Is 343 going to fix Warzone bosses?

OP JDP623

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Archon 370 wrote:
Erm no it's balanced as is if you wait to get the last shot on a boss it a legitimate tactic. The point in no way should be shared if you do 90% of the damage who cares the other team outsmarted you they let you do all the hard work and reap the rewards. I mean if it's done on damage what incentive would you have to kill the boss you could just do 51% of the damage then leave the boss alone and concentrate on defending only your base and capturing the enemies know full well if the enemy team now kills the boss you get the points tell me exactly how that is balance??

The idea of the game is to kill bosses and capture bases if you want to kill the bosses have team of people focus fire on the boss and a team to defend the area from enemy attackers so that you get the kill the game type is all about teamwork if you really want to win. If a sniper sits back and hits the last shot from the enemy team fair play he waited for a prime opportunity and done you over like a kipper. Should have sent out a team mate to scout for snipers etc anything is fair and goes in warzone.
I agree with you 100%!! It is a legitimate tactic to let you enemy do all the work, but how about i propose you this.... At l;east put a distace on the thing! So it forces a closer firefight for the points. Lets say like a good 70 meters otherwise dasmage isnt dealt. So people cant snipe from their homebase
I don't know about that kind of ruins the point of the sniper if it has limited range vs bosses. The game is all about tactics and using the correct items in the right situations I mean to use a sniper you need to kill an enemy who has one or have a req pack which enables it use. If you use it and saved it for the above scenario then well done you, you successfully out played and outsmarted the enemy team. A good team would scout the area and look for sniper trails etc to hunt down the sniper before he can take the boss. Lots of tactics are viable in warzone and limiting any of the would be dumb IMO.

The problem you will come across most though obviously is random team mates but if you could actually get together a team of 12 who communicate you could have some amazing warzone battles would be great if you could do something like this with spartan companies.
I agree with last point.
Archon 370 wrote:
Erm no it's balanced as is if you wait to get the last shot on a boss it a legitimate tactic. The point in no way should be shared if you do 90% of the damage who cares the other team outsmarted you they let you do all the hard work and reap the rewards. I mean if it's done on damage what incentive would you have to kill the boss you could just do 51% of the damage then leave the boss alone and concentrate on defending only your base and capturing the enemies know full well if the enemy team now kills the boss you get the points tell me exactly how that is balance??

The idea of the game is to kill bosses and capture bases if you want to kill the bosses have team of people focus fire on the boss and a team to defend the area from enemy attackers so that you get the kill the game type is all about teamwork if you really want to win. If a sniper sits back and hits the last shot from the enemy team fair play he waited for a prime opportunity and done you over like a kipper. Should have sent out a team mate to scout for snipers etc anything is fair and goes in warzone.
I agree with you 100%!! It is a legitimate tactic to let you enemy do all the work, but how about i propose you this.... At l;east put a distace on the thing! So it forces a closer firefight for the points. Lets say like a good 70 meters otherwise dasmage isnt dealt. So people cant snipe from their homebase
However, would the shield only stop damage to the boss, because they would need some way of making that apparent, don't want it to seem like you have to be in the shield to kill even enemies, that would make it too easy to keep the other team out, just flood one side and kill anyone who walks in.
I think its fine the way it is, sure it sucks when your team does all the damage on the warden and then the enemy gets the last hit and gets the points but idunno it adds to the fun for me and makes it more intense.
I can understand the frustration with doing 99% of the damage, only to lose the kill at the last second. My group had that happen multiple times last night. If they start dividing up the points to the teams doing the damage, the games will most likely last longer, which is probably why it is the way it is right now. They would need to tweak more than just the distribution of the boss points if they make this change so the matches do not last any longer than they already do.
I don't know if damage percentage would be the best way to go about it because then you'd just go back to whichever team has the best reqs would win. Especially if you consider some of the 'weaker' 150 point bosses, like the banshee. One person with a Spartan Laser or Sniper would guarantee their team the kill. It would also give you less reason to try to kill enemies that are going for bosses, as while you're ignoring the boss they're doing enough damage to get points.
I disagree. It should stay the way it is. you need to be aware of the enemy around you. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, if you didn't kill it you should get the credit.
I disagree. It should stay the way it is. you need to be aware of the enemy around you. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, if you didn't kill it you should get the credit.
Being aware of the enemy around you isn't a great argument though since so many bosses are out in the open. On the snow map it's a bit more feasible to 'lock out' out the enemy. The first boss is in a building and Warden Eternal is in a side path. On Apex 7, any 150 point boss kill could be stolen by some guy with a Sniper or Laser.
Without question it should be damage dealt, lost 3 games last night in warzone when my team took out at least 90% of the 150 point bosses and then the other team rolls in the last second and gets all the credit. It should be completely % based points from bosses.
You people need to learn to prioritize the other team over the boss...
You have to fight the other team off the boss before you try to whittle down the boss's health , otherwise its just a coin toss that'll decide which team kills the boss.
this is actually the mechanic covering how all things are killed everywhere. If someone else shoots a spartan, and you fire the last round, you get a kill, they get an assist. If you punch a co-worker, and they get hit by a bus, the bus gets the kill. If someone kicks your dog, and someone else runs it over, the car gets the kill. Turns out the thing that actually does the killing ends up getting the kill.
You people need to learn to prioritize the other team over the boss...
You have to fight the other team off the boss before you try to whittle down the boss's health , otherwise its just a coin toss that'll decide which team kills the boss.
This is a good idea. I snipe the enemy to reduce their DPS on the boss and reduce their odds of getting the last shot. When I don't see any, I put shots on the boss.

