Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Infection = Social, not Competitive

OP LeeMan49

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
LeeMan49 wrote:
I do like the Infection game type, I wouldn't go so far to say its worth the 7 month wait, because we should have had it at release, but its good nonetheless, but what I have a problem with, is how it contributes towards competitive stats. My K/D isn't good at all, its only 1.1 in arena, and 1.3 on my profile, (I think thats across all game types) but Infection has completely messed up my percentage wins, they've dropped down to 49%, from 53%, my K/D (across all game types) has dropped from 1.360, down to 1.321, this is all because of Infection contributing to my competitive stats.
I have only been a Halo player for 4 years, but I know that Infection isn't a competitive gametype, its social, ergo it shouldn't contribute towards overall kills, deaths and percentage wins, that what competitive game types are for, and they have negatively affected statistics which affect things like being accepted by Spartan Companies, (very possibly matchmaking - it may well be used as a scaling tool) and other various aspects of the game.
My message here is simple: Infection should have no contribution to a single players statistics, especially those that reflect their level of skill
If anyone in the comments is gonna say "git gud scrub", just don't bother, its hardy relevant to this thread and a rather arbitrary comment at best
I'm curious to see who agrees with me, and I welcome the opinions of those that don't.
In a bit
I made a post about this when MoR first dropped.. I got a bunch of hate. Filthy casuals telling me W/L doesn't matter.. Matters to me and this needs to be fixed
LeeMan49 wrote:
I do like the Infection game type, I wouldn't go so far to say its worth the 7 month wait, because we should have had it at release, but its good nonetheless, but what I have a problem with, is how it contributes towards competitive stats. My K/D isn't good at all, its only 1.1 in arena, and 1.3 on my profile, (I think thats across all game types) but Infection has completely messed up my percentage wins, they've dropped down to 49%, from 53%, my K/D (across all game types) has dropped from 1.360, down to 1.321, this is all because of Infection contributing to my competitive stats.
I have only been a Halo player for 4 years, but I know that Infection isn't a competitive gametype, its social, ergo it shouldn't contribute towards overall kills, deaths and percentage wins, that what competitive game types are for, and they have negatively affected statistics which affect things like being accepted by Spartan Companies, (very possibly matchmaking - it may well be used as a scaling tool) and other various aspects of the game.
My message here is simple: Infection should have no contribution to a single players statistics, especially those that reflect their level of skill
If anyone in the comments is gonna say "git gud scrub", just don't bother, its hardy relevant to this thread and a rather arbitrary comment at best
I'm curious to see who agrees with me, and I welcome the opinions of those that don't.
In a bit
i have the opposite problem my kd is going too high because of my shotgun skills.
LeeMan49 wrote:
In a bit
I made a post about this when MoR first dropped.. I got a bunch of hate. Filthy casuals telling me W/L doesn't matter.. Matters to me and this needs to be fixed
Getting hate on this particular topic is pretty -Yoink-, you can't tell someone got stop caring about their K/D, especially in such a competitive orientated game, 343 really should address this, the community is the best way to get feedback
LeeMan49 wrote:
In a bit
Also there should not be k/d in custom games or grifball
Pretty dumb that a game mode that is gonna have you die a lot + can make you infected (which means lots of deaths) can affect your competitive kd. Especially when 343 forced a competitive halo on everyone. Now I'm not supposed to worry about my kd?

Pass.
Ill play some other mode.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2