Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Inconsistent Aiming?

OP Gods in Pain

I'd like to consider myself to be a pretty decent Halo player, but for some unknown reason, I am continuously being thrown off with my own aim inside of multiplayer games. I can't explain why, but it seems that during matches, my aim randomly changes or become different. I can start off the game hitting every single shot, 5ing people like crazy, but as the game progresses, it feels so difficult to aim as if I have no aim assist, and it ends up making me get behind 1 or 2 shots in my magnum battles. I've talked to a lot of my friends, both competitive and casual, and they claim to have noticed this as well. Is this a game mechanic that I just don't understand, or does it have something to do with the servers or something else?
This could be the unfortunate case of heavy aim. It’s been plaguing the game since launch. What causes it im not sure but you’re not alone. The only way I’ve seen to combat this is have low latency and use a wired connection. Sorry friend
I'd like to consider myself to be a pretty decent Halo player, but for some unknown reason, I am continuously being thrown off with my own aim inside of multiplayer games. I can't explain why, but it seems that during matches, my aim randomly changes or become different. I can start off the game hitting every single shot, 5ing people like crazy, but as the game progresses, it feels so difficult to aim as if I have no aim assist, and it ends up making me get behind 1 or 2 shots in my magnum battles. I've talked to a lot of my friends, both competitive and casual, and they claim to have noticed this as well. Is this a game mechanic that I just don't understand, or does it have something to do with the servers or something else?
all signs of heavy aim man...the only real thing you can do is really play passively, less aggressive, in a way that you won't have to bust out a sick strafe during a encounter. It becomes very difficult to be consistent during a 1v1 when heavy aims really bad. It's tough because it's as if it fluctuates.

Its not an EVERY single match occurrence....but it occurs much more often than it should...and shouldn't exist in the game.
If you're a champ in doubles you're better than "decent". Still I'm glad even at that level people notice it. I aim with the left stick in h5 more than any other halo because of it. You have to strafe into your shots. I think it's a latency issue because some matches I'll 5 shot everyone and others I'll have potato aim and can't hit -Yoink-.