Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Intentional Timewasters In Warzone Firefight

OP ThatKindBadger8

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I have played lots of Warzone Firefight (mainly Legendary in recent weeks) and one of things that I have only just noticed a week or so ago is that people that have big vehicles (like Scorpion tanks) tend to intentionally block players from getting past them (regardless of whether they are in foot or in land vehicles).

For example, think about a situation like this in Raid On Apex 7. The final round has just begun and we have to destroy a Phantom Boss and then a Temple Wraith Boss shortly after. There may be one or even two people driving Scorpion Tanks trying to block other players from getting past them just so they can waste time on the clock (if it's not because they want to keep top spots on the leaderboard). Has this happened to you? Let me know if it has.
Nope never happened to me, more often then not people don't req out tanks etc and we lose because of that. Also there are a number of ways to get to the beach for that final round so should not be a prolem.
I have played lots of Warzone Firefight (mainly Legendary in recent weeks) and one of things that I have only just noticed a week or so ago is that people that have big vehicles (like Scorpion tanks) tend to intentionally block players from getting past them (regardless of whether they are in foot or in land vehicles).

For example, think about a situation like this in Raid On Apex 7. The final round has just begun and we have to destroy a Phantom Boss and then a Temple Wraith Boss shortly after. There may be one or even two people driving Scorpion Tanks trying to block other players from getting past them just so they can waste time on the clock (if it's not because they want to keep top spots on the leaderboard). Has this happened to you? Let me know if it has.
I’ll block people with my scorpion...but not to waste time. It’s to make sure I get the kill on the Warden or Goblin Jockey or whatever. Is this what you’re seeing?
Not a great example since there's a ton of room on that round. How do you get blocked on foot when you can just climb over or go around a tank? I've encountered people who intentionally tried to block me from moving forward every now and then (usually ramming into me) and calling them time wasters is the wrong word. They're more like -Yoinks!- who should banned from playing Firefight.
I've had it happen a few times, I normally can and will drive over them. Or, if I can't, I'll ram into their vehicle with my own and get them killed. If you're going to be a d***, then I'm going to repay in kind. Course, there's a difference between intentionally being a jerk and not realizing you're blocking the entire pathway (trust me, I've done this accidentally before. I didn't realize there was no way around me while trying to fight a Warden Eternal who kept stun locking me.)
Not experienced this personally. But, more to the point, how does one manage to get blocked on Apex 7 on the last round which has bosses in the sky and on the beach...?
tuhin94 wrote:
Not experienced this personally. But, more to the point, how does one manage to get blocked on Apex 7 on the last round which has bosses in the sky and on the beach...?
There are choke points on the map before you get to the beach where you can block although getting in that situation would seem very rare. If he also spawned a vehicle in the home base, then it would be possible as well.
I find the idea of Spartans being adversarial in a purely co-operative playlist to be so odd. And yet it happens.
I find the idea of Spartans being adversarial in a purely co-operative playlist to be so odd. And yet it happens.
I find it odd too, but if you think about it, 343 kind of designed Warzone Firefight in a way that could make people want to compete with their teammates to get the top score. I've seen people behaving in ways that are consistent with that, such as destroying my vehicles when I briefly leave them to equip Wheelman mod, for example.
I find it odd too, but if you think about it, 343 kind of designed Warzone Firefight in a way that could make people want to compete with their teammates to get the top score. I've seen people behaving in ways that are consistent with that, such as destroying my vehicles when I briefly leave them to equip Wheelman mod, for example.
What does one get out of being top score though? Slightly higher xp?
Maybe using the ai kills boost I guess.

I just don't see the point.

Especially in firefight where you actually need everyone working together/ doing their part to win.
Maybe using the ai kills boost I guess.
Maybe stuff like that. But even if there was no benefit to getting 1st place, I'm sure a lot of people would try to get it anyway, just because they're naturally competitive and they feel like they have the be better than everyone else. Some people are just like that.
I just don't see the point.

Especially in firefight where you actually need everyone working together/ doing their part to win.
Yeah I don't see the point either. I prefer to arm my teammates with vehicles and help everyone do more damage. When people treat Warzone Firefight like a competition, to the point of intentionally handicapping their teammates, it just makes them look like a jackass :/
The time wasters are the players without vehicles on the final round. Stay out of the way of vehicles. You will not be able to complete the round if not for them.
When I tested the amount difference between first and near the bottom placing it was around 650 XP. I'd say the RP amount difference would be more in the slightly range which was only around 200 RP. Of course, that number can vary a little depending on how well or bad you do.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
When I tested the amount difference between first and near the bottom placing it was around 650 XP. I'd say the RP amount difference would be more in the slightly range which was only around 200 RP. Of course, that number can vary a little depending on how well or bad you do.
When you tested that, did you make sure the difference in XP you were seeing was only from your placement on the scoreboard, and not at all from your actual performance in terms of kills, boss takedowns, etc.?
The time wasters are the players without vehicles on the final round. Stay out of the way of vehicles. You will not be able to complete the round if not for them.
You have a very good point.
Zmoolah wrote:

I’ll block people with my scorpion...but not to waste time. It’s to make sure I get the kill on the Warden or Goblin Jockey or whatever. Is this what you’re seeing?
I never saw it that way before.
When you tested that, did you make sure the difference in XP you were seeing was only from your placement on the scoreboard, and not at all from your actual performance in terms of kills, boss takedowns, etc.?
No, I would have to test each enemy to see how much a kill contributes to the scoreboard which would require numerous games and I'm not doing that just to see what the difference is between first and a bottom placement, lol. That being said, even if there's no difference at all between the base XP/RP amounts for first and last, you're still going to get more XP/RP for getting first just due to the amount of enemy points that you're going to accumulate which allows you to get first place.

Here are two games that I did today which my team won and I'm only showing the individual showing. Keep in mind that my score would be higher if I got kills in my last place game, but it's very likely that it still wouldn't be as much as my first place game.

No kill game where I didn't die and came in last place.
XP:
Completion: 117
Player Rank: 1,621

RP:
Completion: 338
Player Rank: 26

Game where I came in first.
XP:
Completion: 1351
Player Rank: 4,700

RP:
Completion: 981
Player Rank: 200

Kind of like how people (including me) used to round up a full warthog in Halo 3 and drive off the map on Standoff for the lulz. Only in that case everyone also thought it was funny, I think.

However, this is a bit more messed up seeing as how they are wasting your time, reqs, and just ruining your experience overall. I actually have had people shove me out of the way with their wraiths in order to get a boss kill. One time I did most of the damage on a Mythic knight boss and then some jerk boosted me out of the way with his wraith and then got the last shot. Somehow I got no credit for it and he got the Mythic takedown.

There will always be jerks online like this, and in this case, there would be no real legal way to ban the people who do this intentionally, nor would there be a way to prove it that they are doing it on purpose. Sucks, but the best thing to do is just hope you don't Q in with them.
This happens to me all the time and I've only ever played Heroic difficulty so far. I've also met a ton of people that like to intentionally run me over and knock my shields out when I'm near a cluster of hostiles. I honestly think it's to keep me from getting kills/rising on the score board . No matter the reasoning behind it, calling it pathetic is being nice.
i don't play legendary firefight (or mythic) because not enough players pull out vehicles and then the round is all but impossible. heck, some heroics have been lost because people pull weapons and not vehicles. the easiest game mode and you lose.

Surely the purpose of firefight is 1) winning and 2)kills.

funny story, we had completed the final round, got the win when i rammed 2 guys with my wraith and splattered them both. I was kicked and got 0 XP or RP. I was a bit annoyed since we had won. ah well.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2