniversary)
2015: Halo 5

Then two years with two new titles outside the main trilogy, before we see Halo 6.
I hope they announce either Halo 5, H2A, or another map pack for Halo 4.
Quote:
My prediction is they will will announce "Halo 4" for "Xbox One" at E3.

MS will need titles available for "Xbox One" at launch or bundled with the console.

That's probably why we have seen so few TU's for Halo 4, compared to other games - like COD II etc. The 343 dev teams is too busy porting the code over to the new platform.
That actually makes sense. There's been plenty of time for them to get to work on it and the majority of the work is already done.
Quote:
Quote:

MS will need titles available for "Xbox One" at launch or bundled with the console.

That's probably why we have seen so few TU's for Halo 4, compared to other games - like COD II etc. The 343 dev teams is too busy porting the code over to the new platform.
That actually makes sense. There's been plenty of time for them to get to work on it and the majority of the work is already done.
Considering that they've paced this Trilogy to last for the nest decade, I seriously doubt that we'll see the next installment a year after the first one. It doesn't make much sense from a development(concepts, new campaign, with locations, vehicles, enemy designs, weapons, characters(both design and writing), writing the story itself, etc)marketing or business perspective.

The fact that there hasn't been many TUs have several explanations. Typically, Halo games have had very few TUs compared to other games, particularly gameplay changes. Halo 3 had two. They may very well be working on a substantial project(i.e. a console title), but it's not Halo 5.
Quote:

Perhaps a Complete Edition for the One? With all the DLC and Skins?
if they do make Halo 5 a launch title, it'll be extremely undercooked, though they did say 15 exclusives over the first year so it could be November 2014
There most likely going to push Spartan Assualt and discuss about how it correlates to Halo 4 and Xbox Smartglass and windows devices. It's pretty much the main Halo title this year. 343 pretty much got there hands full with dealing with Halo 4. Not enough time announce whatever else they have plan if they even have anything planned besides Halo 5.
I have a Hunch we wont have a good look at Halo5 until E3 2015. Maybe 343 will announce a 2015 release for H5 at this years E3?
I feel like there will be a side game released. Microsoft has known for awhile about xbone and I would imagine has planned accordingly.
I would like a Halo 4 delux eddition all DlC and Spartan Ops Season 2 for XBox One. However, with Microsoft stressing that we can have our account on both the 360 and One, I have doubts about a Halo 4: XBox One eddition. I would like to see this, but who knows? We'll see what happens in a couple days!!
Calm down people, if they announce H5 this year or any other Halo title, doesn't mean it will be released this year -___-
Quote:
I would like a Halo 4 delux eddition all DlC and Spartan Ops Season 2 for XBox One. However, with Microsoft stressing that we can have our account on both the 360 and One, I have doubts about a Halo 4: XBox One eddition. I would like to see this, but who knows? We'll see what happens in a couple days!!
A second season of Spartan Ops exclusive to the Xbox One? -Yoink- that.
This is one thing I don't get about gaming. They've announced a trilogy. Up to Halo 6. So, in a way, a Halo 5 announcement has already happened. As has the Halo 6 announcement.
Quote:

Call of Duty need's so many TU's because IW and Treyarch develop a game in 1 year cycles . .

Getting back to the OP, there are two thing's I personally think 343 could be doing . .

1. A sequel to Halo 3 ODST

2. Halo Wars 2

I personally don't see 343 porting Halo 4 to Xbox One, because it would not only be a slap in the face to people who bought Halo 4 for Xbox 360, it would also not have much market appeal because it's already on the Xbox 360, why would someone buy a new console for a game they already have/could buy for a console they already have ?
Quote:
E3 is just a few days away. You know 343 hasn't spent all this time not fixing Halo 4, making phone games, and scratching their butts. They've got to be working on something huge.

EDIT: Plus, Halo 5 is too far away, and Frankie once stated that he likes how CoD drops a new game every year, implying that he wants to do the same with Halo.
He said the exact opposite, saying they would never do an annual release because it would be "way too much."
Quote:
Quote:
What do I think it would be? Way too early.
This. I think it's way to premature to expect a new Halo title, ODST or otherwise.
Pre-mature or not, the very least they could do is confirm that there working on it. Id software often get's asked every year on their progress for Doom 4 so why can't 343i do the same for Halo 5? Bungie did the same for Halo 1.
Doubt it:

Halo 5 - too early and i looked on the list of games expected, Halo 5 is not on the list, which i'm pretty glad about.

Halo Spartan Assault - technically, i wouldn't consider it a game to be shown at E3, b/c just by the gameplay and story, I have a feeling its gonna be short.
Let's clarify what they've said in the past:

--They will never do an annual release
--They won't do any more "bubble plots" or side games like Halo Wars or ODST because they want everything to tie into the Reclaimer Saga.
--They shot down Halo 2: Anniversary a few weeks ago.
--Alongside shooting down a Spops Season 2 at about the same time.
--They already confirmed that they were working on the next Halo game since before Halo 4's release.
--They also confirmed that they have projects on the Xbox One, including the TV show I imagine.
--BS Angel dropped a huge reference to Halo 5 in last week's bulletin, saying that whenever she peers over at her colleague's monitor, she sees either Spartan Assault or an as of yet unannounced project, with a massive NO COMMENT to emphasize the point.
--We know 343i is going to be at E3 in some capacity as its promoting Spartan Assault.
--We also know that MS is going to be talking about their 15+ games at E3 currently in development for the X1, and Halo 5 has already been confirmed to be in development.
--
Spoiler:
Show
--We also know that if it's announced at E3 this year it'll be released next year, making for an at least 2 and a half year dev cycle, with the largest team in the franchise's history. Enough time I'd say to make a full game.

If 343i has anything at E3, it'll be Halo 5.
I want ODST 2
What about a teaser for Halo 5?
Quote:
--They won't do any more "bubble plots" or side games like Halo Wars or ODST because they want everything to tie into the Reclaimer Saga.
I heard that too. But, as far as I can remember, that was before Halo 4 (or shortly after?). Plans aren't engraved in stone; they can change. And besides, isn't Spartan Assault considered a side-game?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3