Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Infection is not fun at all

OP Geth Pathfinder

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I would be able to stand it better if they didn’t use weird lighting and different maps. I get it that it’s part of them theme but I could actually enjoy infection more in the 3/Reach/4 days because I didn’t have to relearn everything in the playlist. It was pretty much the same game but with shotguns, swords and modified zombie health
The only infection that’s ever been even close to enjoyable was the infection in Breakout 1.0 with the Mantises in the maze.
I never find people playing when I search!
Akinola51 wrote:
The only infection that’s ever been even close to enjoyable was the infection in Breakout 1.0 with the Mantises in the maze.
Infection with Mantis’s!? How do the infected get any kills?
This infection can be fun but it does get boring kinda quick. The only infection mode I was always able to keep playing was Halo Reach Alpha Zombies. Just was more balanced to me.
Halo Reach alpha zombies was my first game of infection ever played. All future titles have been a disappointment.
Akinola51 wrote:
Infection with Mantis’s!? How do the infected get any kills?
It was like hide & go seek. The Mantises were the infected and after you got killed you got a Mantis so you could go hunting.
One of the things is you aren't used to the playlist and its mechanics. As you play, you will get better and have more fun. It's good to mix it up every once in awhile.
Infection really isn't my cup of tea but I've been grinding it for XP lately so I've got opinions. I find myself trying to get infected cause certain people in my game are so good that matches last the maximum length and I just want it to end. I can honestly say "The Burrows" is my least favorite map purely because if the survivors get to the last stage there is virtually nothing the infected can do to win the match. "Bleak Rock" and "Coastal Highway" could get bad too if enough survivor make it to the later stages. The XP gain is quite lucrative for time spent, I average about 1k XP per minute spend in game but it seems to fall off after 10 minutes.
I know everyone is playing it because of the double XP but it’s boring to me. I hate being a zombie because I die instantly and then as a Spartan, I don’t last very long either. I just payed Infection and got 1 kill the whole match! I feel like there is very little reason to bother rushing as a zombie. You die so fast and you’re outnumbered.
The trick is just to find a relatively secure spot - only one or two exits - and you will see that many players stick to that position, jumping on boxes or whatever gives you the high ground, and waiting for zombies to rush in. Sounds easier than it is but that seems to be the general strategy.
A list of fun things about Halo 5's infections:

That is all.
RENWICK117 wrote:
A list of fun things about Halo 5's infections:

That is all.
I just don’t like FFA games in general. I have literally never won a game of infection in any Halo.
You should try not to play things that you don't really care for like your displeasure with Hardcore for example and you'll have a better time.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
You should try not to play things that you don't really care for like your displeasure with Hardcore for example and you'll have a better time.
That’s what I have been doing. That is the exact reason I no longer play Warzone besides firefight. It became so frustrating I decided to stop altogether. The same reason I don’t usually include Halo 3 in the search for the match composer. I don’t really play hardcore unless I get it by accident. For some reason I actually like Halo 5’s Hardcore. I think it’s because I never really considered it hardcore. I just like that the MT shows abilities only. I don’t usually play infection either. Or other FFA games for that matter.
Speaking honestly, I enjoy playing as the infected more than the survivors depending on the map. Just position yourself correctly, use the smart-link with the sword and you can just wipe an entire group of people out. The people who hop into the playlist aren't always very map-aware due to the relaxed nature of the playlist, so just play around everyone else's playstyle.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2