Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Im new, should I get the Premium req pack?

OP Exqisitor

I'm only level 20. Many methods for req farming say grind out silver before gold. Does spending 100,000 rp on the premium req pack skip over the filler? It says you get 5 ultra rare or better cosmetic items, does that include emblems? I want armor over anything else. Would it be better than 10 gold req packs? Thanks.
best advice, start with bronze packs.
once you start getting req points back, move to silvers.
then once you get req points back there, move to gold.

that's the most efficient way to get all the packs.
if you open anything other than bronze first, you run the risk of "paying" a lot for a common card.
bronze allows you to open up to a certain tier weapon / vehicle / cosmetic.
so getting other packs first means you could pick up items in that pack that you could have opened for the cost of a bronze pack
best advice, start with bronze packs. once you start getting req points back, move to silvers.
then once you get req points back there, move to gold.

that's the most efficient way to get all the packs.
if you open anything other than bronze first, you run the risk of "paying" a lot for a common card.
bronze allows you to open up to a certain tier weapon / vehicle / cosmetic.
so getting other packs first means you could pick up items in that pack that you could have opened for the cost of a bronze pack
Skip Bronze and instead focus on Silver because of the guaranteed permanent unlocks. Also, you don't get REQ points back from Bronze packs precisely because it doesn't include guaranteed permanent unlocks.

You then can decide if you want to stick with Silver packs until you start getting REQ points back or once you have the majority of things unlocked from Rare down to Common/Uncommon start mixing in some Gold pack purchases too.

Eventually you'll be on all Gold pack purchases the rest of the way until everything that can be unlocked from Gold REQ packs is accomplished. If some of the common REQs still remain unlocked such as Mongoose Certificates then go back and purchase Bronze packs to unlock those too, but there's really zero rush to unlock those.
When do you get REQ points back?
I mean all those cards are stacking, i have 60+ of those ghostcards.
When do you get REQ points back?
I mean all those cards are stacking, i have 60+ of those ghostcards.
Once you finish unlocking all permanent items. Then every time you open a Gold pack, you get 6000 points back. So you’ll effectively be dishing out 4000 points for a Gold pack.
Just to confirm this process:
  • keep buying Silvers until it returns you 2 x 1500 req point cards, this unlocks all common, uncommon and rare reqs, then move onto Gold
  • keep buying Gold until it returns you 2 x 3000 req point cards as you have then unlocked the remaining ultra rare and legendary reqs .
Your best bet is to only get bronze. Once you get everything you can in it then move up to silver and so on. It’s a long and painful process but it’s the best way to unlock everything.
Your best bet is to only get bronze. Once you get everything you can in it then move up to silver and so on. It’s a long and painful process but it’s the best way to unlock everything.
It's better to simply skip Bronze because it doesn't guarantee permanent unlocks. In essence you risk pissing away valuable RPs that could have gone to a Silver pack with assured permanent unlocks.
ZacBum wrote:
  • keep buying Silvers until it returns you 2 x 1500 req point cards, this unlocks all common, uncommon and rare reqs, then move onto Gold
  • keep buying Gold until it returns you 2 x 3000 req point cards as you have then unlocked the remaining ultra rare and legendary reqs .
This is the best advice.....however you can do what you wish with your points. IF you think the gamble of the pack is worth all the unlocks you could have had with just silvers or golds then go for it.... But I wouldn't... I would just keep grinding the packs to get everything unlocked. Speciality packs just set you back in the grind. You can skip bronze they don't guarantee unlocks and the few low low level stuff there aren't really needed. Grind out those silvers then move on to golds.
ZacBum wrote:
Definitely this, as LethalQ has said.

If I may add that the silvers won't actually grant you exactly all the common reqs - but nearly all.
I think several Mongoose varieties are only found in Bronze packs.

So the best way to do it is to do what ZacBum said for Silver and Gold, and once those are done (refunding req points) you can start buying a few Bronze packs until you get all the Mongoose varieties. The tough thing about opening Bronze packs is that they never refund any points - because they aren't guaranteed to unlock a permanent Req.
You just kinda have to know when you've unlock all the bronze pack items - which is why a lot of people suggest doing the Mongoose-Bronze last.

[EDIT]Just noticed that eLantern kinda spelled this out already.
ZacBum wrote:
I concur with this. It does take a while but worth it. I also agree with the bronze packs. Wait for free points from silver and gold and go for them. If you have generous family members, get yourself some Xbox Gift cards for Christmas and use it wisely for those occasional items they put up for sale. IE. Platinum packs, Helmet packs, etc. They are usually worth the buy.
AshamanND wrote:
ZacBum wrote:
Definitely this, as LethalQ has said.

If I may add that the silvers won't actually grant you exactly all the common reqs - but nearly all.
I think several Mongoose varieties are only found in Bronze packs.

So the best way to do it is to do what ZacBum said for Silver and Gold, and once those are done (refunding req points) you can start buying a few Bronze packs until you get all the Mongoose varieties. The tough thing about opening Bronze packs is that they never refund any points - because they aren't guaranteed to unlock a permanent Req.
You just kinda have to know when you've unlock all the bronze pack items - which is why a lot of people suggest doing the Mongoose-Bronze last.

[EDIT]Just noticed that eLantern kinda spelled this out already.
I actually was wondering about the remaining Mongoose certifications, thanks AshamanND and eLantern for this info, I just went in and unlocked the remaining 4, just for completion haha.
I only buy gold and am rarely disappointed