Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Anyone Buying Xbox One X Just For Halo 5 In 4K?

OP MagnusFarseeR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 28
LethalQ wrote:
As much as a massive Halo fan you guys know I am you think I would be, especially since my Xbox one broke, but the answer is no. Now as amazing as it might look H5 just isn't good enough for me to shell out that kind of money. I am more excited for the LA Noire in 4k. But I want to see gaming in 4k with my own eyes in person before making a decision. Also I am building a Baja Bradley GT2 so a lot of my money is taken.

Edit:. Now if they say they are making H2A or maybe even H3, in 4k as a stand alone game with way more multiplayer maps and playlist then it's .... Shut up and take my money... But we all know that won't happen.
Halo MCC is getting a 4k update, and yes, that includes Halo 3 in 4k full maxed out graphics and whatever else added to the mix. Same goes for Halo 1 Anniversary, and Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo 4. All in 4k 60fps.
No new maps, but this update is also including a fixed multiplayer, better selections, and hopefully customize-able armor across all games. You did say you'd buy one for this, so well here you go. Go and buy one now. The update is coming sometime next year btw.
My answer: no. I'm almost done with Halo 5 completely. Depending on how Halo 6 is, which I really pray it will be incredible, I might buy the Xbox One X for that. But not Halo 5.
No. But I will buy it for Halo 6, almost without doubt. I bought the 360 for Halo 2, and the One for Halo 4. Won't be missing the next title just because I don't have the console.
Nighterlev wrote:
Halo MCC is getting fixed sometime next year before Halo 6 even gets released
I think a better term might be 'playable' instead of fixed, but even that is still up in the air since we don't know exactly what they're going to try and fix.

If they want to fix it, then they should take a look at look at this site.

http://www.halobugs.com/
Nighterlev Thanks for the feedback and I'm glad you have found a way to have such a positive relationship with these groups.
I've still yet to find a great way to get feedback about game play and other issues I have with the game. Like I said, it's been years since I've played and there's little to no content from 343i about how things work. If I had never played halo before I'd be so lost in what does what and why. The forums help a little, but that means loads of digging around and not really finding clear and simple answers to questions. Lately I have questions about basic functions in Forge, just definitions or ways to solve glitches. No support. They've even stopped replying to the Forge forum page and when you ask a Forge question in a general forum they lock your page and tell you what you did was wrong without offering any kind of support. That's cool they've added lots of fan stuff and they're fixing MCC but without knowing how to use the product I'm stuck wanting to buy more of it.
Nighterlev wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
As much as a massive Halo fan you guys know I am you think I would be, especially since my Xbox one broke, but the answer is no. Now as amazing as it might look H5 just isn't good enough for me to shell out that kind of money. I am more excited for the LA Noire in 4k. But I want to see gaming in 4k with my own eyes in person before making a decision. Also I am building a Baja Bradley GT2 so a lot of my money is taken.

Edit:. Now if they say they are making H2A or maybe even H3, in 4k as a stand alone game with way more multiplayer maps and playlist then it's .... Shut up and take my money... But we all know that won't happen.
Halo MCC is getting a 4k update, and yes, that includes Halo 3 in 4k full maxed out graphics and whatever else added to the mix. Same goes for Halo 1 Anniversary, and Halo 2 Anniversary, and Halo 4. All in 4k 60fps.
No new maps, but this update is also including a fixed multiplayer, better selections, and hopefully customize-able armor across all games. You did say you'd buy one for this, so well here you go. Go and buy one now. The update is coming sometime next year btw.
Why would I buy one now for an update that won't get here till 2018? Notice how they didn't really specify when in 2018 and what the update will truly entail? Still going to wait for now. Maybe I will get the xbox one x if they do some sort of Halo 6 bundle with it. My Xbox one started working again so not in a hurry to get a new system. Unless if the LA Noire remaster just blows me out of the water but I haven't seen any Xbox one X game play anywhere with my own eyes. Pretty disappointing no stores any where has a Xbox one X with a 4k tv set up any where. All I see is the same generic video that says it's in game footage... But I still want to see the One X in action.
I have nine Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Nighterlev wrote:
Halo MCC is getting fixed sometime next year before Halo 6 even gets released
I think a better term might be 'playable' instead of fixed, but even that is still up in the air since we don't know exactly what they're going to try and fix.

If they want to fix it, then they should take a look at look at this site.

http://www.halobugs.com/
MCC has been working, well for me at least, for a long time. It's population that is the main problem as it took them way to long to get the game to work and most long gave up on it. Also even after the "fix" comes out odds are the players won't come back to it. It's multiplayer is to limited and most seem to really really hate cross game playlist.
I have nine Platinum packs... If we match in a game send me a quick message in game saying I see you or something (so I can verify we did match) and a friend request so I can gift you a pack. You don't have to keep me as a "friend" as I am a solo player.
If the fix all the existing bugs in Forge I will.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not create alternate accounts to bypass forum bans. Alternate accounts will be permanently banned, and offending users will be subject to both temporary and permanent bans.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
As a fellow PC player I reccomend instead using the money to get a intel i7 7700k from new egg. its on sale and include assassins creed origins and total war warhammer 2
I bought it not just for Halo 5 but also because AAA games will look so much better on it. Halo 5 looks great on the 1X, especially Warzone.
I personally would, but there is no need for me too do it. My father was one of the 300 people to test the prototype X-box One X, and he got to keep it. I have yet to try playing Halo 5 on it, but I will definitely consider it.
Honestly thinking if it. Halo is one of the only Xbox game I play nowadays. But I've really been tempted to get the new Xbox One X purely for Halo. Halo was the only reason I got an Xbox One back when MCC release.
I would, but I'm broke...
It's sweet allright, but no, I'll wait for H6, unless they offer one with an SSD.
Hows that SSD working for you thus far?
Working pretty well!
That's good to hear. I am going to buy an external SSD and if that fixes my problem I may just -Yoink- myself! lol.. For some odd reason the game will slow down or stutter. It just plays off. And something tells me the internal hard drive is the issue. But either way you cant beat the speed of a SSD. I was going to ask you what brand did you buy? Thanks!
I have the Xbox One X, I love Halo 5 in 4k UHD. I so wish it was HDR 😢 why is it not in Halo 5 please oh please add HDR support.
If the H6 is only on the XBOX X then I guess I will be buying a new console. I know they are a business but having to buy a new console almost every time a new Halo game comes out is very annoying.
Yes and no. Getting a 4k tv and xb1x this black friday. Partially due to Halo 5!
Even though I did not buy Xone X for Halo 5, I am excited to play MCC witht the 4k update. Better have HDR though.
I bought an xbox one to make my graphics be in 4k
but I don't have a 4k tv
Why aren't my graphics any better?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 10
  4. 11
  5. 12
  6. 13
  7. 14
  8. ...
  9. 28