I have had games in which blue and red team members are literally standing side by side shooting the final 150 point boss. Hilarious!

It is tricky with bosses that are basically in spots where they can be seen from most angles of the map.
I love seeing a player run right past me while he's unloading into the sky, to try and kill the boss, but I also hate to see my team watch a ghost ride past everyone and right up to the boss to take out the last of the bosses health in a few seconds. There should be more strategic blocking of the bosses like in the tunnels of the snow and dirt levels. or almost the large wall structure for the beach.
It'd be more fair to have it so what team causes the most damage gets the kill.
Agreed.
It is very frustrating when a boss kill gets stolen and it may seem unfair but what people arent thinking about is the fact that, sure the enemy team has the ability to steal your kill...but so does your team. Everyone can do it. Stratigize with your team, take control of the boss area and dont give the enemy the option. Or take advantage of a "weakened by the enemy" boss and steal the kill. Its set up to be this way and they arent going to change it.

"If it aint broke, dont fix it."
Prefer as is.

Percentage based points would not make the boss a big deal anymore since the team can just plunker down 40% damage and walk away knowing that they have almost half the points secured for a win.

Most damage done to get the kill would mean that any team who has the huge advantage can also do large amounts of work and not need to kill it but that would also mean the team who has not touched it at all would not even bother after the 51% since they get no points either.

Of all the three methods the one currently implemented is the most feasible as it draws both teams in to go head to head while attempting to score the kill.
I kindly disagree. Its a fire team of 12 so communication and role playing is key. There are a lot of leaders in war zone but not enough troops. Three Spartans work on the boss, three cover your back while damaging the boss, three capture locations and three cover those Spartans in the field for assistance. This is just a suggestion and again, communication wins the war. If you get beat to the final bullet/punch its just the way war goes. Capture all locations to expose enemies core is a good way to deal damage as well. You force the team to draw away from the bosses and defend HQ.
I see both sides of this argument, however, it is nice as a team that is getting smashed all game to be able to take down the boss then the other team has to be a little more careful and it becomes a close game again. It definitely caters to whoever is losing.
Except it caters to the winners. Because the winners are usually higher Req and have tanks everywhere.
if we're still going to make this big of an issue about it why not this since I believe damage percentage is still unfair. If you don't lock down the area or someone is resourceful enough to time the shot right they deserve it.

Make 50% of the points the damage dealt and make 50% the kill itself. That way if your team does most of the damage you keep the point split relatively close.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3