1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17
Not everyone shares that toxic mentality.
If im not having fun, I'm gonna quit. If I get bored of the same yoink, I'm gonna quit. If I had to go for whatever reason, i'm gonna quit. If it is stressing me the yoink out, im gonna quit. It's simple as that, deal with it.
in competitive 4v4 i might be inclined to agree. but who cares if ppl quit in btb, social, or warzone. that can be incredibly unbalanced an no fun
PursuedS wrote:
I see what OP is trying to get at. When H5 launched I was getting stomped in Arena and I did myself quit some matches, I only quit if other players on my team quit I didn't want to get stomped even worse. I never used to do it in previous titles. But now I've got the right point of view back:

If everyone else quits it's better practice for me!!!!!
I'll try be a sneaky ninja and play hide and seek, get the cheeky back smack, do my best to at least trade kills.
I'll look at it as a win if I can get more kills that any other one player on the enemy team.
You do have a very good and healthy view on this. I admire you for your conviction.

This is an honest response to my provocative post that I was trying to stimulate. People reflecting on why they may quit, their attitude towards it, and maybe a consideration of how affects others on the teams they leave when they voluntarily choose to leave.

Seems like most times the only people who respond are giving the usual responses of "it's my right to quit", "disconnects", "emergencies", etc. when there is clearly more voluntary quitting than disconnects and emergencies and a clear "arrogance" (to use a term from another response here) and lack of sportsmanship in those who quit routinely to preserve themselves.
Point 1. Not everyone is a MLG pro league.
Point 2. They might want to play custom games and their friend invited them.
Point 3. Do not post deconstructive posts. (That happened to my freind for no reason so I'm doing it now.)

Also I quit early cause custom games.
Point 1. Yes, that is the point—if you made it to MLG pro nobody quits (obviously). BUT since it is not MLG Pro, why not just stick it out and actually play the game to be fair to your other team mates? Don't they have deserve some respect?
Point 2. That's fine, but how about waiting until the end of the match—that again would be considerate, sportsman like behaviour and not selfish, and arrogant behaviour
Point 3. The post was meant to be rant and provocative (hence the deliberate choice of "not true HALO player". Your use of the term "deconstructive" is incorrect in this case (definition : analyze (a text or a linguistic or conceptual system) by deconstruction, typically in order to expose its hidden internal assumptions and contradictions and subvert its apparent significance or unity.) I am not trying to breakdown quitting to subvert it's apparent significance, in fact, I am doing the exact opposite. I am highlighting the significance of Intentional and voluntarily quitting and the impact it has on the playing enjoyment of others. Intentional quitting is a selfish and unsportsmanlike behaviour.
I quit on occasion because of impossible lag or the REQs aren't working at all. Sometimes I get booted because of serious connection issues. It's not always the point that someone is "too scared" to face a loss. You want a rebuttal, look at my win/lose average versus the amount of games won. Does it look like I am scared to lose? I am ranked # 606 worldwide in halotracker.com in the amount of time played. If I was "too scared" to lose, I would not have that accolade. Now look at the DNFs. Not many are there? But yet I do have a few. I have accepted maybe three or four invites to join friends, the rest are just as mentioned earlier. Please explain what a "true halo player" is? I thought it was someone who enjoyed the franchise so much they play the game more than their other games? I thought a "true halo player" plays for the enjoyment of the game?
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
PursuedS wrote:
I see what OP is trying to get at. When H5 launched I was getting stomped in Arena and I did myself quit some matches, I only quit if other players on my team quit I didn't want to get stomped even worse. I never used to do it in previous titles. But now I've got the right point of view back:

I'll try be a sneaky ninja and play hide and seek, get the cheeky back smack, do my best to at least trade kills.
I'll look at it as a win if I can get more kills that any other one player on the enemy team.
You do have a very good and healthy view on this. I admire you for your conviction.

This is an honest response to my provocative post that I was trying to stimulate. People reflecting on why they may quit, their attitude towards it, and maybe a consideration of how affects others on the teams they leave when they voluntarily choose to leave.

Seems like most times the only people who respond are giving the usual responses of "it's my right to quit", "disconnects", "emergencies", etc. when there is clearly more voluntary quitting than disconnects and emergencies and a clear "arrogance" (to use a term from another response here) and lack of sportsmanship in those who quit routinely to preserve themselves.
I really do think people are missing out on a chance to really improve when players on their team quit. You know your going to lose anyway so if 4 spartans are coming at you why would you not try to kill at least 2 of them!?

If a player quits to preserve stats and K/D it's not actually making them better at the game.

