Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is 343 going to fix Warzone bosses?

OP JDP623

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
The way it works now, is whoever gets the last hit, gets the kill. My team could do 99% of the damage with vehicles, but if someone sits on the other side of the map with a sniper or a longshot AR or something like that, they get the kill. Its horribly balanced, especially if my team is beating theirs by 100+ points. You can say all you want about how "You need to clear the area of enemies", etc etc, but when we can spawn with a sniper due to REQs (Which isnt the problem) and steal the kill, that's an issue. It'd work so much better if it were damage based. Say for the legendary bosses. 50 VP would go to whoever gets the last shot, and the last 100 VP goes to both teams based on damage percentage.

Does anyone else agree?
I disagree. It should be whoever kills said boss there arent really ways to balance that as people steal kills. Its how Halo has always been even PVP
agreed. its exactly how i bought it up the other day.

Ultimately, warzone isn't about PvP, its killing those 3 specific enemies.
JDP623 wrote:
The way it works now, is whoever gets the last hit, gets the kill. My team could do 99% of the damage with vehicles, but if someone sits on the other side of the map with a sniper or a longshot AR or something like that, they get the kill. Its horribly balanced, especially if my team is beating theirs by 100+ points. You can say all you want about how "You need to clear the area of enemies", etc etc, but when we can spawn with a sniper due to REQs (Which isnt the problem) and steal the kill, that's an issue. It'd work so much better if it were damage based. Say for the legendary bosses. 50 VP would go to whoever gets the last shot, and the last 100 VP goes to both teams based on damage percentage.

Does anyone else agree?
I agree, they already track damage dealt, easy change to make.
I also agree that it really should award points for the team that does the most damage. If your team does 99% of the damage, they should get 99% of the points. This is their first attempt at Warzone so over time this could possibly be adjusted with community feedback.
Damage percentage should equal points awarded.
One time I shot a Legendary across the map by burst firing my SMG and stole the kill for our team's win. I just laughed, left my party, and apologized because in no way was that fair.

The way it should work is:
125 points total: As your team deals damage, points are added to your score.
25 point reward: The final shot on the Legendary rewards 25 points to the team.

This way if your team does all the work, you're rewarded for spawning in like Scorpions, Mantis, and a Wraith to take down the legendary. Instead the game rewards the pooper scooper hiding in the back waiting to spam their sniper rifle into the Legendary's back.

Being able to steal a legendary kill is BS. That's why when its almost dead, I just whip out my SMG to spam it when rounds to hope I steal the kill.
Brendo123 wrote:
I disagree. It should be whoever kills said boss there arent really ways to balance that as people steal kills. Its how Halo has always been even PVP
This isn't PvP though. When you bring PvE to the table, everything can't be exactly the same or it becomes broken and unbalanced. It should really just be damage % = Points.
Erm no it's balanced as is if you wait to get the last shot on a boss it a legitimate tactic. The point in no way should be shared if you do 90% of the damage who cares the other team outsmarted you they let you do all the hard work and reap the rewards. I mean if it's done on damage what incentive would you have to kill the boss you could just do 51% of the damage then leave the boss alone and concentrate on defending only your base and capturing the enemies know full well if the enemy team now kills the boss you get the points tell me exactly how that is balance??

The idea of the game is to kill bosses and capture bases if you want to kill the bosses have team of people focus fire on the boss and a team to defend the area from enemy attackers so that you get the kill the game type is all about teamwork if you really want to win. If a sniper sits back and hits the last shot from the enemy team fair play he waited for a prime opportunity and done you over like a kipper. Should have sent out a team mate to scout for snipers etc anything is fair and goes in warzone.
I see both sides of this argument, however, it is nice as a team that is getting smashed all game to be able to take down the boss then the other team has to be a little more careful and it becomes a close game again. It definitely caters to whoever is losing.
I was thinking about solutions to this a few days ago and I think it should be which team does the most damage by % at about 10-30% of their health left, originally I just thought who ever did more damage overall but then one team could just take out 51% of the bosses health and then wait for the other team to kill it while they go and focus bases.
Brendo123 wrote:
Except this is PvPvE which Halo has never done, even Halo Reach had something similar with Firefight VS, which is basically P/EvP
I understand getting the kill but the opposite team should at least be getting an assist if they chose to help kill the AI.
I think it would be nice to see a proportion based assignment of points. Have the kill "count" for individuals based on whether they did the most overall damage vs any other individual to it, but have the points be assigned to a team based on what percentage of the kill each team got.
Nah I like it, makes you focus on controlling the field with a caveat.

The flying ones really need to be % based as anyone can hit them from just about anywhere.
I love and hate the system. Feels like moba but the snipers and ranged weapons makes it difficult.
Erm no it's balanced as is if you wait to get the last shot on a boss it a legitimate tactic. The point in no way should be shared if you do 90% of the damage who cares the other team outsmarted you they let you do all the hard work and reap the rewards. I mean if it's done on damage what incentive would you have to kill the boss you could just do 51% of the damage then leave the boss alone and concentrate on defending only your base and capturing the enemies know full well if the enemy team now kills the boss you get the points tell me exactly how that is balance??

The idea of the game is to kill bosses and capture bases if you want to kill the bosses have team of people focus fire on the boss and a team to defend the area from enemy attackers so that you get the kill the game type is all about teamwork if you really want to win. If a sniper sits back and hits the last shot from the enemy team fair play he waited for a prime opportunity and done you over like a kipper. Should have sent out a team mate to scout for snipers etc anything is fair and goes in warzone.
I agree with you 100%!! It is a legitimate tactic to let you enemy do all the work, but how about i propose you this.... At l;east put a distace on the thing! So it forces a closer firefight for the points. Lets say like a good 70 meters otherwise dasmage isnt dealt. So people cant snipe from their homebase
Archon 370 wrote:

I agree with you 100%!! It is a legitimate tactic to let you enemy do all the work, but how about i propose you this.... At l;east put a distace on the thing! So it forces a closer firefight for the points. Lets say like a good 70 meters otherwise dasmage isnt dealt. So people cant snipe from their homebase
They could put a shield up centered on the boss x big.
If it was a good size that would be pretty sweet, also look ace.
Should absolutely be done by damage dealt. When I see a new boss spawn, I have no desire to even try to get there until its getting close to death.

That is why the % should equal the payout. If your team does 51% of the damage, then when the other team kills that enemy, they still get 49% of the points. It really should give % of points for % of damage. That would work out very well and be a huge incentive to put as much damage into the boss as possible.
A shield around the boss would be ok.

Points by percentage damage dealt would be better.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3