Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

If you play FF, don't be a scrooge. USE YOUR REQS!

OP Theron Nett

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15
What happens when people use their reqs

There were at least 2 Wasp and 4 scorpions in play at the end
So that's what it's like to have a competent team. Must be nice.
I always spawn in tanks and we still lose I spawned in a ONI tank and the solders tore it to bits like that. Its a ONI TANK SOILDERS SHOULDN'T BE ABLE TO KILL A ONI TANK THAT FAST.
I agree to an extent. It is frustrating trying to win a match when you're the only one that is using anything that makes the rounds easier to beat, but ive also been one at times to not use my REQs - simply because i get the 'retrieving data' all through the match, and I simply cant use any REQs.

It's difficult to argue and say all the other players are being a 'scrooge' and not using REQs when you have some that cant access their equipment, and the large amount of new players that showed up for the 'free-to-play' days - of which many havent played enough to stock up a decent amount of REQs.

-M
I'm enjoying with Scout Warthog when it's time to kill Covenant/Prometheans enemies in earlier rounds or crowd control defending generator with plasma caster and for final rounds it's awesome when everybody has a strong vehicle like Wraith Templar, Scorpions, Mantis.... then is when you know you are going to make and it's fun!!

So don't be a scrooge the sensation of beating a FF match is awesome :-p
Good god man...some of the people in this thread.

"I'm not gonna use reqs so deal with it"

What the hell kind of mentality is that? Is it honestly fun for you to only use loadout weapons in Firefight?
Well, there were many times where I used some vehicle REQS to take on some bosses or to make a difference on the battle field. During firefight when a Grunt Goblin boss appeared, I took it on with a wasp. Seemed to work out well. Lost the end of the match though.
If at the end of round 4 I see a player just walking I always try to give him my tank and just use another.
redjomama wrote:
I agree to an extent. It is frustrating trying to win a match when you're the only one that is using anything that makes the rounds easier to beat, but ive also been one at times to not use my REQs - simply because i get the 'retrieving data' all through the match, and I simply cant use any REQs.

It's difficult to argue and say all the other players are being a 'scrooge' and not using REQs when you have some that cant access their equipment, and the large amount of new players that showed up for the 'free-to-play' days - of which many havent played enough to stock up a decent amount of REQs.

-M
You are right too, there are people that doesn't have a decent amount of REQs.
343 is happy to see this I'm sure
I'm enjoying with Scout Warthog when it's time to kill Covenant/Prometheans enemies in earlier rounds
Good for you while I enjoy your tire marks all over my back. lol
yep i do hate the dead weight causing me to lose games as they don't want to use req's
I've played several games recently where the final boss is the Warden Eternal along with two of his buddies. The entire squad fielded everything they could muster in order to beat all three of them, without success.

The problem I've encountered is in boss placement. When they're out in the open and easily accessible, it's a challenge but we usually win. But when all three Warden Eternals spawn inside a building, that isn't easily accessible for vehicles, namely the scorpion, that's when we have problems.

My last FF game resulted in us fielding three scorpions, a banshee, 2 hogs, a ghost and a lone guy with a SPNKR. we took out his two henchmen, but couldn't get to the Warden Eternal because he'd moved to the core area in the base.

But I've also had games where people hardly use their REQs and we still win, and others where we've lost spectacularly. It's frustrating when people don't use them, or even worse when they betray you to get your weapons or vehicle (WTF?), but we certainly can't demand that they use all of them when available. Sometimes players are saving up for the final boss but don't make it that far.
Love a tank i do do doooooooo
Would it be fair to stop being stingy using REQs if the game stop being stingy giving them?

Im 100% sure people are not using REQa because of this reason.
Yeah they need to take the dam bosses outta the stupid hard areas to reach... honestly even if you have a tank you cant shoot through the wall... Its -Yoink-... What if you spawed a lovely temple banshee and then cant use it when the bosses spawn right at the back of main base? Lot of bull to be honest... If a tank is in the way then how are you supposed to get other vehicles in??? Then yes its best to rush with SPNKR and stuff... However the bullet sponge gets tickled by these weapons... You need heavy vehicle destroying them however cant because of what i said above...............!
A few matches now, I been in matches where I was the only player using heavy ordinance to take out tough bosses and vehicles while everyone was either rushing in with ARs to Die or camping back with BRs, basically doing nothing meaningful to contribute to the team. You need to use your reqs if you ever hope to win past Wave 3 90% of the time. You can't rely on only your base weapons or pray everyone else will spawn a power weapon so you don't have to. It doesn't work that way. All it causes is for you to complain that firefight is to hard, lose the game, and cry that it should be nerfed. When it could've been won if you weren't stingy with your reqs and spawned a power weapon of your own.

And if you don't have any reqs to use. Then please for the love of god, play the regular game, like Warzone Assualt. And Farm a bunch of Bronze and Silver packs to build up your collection so you can be useful to the team.

Thank you.
-The only guy in the team who spawns a tank when all hell is breaking loose.
wow dont get hurt falling down from that high horse of yours. Not all odlf us are high levels and have a billion fancy reqs to use freely
A few matches now, I been in matches where I was the only player using heavy ordinance to take out tough bosses and vehicles while everyone was either rushing in with ARs to Die or camping back with BRs, basically doing nothing meaningful to contribute to the team. You need to use your reqs if you ever hope to win past Wave 3 90% of the time. You can't rely on only your base weapons or pray everyone else will spawn a power weapon so you don't have to. It doesn't work that way. All it causes is for you to complain that firefight is to hard, lose the game, and cry that it should be nerfed. When it could've been won if you weren't stingy with your reqs and spawned a power weapon of your own.

And if you don't have any reqs to use. Then please for the love of god, play the regular game, like Warzone Assualt. And Farm a bunch of Bronze and Silver packs to build up your collection so you can be useful to the team.

Thank you.
-The only guy in the team who spawns a tank when all hell is breaking loose.
I agree man, it's -Yoink- on how I use high-level reqs but my teammates don't and we end up losing. I just wasted some good reqs plus are these knobheads retarded the gold packs are really winning for!
I would if the stupid REQ meter actually fills quicker.
100% agree
In 1 match I won every round with just a AR BR/DMR and even beat 2 Warden Eternals.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 7
  4. 8
  5. 9
  6. 10
  7. 11
  8. ...
  9. 15