Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Impossible Firefight Encounters

OP Chris S119x

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
When you have to destroy four banshee raiders on round three. I got a rocket hog and they destroyed it in a couple seconds.
Raid on Apex 7... Two Wardens at Round 3 hiding behind rock spires... Knights with Incineration Cannons for backup...

What were 343i thinking?!
3 Wardens in the home base only after you have to kill the two Knights which eats away a lot of time. On top of that, they put the mythic Warden in the spot where only a few vehicles can even reach. Did they even play test this stuff?
Round 3 on Urban with banshee raiders. On top of the bosses being in temple banshees, the REQ level isn't high enough to use things good for anti-air such as rocket lauchers and spartan lasers. From my experience, the only good thing to use is chaingun warthogs and chaingun turrets. Even still, the armor on the temple banshees is too much.
Some of them occur too early IMO, but they can still be done. On Darkstar, the ridiculous 4 phaetons on round 2 proved to be a challenge a bunch of randoms and I only beat with 1 second left. Part of that was lack of coordination, though. It everyone would've been in warthogs, we would've easily taken them down.

As for the 3 wardens, I played w/ a random team one game on Apex. I had a Corp Scorpion, someone in a regular scorpion, and one in a wraith. Took maybe, MAYBE 3, 3.5 minutes to beat them. Nothing too bad.

Just find people to play with who are willing to use vehicles instead of saving their "precious REQs"
There are no impossible rounds. The biggest problem is people pull out the wrong reqs during intermission before they see the objective, approach each objective like they're rambo and spend most of the round respawning, or refuse to drop a precious req even when it's completely useless for the current objective. Firefight has some very tough objectives no doubt, but not impossible.
Round 3 on Urban with banshee raiders. On top of the bosses being in temple banshees, the REQ level isn't high enough to use things good for anti-air such as rocket lauchers and spartan lasers. From my experience, the only good thing to use is chaingun warthogs and chaingun turrets. Even still, the armor on the temple banshees is too much.
Oh yeah that one! That was a bit ridiculous. Played that last night and my team failed. I felt like I was the only one trying to kill them, but in reality it was just because everyone was busy trying not to die from the regular banshees.
There are no impossible rounds. The biggest problem is people pull out the wrong reqs during intermission before they see the objective, approach each objective like they're rambo and spend most of the round respawning, or refuse to drop a precious req even when it's completely useless for the current objective. Firefight has some very tough objectives no doubt, but not impossible.
For sure; That's why I try to wait to see what we are doing that round before I pull out a wreck. Nothing worse than pulling out a wraith during intermission just to find out you're dealing with Phaetons that round. At least I was able to dominate the adds, and take some agro while my team worked on the Phaetons.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2