It sucks when you team mates quit but it happens. To be honest a thread asking what players do when their team members quit would probably be more constructive.
I assume you're only talking about Arena quits. Because don't get me started on the ****fest that is warzone right now with all the farming going on.
Yes, Arena. WZ is a WHOLE different kettle of fish.
Agreed
The only times I ever quit is when my parents are threatening to turn power off if I don't turn it off myself and go and do something
Other than that I stick every game out to the very end
I never quit because I am losing, or because I am the last person left on my team
As one of the goals, by way of my provocative post, was to see if there are many who do have your type of philosophy and level of sportsmanship. I feel that in this day and age, there is a lack of consideration for others when being on a team and people just look out for themselves.
PursuedS wrote:
GRATZMAN67 wrote:
PursuedS wrote:

I really do think people are missing out on a chance to really improve when players on their team quit. You know your going to lose anyway so if 4 spartans are coming at you why would you not try to kill at least 2 of them!?

If a player quits to preserve stats and K/D it's not actually making them better at the game.

It sucks when you team mates quit but it happens. To be honest a thread asking what players do when their team members quit would probably be more constructive.
I agree. But this type of non-provocative post usually gets little response. But, good idea for a follow-up!
There are more reasons to quit than losing. Quitting is a symptom of a greater problem, it's not the problem itself.

The real problem is there is no real casual playlist that allows A)players to quit without being banned B) JIP.
If there was an unranked playlist that allowed these two features, it would severely cut down on the casual players entering Arena playlist.
Played 10 games last night. Not one quitter.
It happen once in a while, I don't care who you are, you've quit a match or two in ANY game including Halo. That doesn't make you a terrible halo player or fan.
I rarely quit games, but when I do its usually because I have to go somewhere, do something, or something else that cannot allow me to be AFK for 1 minute. For example: work, school, family stuff, or emergencies.
I don't quit in Halo 5. I do quit in Halo Reach. I was playing Invasion on Spire, so me and my Spartans spawned by the River. We move up, and get annihilated by Needlers. We couldn't spawn anywhere else, and they eventually got Energy Swords, and spawn trapped us. All of my teammates quit before I did. This is why kids commit suicide.
I agree, quitters suck. But why do i get banned for network issues that cause me to "quit"
And whats up with booting me from a lobby for inactivity when i get up to take a piss?
posting this for the req pack

im
People can quit if they want to quit. IT'S A GAME. If someone quitting is ruining your enjoyment then maybe you are taking it too seriously. Get over yourself, honestly.

Also, how can people that don't quit be in the minority when you, yourself, say that only one or two people quit per game. Wouldn't that mean that six or seven people stay, making you the majority? Also, what does quitting have to do with skill level? I don't really understand that point at all. A bronze player that can't move and shoot at the same time could theoretically never quit a game, but likewise a Champion could quit. Does that make the bronze player better than the champion? I don't think so.

You take this game too seriously if people quitting bothers you enough to go onto an online forum and yell at them. And that's coming from someone that has bought every legendary edition and special edition Halo console, so I take these games pretty seriously. No one owes you anything. If they aren't having fun or have something better to do it is their option to stop not having fun.
My post was part rant and meant to be provocative by my intentional choice of "true HALO player".
And thank you for your input, you've brought up some good points for discussion.
First, it's ironic that people support intentional quitting by claiming people take the game "way too serious" if they complain about intentional quitting.Ironically, if the international quitters weren't taking the game "way too seriously" they wouldn't quit because they wouldn't care about what the outcome of the game would be if they stayed in it.

Finally, your last paragraph is the main reason for most problems in gameplay seen in posts on this forum: "it's MY right", "I don't owe YOU anything"
People should be more considerate of fellow Halo players and act with more Sportsmanlike behaviour as this would improve gameplay and enjoyment for EVERYONE-including you.
Not all people quit because they are losing and in most cases it's usually because of:
-Lag
-Loss of connection to servers [NOT QUITING]
-Being kicked for betraying in Griffball (Which is -yoink-) [NOT QUITING]
-Being invited to play with a friend
-Having to turn off their console because they have something to do in the real world (could also be rage to be fair)

But you get my point, not all leave games because they are losing, and not all leave because they want to...
Yeah but I think OP is talking about the obvious quitters. You know the ones. 1 kill, 15 deaths....
Red III wrote:
in competitive 4v4 i might be inclined to agree. but who cares if ppl quit in btb, social, or warzone. that can be incredibly unbalanced an no fun
I agree. I was implying Arena.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. 5
  7. ...
  8. 17