Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Im at Sr9 and plan to get to Sr152 before Infinite

OP JACKS HALO TAG

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Im currently at Sr9 I played back when Halo 5 first came out for about 4 hours (plus some campaign but i don't know if that counts towards Sr) then moved on to other games.

Having just finished the last achievements in MCC, I was looking forward to Infinite then about twenty minutes ago I found out about a reward for getting to Sr152 so I have decided to go for it.

The reason I'm telling you this is I'm classing it as a speedrun and this is me starting the clock(which is premature as Halo 5 is still downloading). I know that I'm not at Sr0 and I know that no one will class it as a speedrun and I know it would be essentially improvable that it was always only me playing for thousands of hours. But I'm doing it anyway.
At the end I will keep earning until i would have a 9 so it will be more like a quickest 50,000,000 xp, some will be streamed some probably not.

This is the clock.
https://www.webcountdown.net/?c=1574421360&up=1
Wish me luck!
Good luck with that.
Best of luck I'm on the same quest myself, I'm at SR 57 and work a pretty demanding job. I try to play everyday, when I can't play a day i double up my playtime on a day off. Focus on double xp events and challenges. Might help to also join a spartan company if you haven't already. Best of luck to you and look forward to seeing your progress.
What's your rank now?
Good luck man.
Hopefully 343 will have some double xp for all playlists again in sections for you.
Ive seen people hit 152 with playtimes of only 44 days, so its possible.
You can do it man, I finished today. It took me 332 days, from sr1 on Jan 1st, to sr152 on Nov 28th. That being said, I had 23 days in arena, and 22 in WZ. That's 7.23hrs a day on average. That's in game time, it doesn't count prelobby, or search time. I got an average of 150,602.4 XP daily. It can be done, you just have to be willing.
Best of luck to you... but there's no way you're making it.
Update 2 29/11/2019 :
I'm at Sr84 now and have found a useful list of what xp is needed for each level. Aiming for Sr147 by the end of the year. Still enjoying the game have fixed my control pad so that has made things better. Playing WZ Turbo a lot since it has been featured hoping this lasts a good while(I don't know how often they change the featured playlist).
Update 2 29/11/2019 :
I'm at Sr84 now and have found a useful list of what xp is needed for each level. Aiming for Sr147 by the end of the year. Still enjoying the game have fixed my control pad so that has made things better. Playing WZ Turbo a lot since it has been featured hoping this lasts a good while(I don't know how often they change the featured playlist).
Turbo will be double xp until monday so get those games in!
Good luck! You have plenty of time!
Edited
Im currently at Sr9 I played back when Halo 5 first came out for about 4 hours (plus some campaign but i don't know if that counts towards Sr) then moved on to other games.

Having just finished the last achievements in MCC, I was looking forward to Infinite then about twenty minutes ago I found out about a reward for getting to Sr152 so I have decided to go for it.

The reason I'm telling you this is I'm classing it as a speedrun and this is me starting the clock(which is premature as Halo 5 is still downloading). I know that I'm not at Sr0 and I know that no one will class it as a speedrun and I know it would be essentially improvable that it was always only me playing for thousands of hours. But I'm doing it anyway.
At the end I will keep earning until i would have a 9 so it will be more like a quickest 50,000,000 xp, some will be streamed some probably not.

This is the clock.
Wish me luck!
I don't wish to dissuade you but, there is no humanly way possible that you alone will reach 152. You would need to play almost 24/7. I would like to see how close you get when Infinite comes out though.
Update 3 05/12/2019 :
I'm at Sr111 now and aiming for 114 today I have fallen behind a little bit but still going pretty good. Gamertag is; Jacks halo tag. If anyone is in the mood for playing they should add me, obviously I'm on a lot.
Goody luck.. Let's open the bets

This is the clock.
Wish me luck!
I don't wish to dissuade you but, there is no humanly way possible that you alone will reach 152. You would need to play almost 24/7. I would like to see how close you get when Infinite comes out though.
Idk man, I did it in as many days, so it's definitely possible.

This is the clock.
Wish me luck!
I implore you as a fellow Halo fan to NOT go through with this. I recommend playing the game because you enjoy it. This is an extremely long grind that most players underestimate. The levels aren't so grindy from SR1 - SR135, but from SR135 - SR152 the levels become extremely grindy. I am almost certain you will burn yourself out, because you will have to play almost non-stop to earn 50 million XP over the next calendar year. I am betting that you might get a quarter of the way there before you decide to change your mind.

Please, I do not recommend doing this. I am worried you might waste a lot of time doing something you might not accomplish in the end or enjoy. And as others have mentioned, I would not expect an amazing prize for Halo Infinite, because 343 has gone on the record of saying there is none.

But if you decide to go through with it, good luck, but take it easy.

Edit: Looks like you are SR114. Good progress, but you only have about 4.2 million XP. 4.2 million / 50 million = 8.4% of the way there.

In 14 days you earned 4.2 million XP which is about 300,000 XP per day. You have 45,800,000 XP to go. At this rate, you will reach SR152 in about 153 days. 153 days from your post on December 5, puts your completion date on May 6, 2020. Source: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/6e35355aecdf4fd0acdaee3cc4156fd4/topics/max-sr-total-xp-needed-and-it-s-rewards/92cc2c88-3e28-454e-9688-f2b56cc56823/posts
Wow, you're at 123 already? That's kind of insane. Long ways to go but good luck.
Quick math:

You are currently SR 128 with 5,266,456 (December 9, 2019). SR 152 is achieved through 50,000,000 xp. Halo Infinite launches "holiday 2020", however looking at the pattern of releases of previous halo titles, it can be assumed that Infinite will launch around October-November. Let's say November to be optimistic.

You need to get 44,733,544‬ xp in 11 about months (call it 330 days). 44,733,544 / 330 = 135,556 xp/day.

Daunting, yes, but entirely plausible.

Let's take a look at your progress since posting this thread.

On November 22, 2019, as an SR 9, you would have had 28,500 xp. That was 17 days ago. That's 309,791 xp PER DAY. This is absolutely insane (or something doesn't add up) Continuing at this rate you could reach SR 152 in about 145 days.

I think it just might be doable.

Absolute madlad.
best of luck to you. thats gonna be a grind over the next year or so
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2