Is 343 going to fix Warzone bosses?

OP JDP623

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
JDP623 wrote:
The way it works now, is whoever gets the last hit, gets the kill. My team could do 99% of the damage with vehicles, but if someone sits on the other side of the map with a sniper or a longshot AR or something like that, they get the kill. Its horribly balanced, especially if my team is beating theirs by 100+ points. You can say all you want about how "You need to clear the area of enemies", etc etc, but when we can spawn with a sniper due to REQs (Which isnt the problem) and steal the kill, that's an issue. It'd work so much better if it were damage based. Say for the legendary bosses. 50 VP would go to whoever gets the last shot, and the last 100 VP goes to both teams based on damage percentage.

Does anyone else agree?
I agree, they already track damage dealt, easy change to make.
Exactly. If Battlefield can do it, Halo can do it pretty easily.
Brendo123 wrote:
I disagree. It should be whoever kills said boss there arent really ways to balance that as people steal kills. Its how Halo has always been even PVP
I agree it makes it really fun and exciting to try and kill the boss before the other team....Here is food for thought, have 2 or 3 players kill the other players while they are focusing on the boss and make sure you get a tank or banshee when the boss is about to die. And I agree people steel kills, don't be mad just do it back.
OUTCold42 wrote:
Brendo123 wrote:
I disagree. It should be whoever kills said boss there arent really ways to balance that as people steal kills. Its how Halo has always been even PVP
I agree it makes it really fun and exciting to try and kill the boss before the other team....Here is food for thought, have 2 or 3 players kill the other players while they are focusing on the boss and make sure you get a tank or banshee when the boss is about to die. And I agree people steel kills, don't be mad just do it back.
You cant really do anything about someone spawning in and firing from the spawn kill stealing.

It promotes unbalanced randomness that makes teams that should win lose and teams that are getti thrashed randomly make comebacks which they shouldnt have, all for the sake of a gimmick and a failed attempt to encourage teamwork.
I support the idea of only the final blow counting for the team's score. Boss fights should have a level of strategy, aside from dishing out quick damage. I believe that a boss fight that involves two teams should involve enemy awareness and map control. This allows loosing team a chance to strategize on how to turn the game. For example, they could choose to clean up the boss attackers, or infiltrate an enemy base and control spawn points.
Rokutashi wrote:
I support the idea of only the final blow counting for the team's score. Boss fights should have a level of strategy, aside from dishing out quick damage. I believe that a boss fight that involves two teams should involve enemy awareness and map control. This allows loosing team a chance to strategize on how to turn the game. For example, they could choose to clean up the boss attackers, or infiltrate an enemy base and control spawn points.
I would agree, except with the way it is currently, the enemy team could stay well away from the fight and just wait for the boss to get low on health, and then snipe it with pistols. There's no map control or enemy awareness involved right now. I've literally had my entire team fighting a boss only to have the kill stolen by enemies who are so far away we can't even see them.
Edit: Sorry. This is a double post. Please ignore.
Something needs to be done. As the boss's health gets low everyone just starts frantically shooting at it hoping to get lucky. It's not skill, it's a lottery.

I don't play games to flip a coin to see who wins, that's how Warzone is decided right now.
I'm easy. I don't mind what way this would turn now that there is feedback. It would be interesting to see it change and then watch the results per game and see what happens with the boss fights.
You have a point the same thing always happens to me.
Accio Beer wrote:
Damage percentage should equal points awarded.
Second this...
Erm no it's balanced as is if you wait to get the last shot on a boss it a legitimate tactic. The point in no way should be shared if you do 90% of the damage who cares the other team outsmarted you they let you do all the hard work and reap the rewards. I mean if it's done on damage what incentive would you have to kill the boss you could just do 51% of the damage then leave the boss alone and concentrate on defending only your base and capturing the enemies know full well if the enemy team now kills the boss you get the points tell me exactly how that is balance??

