1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. ...
  8. 17
You should only be able to join the match you quit until that match is over.
Interesting idea...I do notice that even if you quit and join another match, when the one you quit ends, you get de-ranked in CSR severely for leaving. Kind of like a CSR time bomb!
Agreed. At least ranks shouldn't be lost or gained from an Arena match from which someone quits.
I'm pretty sure that 343i balanced it so that if your team is at a disadvantage, such as a 3v4, then you'll lose less csr conpared to a regular 4v4 match.
Agree w/ OP. Your best bet is to report all quitters. "Server disconnected them and/or intertubes lagged me out" are the exceptions and not the norm. I have never been disconnected from an in progress match in my three months of playing Halo 5.

There is probably a very small subset of arena playes who accidentally accept a join fire team request mid match a friend sent them which is an auto quit of current in progress match. I did that once and haven't fallen prey to it again.

Majority of my loses in slayer/arena are from quitters.
HJ Rulez wrote:
AMEN! I AM 13 YEARS OLD AND I DON,T QUIT AT ALL AND I MEAN IT!
You, at 13, are displaying more true grit than some who are much older than you do. It takes commitment to persevere when it's tough and that ability will take you far if you do the same when faced with tough tasks in life.
Legit, I quit occasionally, but not because we're not winning, usually because either: A. I'm having a bad game, and just by the mere presence of me, I'm dragging my team down. or B. Real world crap. or C. That awkward -Yoink- glitch where you lag out, are able to move about, and see people running into walls.
sorry got to ask since you posted it, but if you have played all of them were are you mcc stats. plus you have no old stats with bungie
SanctusBit wrote:
Agree w/ OP. Your best bet is to report all quitters. "Server disconnected them and/or intertubes lagged me out" are the exceptions and not the norm. I have never been disconnected from an in progress match in my three months of playing Halo 5.

There is probably a very small subset of arena playes who accidentally accept a join fire team request mid match a friend sent them which is an auto quit of current in progress match. I did that once and haven't fallen prey to it again.

Majority of my loses in slayer/arena are from quitters.
Yup, that's what's been happening more lately to me I've noticed. Thanks to the in-depth research by Ideal Logic (in an earlier reply) on my game history, he pointed out 54% of my losses were on teams with 1 or more people leaving. Just think even if you could have won 1/2 or 1/4 of those games? Your record goes from let's say 33 wins / 29 losses to maybe 47 wins / 15 losses. BIG difference.
The quit button is there if you aren't having fun, friends invited you to play with them, or any other reason. If quitting my game to play with my friend makes me lesser of a halo player then... Ight Im lesser.
Legit, I quit occasionally, but not because we're not winning, usually because either: A. I'm having a bad game, and just by the mere presence of me, I'm dragging my team down. or B. Real world crap. or C. That awkward -Yoink- glitch where you lag out, are able to move about, and see people running into walls.
Argh!! Yes, I hate that Lag crap! I usually experience a slow deterioration of gameplay, followed by what you described, and then finally a momentary black or red screen and the "lost server connection" screen or I am back to the welcome screen. Like being in a slow car wreck—you can see it coming, can't do anything about it, and know how it's gonna end.
sorry got to ask since you posted it, but if you have played all of them were are you mcc stats. plus you have no old stats with bungie
All my old stats are under at least 2 different accounts that didn't port over to the XBONE from the 360. One of the wonderful gifts Microsoft has bestowed upon me. Never really cared to put too much time and effort back then into pushing the issue with them. I have to say that I didn't like playing the more "strategic" games like Spartan Assault or Strike so I haven't played those a lot. I prefer the FPS versions and still remember how blown away I was with HALO CE—that was literally a game changer. Stayed up all night playing it when it came out and finished the campaign on normal in one sitting.
DC 409871 wrote:
Well, I could play a JIP game where I'm already losing and not have fun OR go to the Commonwealth and smash in a Super Mutant's face with a giant hammer and have fun. Hm, tough call, but if you want to be hilariously self-righteous about quitting a match in a video game, you do you. I'll just take my two recently acquired college degrees and promising future in education and wallow in the corner about some random dude on the Internet saying I might be a failure. I don't know how I'll live.
No flex zone bruh
No stats no game bruh
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
Warfuntime wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
You, are in fact, showing that you are too afraid to play and have no skill. Only a true Halo player with skill would see a game through to the end no matter what.

Quitters are ruining gameplay for the REAL players. Now it appears that we have more unskilled players than ever with them leaving a game just because—GOSH!—they may not be winning. Yeah, it takes a lot of skill to stay in a game when you have a 2X or more lead—not. True skill is turning what appears to be a loss into a victory.

But, I guess a lot of players don't have the skill to do that since most games in Arena I play have at least 1-2 unskilled players disappear before the game is over.

And of COURSE they all disappear because of 343i's bad servers disconnecting them...it's not their fault.

To those who actually do stay in games until the end, I think we are in the minority, the true gamers surrounded by lesser skilled players who don't want to have to earn a win and maybe face a loss.

There is no argument in favour of voluntarily quitting—that choice is you giving up and being a failure. It's the harsh reality that everyone knows, but the quitters don't like to hear.
but but but mah momma said...mah mah mah momma said she dont like it when i pway the haaarrrooo
REALLY?!? Hmmm...my mom's fine with it. Maybe you need to finish your homework and she'll let you play. Good luck!
the only point i would argue for quitting without "legitimate" reasons is the fact that i paid 60 dollars for the game...if im not enjoying it i shouldnt stay in the game...however with that in mind...everyone else playing the game also paid for it...so it would be selfish of me to quit a ranked game and make those other people experiance bad just because i wasnt enjoying myself...ultimately against quitting if its ranked...unranked....should be frowned upon but...not to the point of labeling them...something..bad like...idk...cod player?
I love how OP is questioning our character if we quit in a video game...yes quitters are frustrating and I rarely do it but c'mon man things happen.
I'm tired of joining games in progress because you are always on the losing side. I just joined 4 Warzone games in a row in which this happened. This is especially bad if you have played a Boost or Reward card. There needs to be a way to disable joining games in progress. Definitely not fair.
most players ive encountered that have quit is with server issues or lag idk what it is i cant stay in a warzone match right now eachone im in i just disconnect and i know im not known for the most stable net but its been completely fine for me as of late is anyone else getting this and then after it says something about ur fireteam has changed or something when i wasnt in one....
I just started a 3 v 4 Domination game. Hell yeah I'm going to quit. No use even trying to win a 3 v 4 Domination or CTF game.

Also, if it's Griff Ball...

ENEMY HAS THE BALL

TEAMMATES HAVE THE BALL

SHUT UP!
Mathario wrote:
I just started a 3 v 4 Domination game. Hell yeah I'm going to quit. No use even trying to win a 3 v 4 Domination or CTF game.

Also, if it's Griff Ball...

ENEMY HAS THE BALL

TEAMMATES HAVE THE BALL

SHUT UP!
This is a halo thread capish?
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not stat-flame others.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not flame or attack other members.
Spoiler:
Show
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 13
  4. 14
  5. 15
  6. 16
  7. ...
  8. 17