Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Im at Sr9 and plan to get to Sr152 before Infinite

OP JACKS HALO TAG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Im currently at Sr9 I played back when Halo 5 first came out for about 4 hours (plus some campaign but i don't know if that counts towards Sr) then moved on to other games.

Having just finished the last achievements in MCC, I was looking forward to Infinite then about twenty minutes ago I found out about a reward for getting to Sr152 so I have decided to go for it.

The reason I'm telling you this is I'm classing it as a speedrun and this is me starting the clock(which is premature as Halo 5 is still downloading). I know that I'm not at Sr0 and I know that no one will class it as a speedrun and I know it would be essentially improvable that it was always only me playing for thousands of hours. But I'm doing it anyway.
At the end I will keep earning until i would have a 9 so it will be more like a quickest 50,000,000 xp, some will be streamed some probably not.

This is the clock.
https://www.webcountdown.net/?c=1574421360&up=1
Wish me luck!
Playing at 160k EXP per day, you'll have to play for 312.2797125 days to achieve rank 152.

To find this, I took the Rank 152 requirement (50,000,000 EXP), subtracted it by your EXP (according to HaloTracker, it is 35,246). Then picked a number (160,000) to divide by. So, the final equation is (50,000,000-35,246)/160,000, which equals 312.2797125
You’re a madman.
Spoiler:
Show
Im currently at Sr9 I played back when Halo 5 first came out for about 4 hours (plus some campaign but i don't know if that counts towards Sr) then moved on to other games.

Having just finished the last achievements in MCC, I was looking forward to Infinite then about twenty minutes ago I found out about a reward for getting to Sr152 so I have decided to go for it.

The reason I'm telling you this is I'm classing it as a speedrun and this is me starting the clock(which is premature as Halo 5 is still downloading). I know that I'm not at Sr0 and I know that no one will class it as a speedrun and I know it would be essentially improvable that it was always only me playing for thousands of hours. But I'm doing it anyway.
At the end I will keep earning until i would have a 9 so it will be more like a quickest 50,000,000 xp, some will be streamed some probably not.

This is the clock.
https://www.webcountdown.net/?c=1574421360&up=1
Wish me luck!
You can definitely do it sir, trust me. I'm nearing the end of my run now.
I wish you the best of luck. It took me a year to get from 149 to 152. Setting daily goals is a must, or else you will think you have done good going up 20 levels in a week, only to find that you have barely got about 280,000 xp. If you get 150,000 every day, you will reach 152 in a little under a year. Featured playlists are your friends. Try to get at least a million xp on the weekends with Warzone turbo and Warzone assault.
That's just craziness. From January 2018 to January 2020 I expect to be at about 40-42 million total XP. Depends how much turbo I'm able to play when it's up.
Play the featured and double XP playlist when available. It's a super long grind... Also keep in mind they said the award wasn't going to be much so don't expect a grand prize at the end of the grind because there isn't one.
Don't burn yourself out.
Do you plan on quitting your job to accomplish this?
You can't reach 152. It's too late. And playing too much is unhealty.
I like it. Look forward to seeing your progress.
Good luck man, keep us updated.
I don’t see this as being possible. Once you get all the unlocks you get 6000 REQ points back in every Gold Pack. It takes a lot longer to get gold packs without the bonus. I just don’t see the boosts being available or plentiful enough to enable over 100% XP efficiency.
Ain't gonna happen
This is pretty much physically impossible unless you play 8+ hours a day every day until it comes out, and you still probably won't make it.

You'll likely get burned out long before you get close as well. For what reason? There isn't a justifiable reason to do this. This isn't good for your physical or mental health honestly.

When something becomes that is meant to be an escape, for fun, becomes a job, it isn't worth doing. That statement sums up everything about Halo 5 in general honestly. This is coming from someone who lost faith in this game at SR114. I'm only coming back to these forums because Infinite is around the corner, and I just learned of the old lead writer leaving the studio.

Just play something that you will legitimately will enjoy until Infinite drops. I recommend Monster Hunter World.
Update 1 25/11/2019 :
Negative news: That clock turned out very premature didn't get on for about 12 hours. My controller is slightly broken (right thumbstick doesn't click in). Still just trying to figure out the best thing to play to earn XP.
Positive news: Enjoying the game, wasn't sure I would. Started streaming through my laptop so i can do other things at the same time (played through the Wilder-Ortiz fight for example). I'm now a 49 but will be playing more today.
This is pretty much physically impossible unless you play 8+ hours a day every day until it comes out, and you still probably won't make it.

You'll likely get burned out long before you get close as well. For what reason? There isn't a justifiable reason to do this. This isn't good for your physical or mental health honestly.

When something becomes that is meant to be an escape, for fun, becomes a job, it isn't worth doing. That statement sums up everything about Halo 5 in general honestly. This is coming from someone who lost faith in this game at SR114. I'm only coming back to these forums because Infinite is around the corner, and I just learned of the old lead writer leaving the studio.

Just play something that you will legitimately will enjoy until Infinite drops. I recommend Monster Hunter World.
I total agree friend. Hope this guy realise this unhealty and impossible. (Sry for bad English).
You probably could do it, but you really shouldn't. SR150 to SR152 is the same exp requirement as SR1 to SR150, I believe. You would have to play optimally for at least several hours every single day until Infinite's launch.

It is just a game.
You probably could do it, but you really shouldn't. SR150 to SR152 is the same exp requirement as SR1 to SR150, I believe. You would have to play optimally for at least several hours every single day until Infinite's launch.

It is just a game.
Yeah, kinda stupid to make 1-150 the same 150-152. Very last minute planning there. Wouldn't be as bad of a grind if it went to 200, then that'd make sense, but I feel like 150 was the number and realized the XP max was too short and then just made 2 more levels
Go for it, totally behind you, don't listen to naysayers.

One thing that may slow the process down though, just heads up -- matchmaking will be a little harder because there isn't as much traffic these days. I often have to wait a couple minutes for Warzone matches, and I haven't been able to get Arena matches in a while.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2