Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is Anyone Buying Xbox One X Just For Halo 5 In 4K?

OP MagnusFarseeR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 29
I bought my Xbox One X specifically for Halo 5. I too am mostly a PC gamer, but my PC couldn't handle 4k graphics.... I mostly used it just for League of Legends, and Smite. So when the news came out for the 4k graphics compability with Halo 5 I jumped right on the opportunity. I sold my Xbox One, and got the X. I am very impressed with the graphics and think it is incredibly worth it.
I'm holding off for the eventual Halo 6 Bundle.
I want to get the One X, but not solely for Halo 5, but rather for every game I have on it that have the enhancements. It's more of an investment for me.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
I am primarily a PC gamer on Steam/non Steam games, main games I play on PC are Planetside 2, Total War mods, Star Trek Online and Star Wars Battlefront.
I only got Xbox One because I really like Halo and Gears of War games along with Forza 6. It was worth it in the end since I have 1000+ hours played on Xbox One and Halo 5, Halo MCC and Forza 6 the games I played on it will never be on PC.

Now all Xbox One exclusives will be on windows rendering my need for a console useless when I can have superior PC 4k. Still, Halo 6 won't be out until Late 2018 or Late 2019, that is more than another year with Halo 5 and I really like Halo 5, my favorite Halo game of all time, no other Halo game has had more content, Warzone game mode feels like a new massive game add on to it. I don't know how I will cope playing Halo 6 on Windows, I was horrible at the game playing with mouse and keyboard on Halo 5: Forge. Goes to show how dumbed down you become sticking to FPS game franchise playing with a controller, it requires more skill , aiming precision and faster reflexes playing mouse/keyboard for a FPS, I don't know if I could ever get used to Halo with mouse and keyboard since I have been playing it since Halo 1 on Xbox and every game since with a controller.

The graphics and Dynamic resolution with it I didn't like so I am really gonna drop 500$ USD just to buy Xbox One X for Halo 5. Is anyone doing the same? Graphics are important to me and I would love to see a native 4k Halo 5 at 60fps or at least close to 4k with no Dynamic Resolution trash.
I have several thousand games on Steam now, 99% of which have never been touched
But my new Xbox One Scorpio can be on all day in 4K HDR silky smooth smarty home buttery and it’s so quiet you would even know it’s on....

my advice get one
since, getting one my poor PS4 pro and Destiny 2 with today’s dlc couldn’t even get me to play it

halo + Scorpio = win win win 😀
Me Halo 5 and Halo Wars 2
Dear Spartans/friends:
I have the Xbox One S and Xbox One X Scorpion Edition.
The X is better, trust me!!
Thanks 😇
I'm not. I think it's a waste sinceit just amps up the graphics a bit. so I would stick with regual one or one s
i think its a big waste to play 1 game
*love the game not the fame* i played with two long time xbl bros and friends today who bought an xbox one x and they really love the fame like i do since the start and they hadnt played halo five for so long and they were hyped to play halo five againg but wait ... No lobbys for us so we canceled the session and they hoped on to other games and i went offline
I bought the One X pretty much just to play halo in 4k. Worth it.
It's taking forever to transfer all my data from my One to my One X. Hopefully today after work I can actually start playing it.
pray

What will I play first?...
Spoiler:
Show
No
I don't see why not, You're also enhancing other games and it all around runs better then the base Xbox One.
In my book it's a good deal
Chimera30 wrote:
It's taking forever to transfer all my data from my One to my One X. Hopefully today after work I can actually start playing it.

Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5. Halo 5. Halo 5.
RollCats wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5. Halo 5. Halo 5.
Nope. It won’t be that, nor will it be Destiny 1.
Chimera30 wrote:
RollCats wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:

Spoiler:
Show
Halo 5. Halo 5. Halo 5.
Nope. It won’t be that, nor will it be Destiny 1.
you make my heart sad
Nope! I'll wait till Halo 6 comes out and then buy the Xbox 1 X plus or what ever comes out after that.
bought for more than just halo 5
That would be a waste of money if you just bought a new $500 box just for that. It ain't worth it.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 29