Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Infection will be double XP for ALL of October

OP LethalQ

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
On the XP grind?? Well looks like the good news is Infection will be double XP all of October! Here is the link to the birthday bulletin, it also has the schedule for playlist.
Awesome, I got so many XP boosts to burn through; I also love playing Infection as a whole.
Is infection good xp? I tried it for game or two but it didn't seem like it was good xp to grind
LKG Gluby wrote:
Is infection good xp? I tried it for game or two but it didn't seem like it was good xp to grind
Infection gives out the most XP for any Social game type (excluding Warzone), but games can last a while, hence the high XP payout per game.
Infection is literally my least favorite thing to play in all of Halo. But I could really use the extra XP …
Infection is literally my least favorite thing to play in all of Halo. But I could really use the extra XP …
How come? Are there specific modes you do not enjoy, or are you just not a fan of the concept?
I hope they will remove contingency....... i still dont like it.
Perfect, this will be great for the road to 152
Now all I need is to not suck at infection.
I get why they do it each October, but I just haven't enjoyed infection since how it was played in the Halo 2 days on Foundation.
omarlotrc wrote:
How come? Are there specific modes you do not enjoy, or are you just not a fan of the concept?
Most of the time, I just don't find it fun. My son loves Infection, so I force myself to play it for him. Every once in a while it's enjoyable, but to me it's a really frustrating game. Especially if you get stuck as a zombie where you're just dying over and over and over again. I'd much rather play "real" Halo.

But, Infection has always got a pretty good population, so apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to my opinion on it.
omarlotrc wrote:
Most of the time, I just don't find it fun. My son loves Infection, so I force myself to play it for him. Every once in a while it's enjoyable, but to me it's a really frustrating game. Especially if you get stuck as a zombie where you're just dying over and over and over again. I'd much rather play "real" Halo.

But, Infection has always got a pretty good population, so apparently I'm in the minority when it comes to my opinion on it.
Doesn't make your opinion any less valid. I can totally see where you're coming from; the mode isn't for everyone.

It's nice that you put up with it for your son, though.
Im SO glad I got my 650 wins out of the way, now I can enjoy it without having to sweat.
Well...more than I normally do for infection anyway, hehe.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Yeah it’s all coming together
Do you think we will get double exp for all playlist for new years like last year?
Do you think we will get double exp for all playlist for new years like last year?
Maybe, but only 343 knows that answer.
I feel the same way :3
Yeah Infection and firefight are like that for me. After a few games it just gets tedious. I might have to grind some Infection just for the xp though
Anyone know what the little lockboxes on The Green Zone map do? There's one in each "contingency zone" and they only appear if the previous zone is collected.
Anyone know what the little lockboxes on The Green Zone map do? There's one in each "contingency zone" and they only appear if the previous zone is collected.
We programmed them to be unlocked in order of appearance to reveal easter eggs at the last phase of the map. Still waiting for someone to find them all legitimately.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2