Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] If Master Chief Dies in Halo 5..

OP Farema

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
we're going to Cry ourselves to Sleep everynight..
if MC dies in Halo 5 then there is no reason to buy Halo 6
if MC dies in Halo 5 then there is no reason to buy Halo 6
Same
Master Chief won't die in Halo 5, we don't even know what the overarching story of reclaimer saga revolves around. We know it's heavily ties to chief, and H5 has to give the foundations for what happens in the future. Like Halo 2 did.
He won't die in Halo 5, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't die in Halo 6. 343 said before Halo 4 even came out that this trilogy would focus more on the Chief's story. To kill him in Halo 5 would remove any point in buying Halo 6 for me. I'm already concerned that Locke will take way too much of the spotlight in Halo 5 because 343's probably looking for a new main character to continue the story after Halo 6.
Benti86 wrote:
He won't die in Halo 5, but I'll be surprised if he doesn't die in Halo 6. 343 said before Halo 4 even came out that this trilogy would focus more on the Chief's story. To kill him in Halo 5 would remove any point in buying Halo 6 for me. I'm already concerned that Locke will take way too much of the spotlight in Halo 5 because 343's probably looking for a new main character to continue the story after Halo 6.
or simply building the Halo brand so that we can have a spinoff. something similar to ODST. it would still be in the universe, with familiar areas and enemies, but it would be someone else's story. it gives them the ability to expland the universe and makes the Chief story more valuable.
I'm pretty sure 343 won't throw in a part that master chief dies
That's like Nintendo killing Mario it won't happen..
This would never happen any ways... Bungie is the one who created Master Chief, how would bungie react when they built him from the ground up and how would the fans as well...

343 would never kill Masterchief as they already know they would get a lot of hate. Halo 5 will end with the Didact Dying from Installation 04 crashes down into the sun by Masterchief Activating it, READ THE COMICS...

Halo in general will probably die in Halo 6, as 343 said that Halo 4 is a new beginning and Halo 5 is just the new beginning of new abilities
This would never happen any ways, so why even post this?
I kinda want him to be presumed "dead" but actually be alive and for the next few Halo games we play as Agent Locke.
Benti86 wrote:
In which case I'll still be annoyed that happened. You can't just replace the face of Halo. Especially after the Librarians magic trick she pulled on him, we don't know the extent of what all it entails.
If they do, I'll seriously boycott the Halo titles going forward.

And this will burn bad in the community, and I think they know that.

Remember all the hyperbole when Brian died in family Guy? Imagine the same kind of backlash from the Halo/gaming community in general. Killing off the Chief JUST TO REPLACE HIM WITH A GENERIC LOOKING SPARTAN could very well effectively kill off 343i's reputation. Beyond what 4 and MCC did.
I would be surprised to find master chief ever leave this franchise but with halo anything can happen really.
Benti86 wrote:
Reclaimer is a saga, not a trilogy. There'll be more than 3 games.

Gekyume777 wrote:
This would never happen any ways... Bungie is the one who created Master Chief, how would bungie react when they built him from the ground up and how would the fans as well...
Then as Peach of the Halo universe, Cortana should have lived, right? And new Bungie isnt the same as old Bungie (many of the people who made Bungie what it has left to either join 343 or MS studios in general. Hell, even Marty is gone now.) So I dont think they'll care anymore than we do.
Codes 208 wrote:

Gekyume777 wrote:

Then as Peach of the Halo universe, Cortana should have lived, right? And new Bungie isnt the same as old Bungie (many of the people who made Bungie what it has left to either join 343 or MS studios in general. Hell, even Marty is gone now.) So I dont think they'll care anymore than we do.
Cortana is still alive, the forerunners are keeping her in storage.. read the Comics ^^^^

343 would never kill Masterchief as they already know they would get a lot of hate. Halo 5 will end with the Didact Dying from Installation 04 crashes down into the sun by Masterchief Activating it, READ THE COMICS...

Halo in general will probably die in Halo 6, as 343 said that Halo 4 is a new beginning and Halo 5 is just the new beginning of new abilities
I don't see this happening at all, and no, Bungie doesn't care about Halo anymore. If 343 did kill off Chief, then I guess they will have some sort of reaction, and I will be pissed, but that's highly unlikely, regarding how he is the face of Halo. We only have one more game with him after 5 (Halo 6), and I wonder how Spartan Locke would follow in Chief's footsteps, but if 343 wants me to like Locke, he better destroy some planets, halo rings, and giving back the Covenant their bomb.
If chief is to die it cant be over some *BoltShot*
Chief can die only at the very end and even then it has to be in the most epic way possible.
He has to go down with his fist half way through his enemy and a necklace made from the teeth of who ever kills him around his neck. while getting a multi kill beyond the grave comparable to the amount of kills he got at the end of CE
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3