1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17
I completely agree
You've been able to quit matches freely since Halo 2 XBL multiplayer was launched. A true Halo player would know that.
I think it's means that you aren't as committed to finishing the match as your teammates are.
People can quit if they want to quit. IT'S A GAME. If someone quitting is ruining your enjoyment then maybe you are taking it too seriously. Get over yourself, honestly.

Also, how can people that don't quit be in the minority when you, yourself, say that only one or two people quit per game. Wouldn't that mean that six or seven people stay, making you the majority? Also, what does quitting have to do with skill level? I don't really understand that point at all. A bronze player that can't move and shoot at the same time could theoretically never quit a game, but likewise a Champion could quit. Does that make the bronze player better than the champion? I don't think so.

You take this game too seriously if people quitting bothers you enough to go onto an online forum and yell at them. And that's coming from someone that has bought every legendary edition and special edition Halo console, so I take these games pretty seriously. No one owes you anything. If they aren't having fun or have something better to do it is their option to stop not having fun.
And I don't know where out got that definition of a true halo player, but I suggest you rethink what truly defines a halo player.
Halo Player - an individual who plays any Halo game within the franchise for a period of time that exceeds time spent on any other game.
TRUE Halo Player - an individual who has their skill visualized via an emblem based on the True Skill ranking system
TRUE PLAYER - disregard women, make currency.
My last comment on this was a bad example. Let me try again.
I quit a game of Halo, better chuck out all of this Halo Merchandise and forget the thousands of years of lore as I am no longer a "true" player. Damn.

There red is no such thing as a "true halo player" . There are people who don't halo, people who do halo and people who enjoy Halo (and then there are the Halo Maniacs, but we don't talk about them ).
That is in the same way that if you fail your test at school, you are not an actuall student.
No. Leaving school because you were failing makes you not a student.
DC 409871 wrote:
Well, I could play a JIP game where I'm already losing and not have fun OR go to the Commonwealth and smash in a Super Mutant's face with a giant hammer and have fun. Hm, tough call, but if you want to be hilariously self-righteous about quitting a match in a video game, you do you. I'll just take my two recently acquired college degrees and promising future in education and wallow in the corner about some random dude on the Internet saying I might be a failure. I don't know how I'll live.
This hits home Doc. We have lives that arn't depending on us to finish one match of warzone.
sniper945 wrote:
DC 409871 wrote:
Well, I could play a JIP game where I'm already losing and not have fun OR go to the Commonwealth and smash in a Super Mutant's face with a giant hammer and have fun. Hm, tough call, but if you want to be hilariously self-righteous about quitting a match in a video game, you do you. I'll just take my two recently acquired college degrees and promising future in education and wallow in the corner about some random dude on the Internet saying I might be a failure. I don't know how I'll live.
This hits home Doc. We have lives that arn't depending on us to finish one match of warzone.
What if a True Halo Player was robbing your house and made you finish that game? Then lives would depend on it
Just report them and be done with it. I'll easily have 25+ reports in a single afternoon of playing. We all have the game kick us out at some point but if people just use the system it will help. The ones who are constantly quitting will get picked up by the system and punished for doing so.
Nope im playing a halo game by default im playing a "real halo" game unless im playing that russian pc halo then that would b a fake halo player
if after playing a total of 15 hours that day ill quit if i want to and go to bed
if something more important shows up ill quit
if i just feel like it because i an since i bought the game i will
You speak about quitters like they're ruining the game, and for teams of four or less it can be a hindrance. But people have more than just salty reasons to quit. I'm not going to stay in an objective game if a team is spawn killing us to the point of I can't even move. I'd rather enjoy the game with friends than on my own and if I get black-holed to start a game before I back out or a match is just starting I'll leave to join whoever I'd rather be with. It's just a game, sure it's annoying when people leave but it's not a big deal, I've dealt with it like an adult in every halo game and I'll deal with it the same way now.
That is in the same way that if you fail your test at school, you are not an actuall student.
Not quite. The analogy should be that like, if you go to school and refuse to finish assignments and take tests and then drop out, yes, in fact you are NOT a student, you are a drop out.
Does getting disconnected from a game because your internet literally stops existing for a full five minutes at seemingly random intervules count
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
This boils down to you entering playlists for teams as a solo player. Make some friends and only play team games as a full team and the effects of the problem are mitigated. That does not mean you won't occasionally see one of your fireteam randomly disconnect but it will happen less often and you can be sure it wasn't because they were losing.

If you are unwilling to find a team then you need to accept that randoms are called randoms for a reason, there is no predicting what you will get and by playing team games alone you are leaving yourself open to the frustration. Alternatively, you could take it less seriously and you'd probably enjoy it more too!
I see what OP is trying to get at. When H5 launched I was getting stomped in Arena and I did myself quit some matches, I only quit if other players on my team quit I didn't want to get stomped even worse. I never used to do it in previous titles. But now I've got the right point of view back:

If everyone else quits it's better practice for me!!!!!
I'll try be a sneaky ninja and play hide and seek, get the cheeky back smack, do my best to at least trade kills.
I'll look at it as a win if I can get more kills that any other one player on the enemy team.
People quit matches for a variety of reasons. It's not yours or anyone else's place to chastise them for it.

If you feel that you must come to these forums to condemn other players for engaging in certain actions, well, that doesn't really mean that you're not a true Halo player; it does, however, make you look like an arrogant jackass.
Needless to say what someone who uses the phrase "arrogant jackass" looks like...irony much?

The post was part rant-part provocative to get people to think about voluntarily quitting and it's impact on other players, the "fun" of the game, and see how many people face the same issue.

And to be honest, you cannot say that everyone who leaves a game has an "emergency" or server disconnect. That is a statement that is logically flawed given the number of players "disappearing" and the probability of one of the said issues arising.
I think it's means that you aren't as committed to finishing the match as your teammates are.
Exactly, and this affects the other 3 members of the team that you committed to playing a match with. So it ruins the experience and fun for those other players and is a selfish act.
You've been able to quit matches freely since Halo 2 XBL multiplayer was launched. A true Halo player would know that.
You have also been able to betray your team mates as well, so are you in support of that too? Any true Halo player would know that.
Using provocative posts should stimulate more substantive posts than this—any true Halo player would understand and see that.
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
You, are in fact, showing that you are too afraid to play and have no skill. Only a true Halo player with skill would see a game through to the end no matter what.

Quitters are ruining gameplay for the REAL players. Now it appears that we have more unskilled players than ever with them leaving a game just because—GOSH!—they may not be winning. Yeah, it takes a lot of skill to stay in a game when you have a 2X or more lead—not. True skill is turning what appears to be a loss into a victory.

But, I guess a lot of players don't have the skill to do that since most games in Arena I play have at least 1-2 unskilled players disappear before the game is over.

And of COURSE they all disappear because of 343i's bad servers disconnecting them...it's not their fault.

To those who actually do stay in games until the end, I think we are in the minority, the true gamers surrounded by lesser skilled players who don't want to have to earn a win and maybe face a loss.

There is no argument in favour of voluntarily quitting—that choice is you giving up and being a failure. It's the harsh reality that everyone knows, but the quitters don't like to hear.
I think sticking with game, even though the favor is far from your hands, makes you a better player over all. I like seeing how much my team can make a comeback after a significant number of players leave or how far behind we are. Makes me play harder, and more cunning in order to win firefights, or take bases, and kill bosses. Like a big "suck it" to the other team. Its fun and satisfying
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 17