Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Infection is not fun at all

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I know everyone is playing it because of the double XP but it’s boring to me. I hate being a zombie because I die instantly and then as a Spartan, I don’t last very long either. I just payed Infection and got 1 kill the whole match! I feel like there is very little reason to bother rushing as a zombie. You die so fast and you’re outnumbered.
I think the same, I just played it like 5 times and thats all. I think is more boring griftball but who cares. For example I love legendary ff for the challenge (kill 200+, make 50000 points, dont die, make 50+ headshots) but a lot of players hate it 😅
I know everyone is playing it because of the double XP but it’s boring to me. I hate being a zombie because I die instantly and then as a Spartan, I don’t last very long either. I just payed Infection and got 1 kill the whole match! I feel like there is very little reason to bother rushing as a zombie. You die so fast and you’re outnumbered.
It's better if your playing with a group. I struggle with it as well because I'm not great with a shotgun or sword. I see people 1-shot killing from across the room with shotguns and it boggles my mind. Seemingly moving faster with a sword as a zombie than I can. It does get better if you play it a lot, but I'm just not competitive in that type of play.
If you play it enough, you'll figure out the best spots and how to survive longer or get more kills.
You would think by now we would have a PvE infection mode. Kinda like the old firefight mode survive until you die except it being infinite waves of harder and harder flood. It could be fun if done right
The only way it's fun is if you go into it in a party with friends. Other than then, it's dreadful.
how will this fun? this mode is for campers
It really gets to be more fun if you can play mind games as infected. By luring them over and infecting them, or distracting them so someone else can infect them. There are certain combos too that help. Like run, slide, jump, then aim with trusters (which give you a farther range with the sword) and slice.

This is why I don't like the stages that open then close areas. Maps like coastal highway or green room (seems like every other game I get one of these) do this and it doesn't work well. These really throw off the game and it just becomes about running and getting lucky. Personally I think infection is best played on a single map.
I'm in the same boat... lol. I'm playing it for the double xp. Slow reflexes are definitely not your friend in this game mode. The spawn traps are pretty annoying. It would be nice if the games were a little more consistent, some maps you can sprint others you can't, same goes with the thrusts. If your getting lag you better just find a good place to hide and stay there, at least you get points for being the last man standing...lol.
I don't particularly enjoy Infection, however it is fun when you play with a few other people in a party.
it’s boring to me
This pretty much sums up my feelings about it as well. The only reason I have played it recently is because infection and firefight are the only playlists where I can find a match. If that weren’t the case, I would never touch it
The only thing I don't like about Infection is Contingency. Aside from that, I find Infection very enjoyable.
I'm in the same boat as you, I generally don't do very well. But I did find myself improving when I learned the best spots on the map as a human to stay alive. I generally just play it as I'm doing the grind to 152 and infection is good for getting XP quickly.
This infection can be fun but it does get boring kinda quick. The only infection mode I was always able to keep playing was Halo Reach Alpha Zombies. Just was more balanced to me.
There's a very good reason to rush, as in if you idle, you'll get banned for 2 months lol!
There's a very good reason to rush, as in if you idle, you'll get banned for 2 months lol!
Are you serious? You can get banned for 2 months just for being idle?
It's probably for doing it on numerous occasions.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Ok, that’s what I thought. I’ve never been banned in Halo 5 but I have in the MCC. It’s usually 5-10 minutes the first time and it’s gets longer for each time within the same day.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Dead serious, but like LUKEPOWA said, it's for the people who idle in game after game. There's no warning time for it either, I got banned for 14 days idling in FF. You'll just be playing, then the next your banned. Then recently there's people on the banned forums saying they're banned for 65-66 days starting out. Anyway, needless to say, I'd be afraid to stand still at all, all it would take is one person to get on waypoint, and report ya 😑... Infection has single handedly started destroying my small KD ratio I had lol, but it's fun.
This infection can be fun but it does get boring kinda quick. The only infection mode I was always able to keep playing was Halo Reach Alpha Zombies. Just was more balanced to me.
Man that is a fun game type!!!
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2