Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is 343 done with Halo 5?

OP NN CRAFT 2012

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Hey look at that the They Shall Not Pass DLC came out for Battlefield 1!
Hey look at that overpriced DLC for an EA game! Shocking!
But that's fine with me--they gave us a ton of free DLC, which I think more than repays the potential boredom we might suffer between now and then.
the free DLC's are awesome, and it is so much better than every other game ever because once you buy the game, you don't have to buy anything else. So, I definitley agree with you.
I think they will at least add one or two more updates that increase content before halo 6 comes out.
But that's fine with me--they gave us a ton of free DLC, which I think more than repays the potential boredom we might suffer between now and then.
the free DLC's are awesome, and it is so much better than every other game ever because once you buy the game, you don't have to buy anything else. So, I definitley agree with you.
Definitely, man. It's so much better than the old "You're missing content - head to the Xbox LIVE Marketplace to play all maps!"
I wouldn't mind a few little content released to keep things fresh, and I doubt it take very much to make a weapon skin or two so I'm not worried about it interfering with Halo 6, it'd be cool the the multiplayer crossed over so I can still use my fav skins and armors tho, or if they gave use reach style customization, other than that I'm satisfied with Halo 5, a nice forge update to finish thing off would be nice tho, as long as halo 6 builds on the core concepts that made halo 5 so enjoyable (such as full accessibility too all the content, like skins and armors, no premium content made the game feel open and more concerned with the player)
I'm pretty sure they said more content for Halo 5 is coming, but didn't say how long.
My guess is we'll see one more update, maybe two, but overall, yes, 343 is done with Halo 5 other than tweaking and making changes to the playlists to accommodate as more players leave. They'll focus more attention on Halo Wars 2 (assuming the sales are good, I don't know about that) and on the development of Halo 6 from here on out.
H5 will probably get another update, it depends on the population. They are refining it with tweaks. For the most part, they have moved onto H6. Josh's latest matchmaking update pretty much confirms this for me.
Hey look at that the They Shall Not Pass DLC came out for Battlefield 1!
Hey look at that overpriced DLC for an EA game! Shocking!
I know right. I really want it. I'm just going to wait a while for the price to drop. It should of been like $20 not $50
I honestly would enjoy a spin off game next year that gives some back story and development to Fireteam Osiris and the 3 other members of Blue Team as well as Jun.
I dont care so much about more content in game. I just wish the game ran like it did when it was still new-ish.

Halo 5 was the best connection to a shooter I ever had but then when the update and fixes to "connection problems" came I suddenly started having issues and with each fix just an increase in issues.
If I'm not mistaken, there is one more big update coming.
Where did you read this? Could you please provide me with a source, if possible?
Sir Rinder wrote:
Still haven't gotten that plasma caster lol (or the falcon, just sayin).
Which Plasma Caster? Did you mean Brute Shot?
Not sure on actual content but they've said more reqs would be coming after monitors bounty update.
Can you show me where you saw this?
I think they will at least add one or two more updates that increase content before halo 6 comes out.
Hopefully we get a Banished-themed update!
K27R wrote:
I'm totally convinced they're going to make a Halo spin off game or expansion pack, using Halo 5 as the foundation.
What makes you think that? I honestly don't know anything so I'm not doubting you. Just curious about how you came to that conclusion.
Sir Rinder wrote:
I honestly would enjoy a spin off game next year that gives some back story and development to Fireteam Osiris and the 3 other members of Blue Team as well as Jun.
I would like this too honestly. The gap between 4 and 5 is jarring. It hurts the continuity of the series.
K27R wrote:
I'm totally convinced they're going to make a Halo spin off game or expansion pack, using Halo 5 as the foundation.
What makes you think that? I honestly don't know anything so I'm not doubting you. Just curious about how you came to that conclusion.
Just seems obvious. Halo 5 is the "new" foundation for future Halo games, and because WZ and everything 343 did in Halo 5 was so precious to them, I just think its likely they'll make a spin off game using the same engine. They promised us future Halo games will have split screen, but they can't do that if they want to preserve Halo 5. So, the only obvious thing, is include a type of Spartans ops campaign that either continues or happens before the events of Halo 5.

Like the Act Man said, Halo 5 is disconnected from the other Halo games and it's story is sooooo bad, that the only way to fix it is by practically making a prequel. (I believe they could fix the story if they added 10 new missions in the campaign in between all the current missions).

Or perhaps if they were so keen, they could do what Halo CEA did by including Reach gameplay, 343 couod make a new game with a few slight tweaks but include Halo 5 multiplayer.
omarlotrc wrote:
Sir Rinder wrote:
Still haven't gotten that plasma caster lol (or the falcon, just sayin).
Which Plasma Caster? Did you mean Brute Shot?
Oops i meant the plasma launcher from Reach
K27R wrote:
K27R wrote:
Just seems obvious. Halo 5 is the "new" foundation for future Halo games, and because WZ and everything 343 did in Halo 5 was so precious to them, I just think its likely they'll make a spin off game using the same engine. They promised us future Halo games will have split screen, but they can't do that if they want to preserve Halo 5. So, the only obvious thing, is include a type of Spartans ops campaign that either continues or happens before the events of Halo 5.

Like the Act Man said, Halo 5 is disconnected from the other Halo games and it's story is sooooo bad, that the only way to fix it is by practically making a prequel. (I believe they could fix the story if they added 10 new missions in the campaign in between all the current missions).

Or perhaps if they were so keen, they could do what Halo CEA did by including Reach gameplay, 343 couod make a new game with a few slight tweaks but include Halo 5 multiplayer.
They can solve Halo's story in three words: she is rampant. Everything else is just gameplay, number of hours and level design.

If they did a spin off game I would want to see them do a Battlefield esque game where you can play as marines, aliens and Prometheans on huge organic maps and customize your dude.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3