Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is 104 Ways to Die Still the Fastest Assassination

OP Kas K1032

My spartan company hasn't fully complete the assassin commendation yet, so I have decided to do it myself. Before I plan on doing this, I was wondering if 104 Ways to Die is still the fastest since there's been new assassinations added in the game. I even found a list of which assassination is the fastest on Reddit, but that one seems be outdated. I haven't tried any of the other assassination moves, so I don't have a clue on any of this. I just want to know if 104 Ways to Die is still the best for this task or is there another assassination that tops the former.
I believe it is. Although im sure anyone would suffice, the time difference cant be too much.

Im still a bit rattled that a normal back smack doesnt contribute to this comm... Either or should suffice imo.

Our company is almost done with them anyways. Goodlcuk!
This discussion was had a long time ago on another thread. The thread is now locked, but you can still read it here.
This discussion was had a long time ago on another thread. The thread is now locked, but you can still read it here.
Thanks for that link.
I'm not entirely sure, but I believe it is
Not 100% if it is. But like others have said, the time difference cannot possibly be that much. A sec or 2. So any of them should work. I use supernova and it literally takes like 3 or 4 seconds to do. Just cause you get the "fastest" one really wont make much of a difference in completing the commendation. Yes that extra sec or 2 could get you killed while performing it but that shouldn't happen enough to stop u from using whichever one u want
I am trying to get 104 ways to die and Supernova for the past 2 weeks but it's so difficult
104 Ways to Die is definitely one of the faster assassinations, though I'm unsure if it's the fastest one still.

Knife-based assassinations tend to be a bit more reliable than physical ones like Lawn Dart, but it's all personal preference.
The supernova can't be stopped, so it's by far the fastest (meaning you can't get showstopped)
Not 100% if it is. But like others have said, the time difference cannot possibly be that much. A sec or 2. So any of them should work. I use supernova and it literally takes like 3 or 4 seconds to do. Just cause you get the "fastest" one really wont make much of a difference in completing the commendation. Yes that extra sec or 2 could get you killed while performing it but that shouldn't happen enough to stop u from using whichever one u want
The speed definitely does matter. An extra 2 or 3 seconds could get you killed from full health, or g=could have an -Yoink- teammate headshot the guy you're killing and yoink the kill.

Unimportant side note: 104 Ways to Die was actually the first or second assassination I got, and I equipped it because it was Legendary. I love it, so I haven't changed it.
This is an old link but the guy took time and broke it down confirming that 104 ways to die is the fastest.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.reddit.com/r/halo/comments/46plus/halo_5_assassinations_ranked_by_speed/#ampf=undefined

It is missing the newer ones. Personal preference is Supernova which is probably one of the slowest ones but at least a teammate getting a headshot in is eliminated.

Hope this helps.
Superonova is the best if you want to grind assassinations, it is difficult to stop and steal.
Superonova is the best if you want to grind assassinations, it is difficult to stop and steal.
Ive never thought about this, I suppose the spinning would be in your favour. Good point
Gotta rock Emile's regards though, Emile is my fav Halo character.
Well Spin Cycle was the fastest in my book and it was cool. But when Super Nova came out I preferred that one because it was sweet throwing a plasma grenade on the enemy and tossing them away which always reminded me of that move the Spartan had in dead or alive 4 but that's besides the point. That assassination was cool because whenever a player would try to take it from you it would still count as long as the plasma grenade was stuck to them. But now 343 had some type of unannounced update that fix that assassination and now its like all the others which is super 🤬🤬🤬🤬 annoying. Like instead of fixing it they should have made speed faster in matchmaking by turning it from 100 to 130 that way you can pull off 99% of all the assassinations without a bunch of stress.
Ive never thought about this, I suppose the spinning would be in your favour. Good point
Its also just the impressive look, I've seen friendlies who were shooting at me while doing it stop and watch the enemy fly off into the sunset and explode when doing it.
To know the Lore is to know Halo
"Dont be spoiled, dont start a fight. Always be careful, here at night. Because the Spartans might come, in suits that weigh half a ton. And they'll steal from you all you gots, just like they did from Colonel Watts."
Its also just the impressive look, I've seen friendlies who were shooting at me while doing it stop and watch the enemy fly off into the sunset and explode when doing it.
I few memebers of our SC mention they use it & how well it works. Yeah it is one of the nicer ones