The idea of the game is to kill bosses and capture bases if you want to kill the bosses have team of people focus fire on the boss and a team to defend the area from enemy attackers so that you get the kill the game type is all about teamwork if you really want to win. If a sniper sits back and hits the last shot from the enemy team fair play he waited for a prime opportunity and done you over like a kipper. Should have sent out a team mate to scout for snipers etc anything is fair and goes in warzone.
First of all, have your ever heard of a period or a comma? Reading your post is very difficult. Secondly, that's just a poor argument. For one, if one team does 51% of the damage, they'd only get 51% of the points. Im not saying whoever does the most damage gets the kill. Points should be rewarded proportionately to damage dealt. And how is it outsmarting them? You cant scout for snipers, its just unfair. When the legendary boss spawns on the snow map, i could spawn with a sniper and take the last shot, all from my home base in the back of the map, all within 15 seconds. You cant prevent that. Its just unfair.
PerdySavvy wrote:
I see both sides of this argument, however, it is nice as a team that is getting smashed all game to be able to take down the boss then the other team has to be a little more careful and it becomes a close game again. It definitely caters to whoever is losing.
But its not fair in a game thats close. If the teams are 900-875, and both teams work at the Warden, that would be a fair win. But if one teams 980 and the other is 850, and they have one player who steals the legendary banshee kill from the back of the map with a sniper, thats just a poor game
I disagree. It should stay the way it is. you need to be aware of the enemy around you. It doesn't matter how much damage you do, if you didn't kill it you should get the credit.
So youre saying that i should be able to spawn in my home base and camp with a br, and at the last second shoot a banshee and score my team 150 points because that doesnt seem very fair to me.
Erm no it's balanced as is if you wait to get the last shot on a boss it a legitimate tactic. The point in no way should be shared if you do 90% of the damage who cares the other team outsmarted you they let you do all the hard work and reap the rewards. I mean if it's done on damage what incentive would you have to kill the boss you could just do 51% of the damage then leave the boss alone and concentrate on defending only your base and capturing the enemies know full well if the enemy team now kills the boss you get the points tell me exactly how that is balance??

The idea of the game is to kill bosses and capture bases if you want to kill the bosses have team of people focus fire on the boss and a team to defend the area from enemy attackers so that you get the kill the game type is all about teamwork if you really want to win. If a sniper sits back and hits the last shot from the enemy team fair play he waited for a prime opportunity and done you over like a kipper. Should have sent out a team mate to scout for snipers etc anything is fair and goes in warzone.
This guy gets it
Prefer as is.

Percentage based points would not make the boss a big deal anymore since the team can just plunker down 40% damage and walk away knowing that they have almost half the points secured for a win.

Most damage done to get the kill would mean that any team who has the huge advantage can also do large amounts of work and not need to kill it but that would also mean the team who has not touched it at all would not even bother after the 51% since they get no points either.

Of all the three methods the one currently implemented is the most feasible as it draws both teams in to go head to head while attempting to score the kill.
Except that nobdy would do that in a close game. Some games ive played, have been won or lost by 10 points. Every point matters. Plus, the way i said, the one with the ast blow still gets 50 points, and 100 points are based on damage %
JDP623 wrote:
Prefer as is.

Percentage based points would not make the boss a big deal anymore since the team can just plunker down 40% damage and walk away knowing that they have almost half the points secured for a win.

Most damage done to get the kill would mean that any team who has the huge advantage can also do large amounts of work and not need to kill it but that would also mean the team who has not touched it at all would not even bother after the 51% since they get no points either.

Of all the three methods the one currently implemented is the most feasible as it draws both teams in to go head to head while attempting to score the kill.
Except that nobdy would do that in a close game. Some games ive played, have been won or lost by 10 points. Every point matters. Plus, the way i said, the one with the ast blow still gets 50 points, and 100 points are based on damage %
So. If your team does 70% of the damage but didn't get the kill you would get 70 points. The other team would get 80.

I for one enjoy the way it is. When Legendary bosses are out I just go kill the other team.
Maybe we can have it that you can only deal damage from a certain distance? So someone across the map won't actually be able to damage the boss?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3