Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is 343 done with Halo 5?

OP NN CRAFT 2012

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
We had a full year of new reqs and maps, but I soon realise that this dream was ending with each time more 343 giving less content for us. Im not saying Im not satisfy, but we know halo 5 is already in its last days of 343 focus with the recent realese of halo wars 2, which I couldnt be more happy about. Whats your opnion about halo 5 future? Do you think there are more reqs coming up?
I think a few more REQ's will be coming. Maybe another Map or Two. But I am also looking forward to more content for Halo Wars 2. And the next Halo game in a year or two
Not sure on actual content but they've said more reqs would be coming after monitors bounty update.
If I'm not mistaken, there is one more big update coming.
Nope, there is one maybe two updates left that will bring a variety of items.
Still haven't gotten that plasma launcher lol (or the falcon, just sayin).
I hope not
Well honestly they just need to focus on halo 6. Just make that a good game rather than keep building on this one.

Trust me, if they screw halo 6 up (however that could be) they and all of us will suffer for it. Im sick of the rushed development of games, they need all the time they can get.
sniper945 wrote:
Well honestly they just need to focus on halo 6. Just make that a good game rather than keep building on this one.

Trust me, if they screw halo 6 up (however that could be) they and all of us will suffer for it. Im sick of the rushed development of games, they need all the time they can get.
Exactly. Move onto the next game, or if you need, focus on some additional items for HW2. Need to nail Halo 6 though, and I would be fine with that coming at the expense of anything further added to Halo 5
I was really hoping we'd get a Community Update today.

I wholeheartedly agree that they should take their time with Halo 6 and get it right. It does honestly appear that there are no other intervening spinoff or anniversary games coming in between though, unless they've done a really good job keeping them under wraps (which is possible). I have to be honest that does worry me a bit. If Halo 6 doesn't launch until at least fall 2018 at the very earliest, and there are no other Halo FPS games in between, I sure hope there are more update plans in the works for Halo 5, to keep people interested and playing. I worry how strong the population would be by the time Halo 6 comes out, and by extension I then worry how much interest the general gaming public will retain in Halo.
Hey look at that the They Shall Not Pass DLC came out for Battlefield 1!
They'll give us one or two more updates at least. But once E3 arrives don't expect any more support for the game (aside from bug fixes and the like).
Watch the final content update either be like 50 new weapons + variants or absolutely nothing other than a single remix map.
Skippy575 wrote:
They'll give us one or two more updates at least. But once E3 arrives don't expect any more support for the game (aside from bug fixes and the like).
I don't even expect bug fixes, most of the bugs from launch are still here.
Hoping for a massive final update that makes H5 relevant well into 2017. Would be a great way to transition into H6, whenever it comes out. H6 will have a lot to make up for, campaign-wise... but I believe they can pull it off!
Wow, I just posted a thread posing the same question, without seeing there was already one. I hope honestly that there is at least one more updates under their sleeve, but if they decide to focus on Halo 6 I'd perfectly understand. It's been a bit more than 3 months since Monitor's Bounty came, and we got 0 news of an update yet. Plus now they seem to be more focused on Halo Wars 2, which to me personally I really don't care about, but only because I'm personally not a fan of Strategy Games, when it comes to Halo I only enjoy the FPS Games. Also, I HAVEN'T GOTTEN MY BRUTE SHOT BACK! YET!
Think they said 1 or 2 updates to come. They should be focusing more on halo wars 2 and h6 than anything. They need all the time they can get.
Think they said 1 or 2 updates to come. They should be focusing more on halo wars 2 and h6 than anything. They need all the time they can get.
HW2 has a different developer, content for H5 and HW2 won't effect development for each other.
I'm totally convinced they're going to make a Halo spin off game or expansion pack, using Halo 5 as the foundation.
Yeah, I think the general consensus is that we'd all happily accept a longer development window to have a better Halo 6. I know I would. At the same time, I know they're probably struggling with keeping players interested in the meantime. But that's fine with me--they gave us a ton of free DLC, which I think more than repays the potential boredom we might suffer between now and then.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3