Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Immortal Medal Confusion

OP theArchi73ct

To get the immortal medal you have to survive all the rounds in a game of breakout (aka not die once). And in the extermination breakout mode, all you have to do is be alive when the round ends, right? I did this and didn't receive the immortal medal. I re-watched the game afterwards and made sure I was alive at the end of the round each time, and I was. Can anyone provide some clarification to why this happened?
no, if you die then u will not get the medal
To get the immortal medal you have to survive all the rounds in a game of breakout (aka not die once). And in the extermination breakout mode, all you have to do is be alive when the round ends, right? I did this and didn't receive the immortal medal. I re-watched the game afterwards and made sure I was alive at the end of the round each time, and I was. Can anyone provide some clarification to why this happened?
You must go flawless meaning you were never killed the entire match regsrdless of game mode extermination, breakout,breakout 2.0

If your working on that message me I currently am as well I play every night at 7pm est and I'm also playing with another player who's working on them as well if your interested.
Quote:
You must go flawless meaning you were never killed the entire match regardless of game mode extermination, breakout, breakout 2.0
Hmm then they must have changed the requirement. I remember seeing this happen, and there are also several forums posts from previous years about the same thing. That's disappointing to hear.
Quote:
You must go flawless meaning you were never killed the entire match regardless of game mode extermination, breakout, breakout 2.0
Hmm then they must have changed the requirement. I remember seeing this happen, and there are also several forums posts from previous years about the same thing. That's disappointing to hear.
As far as I'm aware, the requirement has never changed. 343i could have used a better word than "round" in the description since a match of Breakout, etc. has multiple rounds. In the case of the Immortal commendation only, "round" is referring to a full match.
Translator
Understanding 343 you must survive as the last man standing in the final round
Quote:
I learned on the weekend there is a way in extermination to die during the match and still get an immortal medal. If you 5-0 the other team, and you are alive as each round ends, you will still get the medal, even if you did die during the match.

Rare circumstance, but it happened to me.
^^ This is what I am talking about.
I survived every round and didn't get the medal - that's what I am confused about, not the single round v.s. whole game thing.
What I am thinking is that it either glitched, the requirement changed so that what I quoted above can no longer happen, or that if you tie one round instead of winning all of them it doesn't give you the medal (even though I was still alive at the end of that tied round).
Quote:
I learned on the weekend there is a way in extermination to die during the match and still get an immortal medal. If you 5-0 the other team, and you are alive as each round ends, you will still get the medal, even if you did die during the match.

Rare circumstance, but it happened to me.
^^ This is what I am talking about.
I survived every round and didn't get the medal - that's what I am confused about, not the single round v.s. whole game thing.
Where did this quote come from? Do you have a source?

NVM found it that post was from 2 years ago and from a player who no longer plays h5 i know because he used to be a friend of mine
you can't die during the whole game.