Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Infection Glitch?

OP GruntBalaho

So as you all know, in infection, a survivor kills a zombie, said zombie dies and you move on, no weapons dropped by the zombie. But when I was playing the overgrowth variant (Magelant or something), I saw a team mate assassinate a zombie and walk off. At first I was like nice kill, then I saw a glowing green thing on the ground next to the dead zombie. It was an infected energy sword! It was cool because I got a few kills with it, it gave me a little speed boost, I scared the hell out of some of my team mates. All round good fun.

Glitch or not?
probably... but i hope they don't fix it... it's a good reward after assassinating an infected
Yeah I did that too
Interesting.
How about you go into Theatre mode and check whether equipping the weapon gives you the green trail or not, i wanna know for some reason.
Nice find! I hope to pick up one for myself!
Interesting.
How about you go into Theatre mode and check whether equipping the weapon gives you the green trail or not, i wanna know for some reason.
I went into theatre mode straight after that match to do the exact same thing (and take a screenshot). Unfortunately no green tail.
I wonder if it's a perk for assassinating an alpha zombie. I have assassinated a couple regular zombies and I swear there was no sword to pick up.. Or I totally missed it. I actually think if it's not a glitch, that's a way sick plus and motive to try and assassinate an alpha.
I wonder if it's a perk for assassinating an alpha zombie. I have assassinated a couple regular zombies and I swear there was no sword to pick up.. Or I totally missed it. I actually think if it's not a glitch, that's a way sick plus and motive to try and assassinate an alpha.
Now you mention it, I think that the zombie that got assassinated was an alpha, interesting...
Now you mention it, I think that the zombie that got assassinated was an alpha, interesting...
I have done it twice and the zombie doesn't need to be an alpha to drop the sword. I really hope that 343 won't remove it as it is a good reward.

It's really funny too! A zombie came at me and they stopped because they got confused on what I was holding, then we went in a sword fight and I won.