Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is Anyone Buying Xbox One X Just For Halo 5 In 4K?

OP MagnusFarseeR

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 29
I am primarily a PC gamer on Steam/non Steam games, main games I play on PC are Planetside 2, Total War mods, Star Trek Online and Star Wars Battlefront.
I only got Xbox One because I really like Halo and Gears of War games along with Forza 6. It was worth it in the end since I have 1000+ hours played on Xbox One and Halo 5, Halo MCC and Forza 6 the games I played on it will never be on PC.

Now all Xbox One exclusives will be on windows rendering my need for a console useless when I can have superior PC 4k. Still, Halo 6 won't be out until Late 2018 or Late 2019, that is more than another year with Halo 5 and I really like Halo 5, my favorite Halo game of all time, no other Halo game has had more content, Warzone game mode feels like a new massive game add on to it. I don't know how I will cope playing Halo 6 on Windows, I was horrible at the game playing with mouse and keyboard on Halo 5: Forge. Goes to show how dumbed down you become sticking to FPS game franchise playing with a controller, it requires more skill , aiming precision and faster reflexes playing mouse/keyboard for a FPS, I don't know if I could ever get used to Halo with mouse and keyboard since I have been playing it since Halo 1 on Xbox and every game since with a controller.

The graphics and Dynamic resolution with it I didn't like so I am really gonna drop 500$ USD just to buy Xbox One X for Halo 5. Is anyone doing the same? Graphics are important to me and I would love to see a native 4k Halo 5 at 60fps or at least close to 4k with no Dynamic Resolution trash.
So was it worth it?
Ive been very tempted too. I a good opportunity or deal come along then i might but for now I'm ok
While I wouldn't pay £450 or more to play a game at a higher resolution, I would for the other games and benefits once 4k HDR tvs become a norm and the Xbox one X becomes cheaper for me. While it is a great rivalry against PC gaming and the PlayStation Pro I won't personally pay for it just yet.
Just no.
I only Bought the Xbox One to play Halo 5 And honestly it wasnt what i thought it was going to be....But to fork out another several hundred dollars to see a slight increase in graphics is not economically viable. That said, if the Halo 6 is only available on ONE X ill probably get it. Thats going to get some fans on the back foot as only one halo release on Xbone, I hope not. but, MONEY right, MONEY.
I would wait a while as I need to get 4K TV and when Halo 6 starts gearing up for release, I will get Xbox One X then as seems that where deals will be at.
No ... same thing ... just looks better ... its nothing new like a talking xbox thats make you breakfast in bed LOL
A lot of people have been having the same problem with the mouse on PC, go into the keyboard/mouse settings and turn raw inputs on and turn acceleration off and to the "1" option on the slider. It will make it feel more like it was meant for PC. Just an idea, let me know if it helps you.
It would be worth it if it was an enhanced experience, but it's just graphics. Now if I could search expanded and not get laggers than the new xbox would be worth considering for me.
I am primarily a PC gamer on Steam/non Steam games, main games I play on PC are Planetside 2, Total War mods, Star Trek Online and Star Wars Battlefront.
I only got Xbox One because I really like Halo and Gears of War games along with Forza 6. It was worth it in the end since I have 1000+ hours played on Xbox One and Halo 5, Halo MCC and Forza 6 the games I played on it will never be on PC.

Now all Xbox One exclusives will be on windows rendering my need for a console useless when I can have superior PC 4k. Still, Halo 6 won't be out until Late 2018 or Late 2019, that is more than another year with Halo 5 and I really like Halo 5, my favorite Halo game of all time, no other Halo game has had more content, Warzone game mode feels like a new massive game add on to it. I don't know how I will cope playing Halo 6 on Windows, I was horrible at the game playing with mouse and keyboard on Halo 5: Forge. Goes to show how dumbed down you become sticking to FPS game franchise playing with a controller, it requires more skill , aiming precision and faster reflexes playing mouse/keyboard for a FPS, I don't know if I could ever get used to Halo with mouse and keyboard since I have been playing it since Halo 1 on Xbox and every game since with a controller.

The graphics and Dynamic resolution with it I didn't like so I am really gonna drop 500$ USD just to buy Xbox One X for Halo 5. Is anyone doing the same? Graphics are important to me and I would love to see a native 4k Halo 5 at 60fps or at least close to 4k with no Dynamic Resolution trash.
I play halo 5 forge maps on my windows pc all the time with my elite controller. Works great and still has the custom button layout. Have to plug it into usb port. No need at all to use keyboard and mouse. That would suck real bad. Halo actually plays great on my pavilion laptop. Use it when my main tv is in use.
I only Bought the Xbox One to play Halo 5 And honestly it wasnt what i thought it was going to be....But to fork out another several hundred dollars to see a slight increase in graphics is not economically viable. That said, if the Halo 6 is only available on ONE X ill probably get it. Thats going to get some fans on the back foot as only one halo release on Xbone, I hope not. but, MONEY right, MONEY.
I can tell you for certain the graphical improvement is much more then slight. Halo 5 looks sick on the one x and I'm coming from a one s. Halo 5 on one x surprised me by how good it looks. Wish the hdd was bigger then 1tb. That is just ridicules.
MIKEW9788 wrote:

I play halo 5 forge maps on my windows pc all the time with my elite controller. Works great and still has the custom button layout. Have to plug it into usb port. No need at all to use keyboard and mouse. That would suck real bad. Halo actually plays great on my pavilion laptop. Use it when my main tv is in use.
It does, with the movement nonsense. The original Halo games without the movement garbage work rather well, to be honest. Almost better, as FPS is a lot better on PC (precision aiming is better with a mouse than a stick)
MIKEW9788 wrote:
I can tell you for certain the graphical improvement is much more then slight. Halo 5 looks sick on the one x and I'm coming from a one s. Halo 5 on one x surprised me by how good it looks. Wish the hdd was bigger then 1tb. That is just ridicules.
Without a 4K TV the improvement will be slight as my HD 1366x768 32" TV would not be able to render any higher. As for HDD get an external USB powered 2 or 3 Tb HDD. I dont think its worth it. My Opinion Only. If i Was to get an Xbone X I'd need a better TV, sooo more hundreds of dollars.
I'll eventually get it but not for Halo 5. I might wait to see if they bundle it with Halo 6
I just wanted to say again how good the Scorpio is.
Its so quiet you forget it’s even on, and that’s after hours of playing in 60fps, 4K HDR

And 343 Industries and it’s employees, thank you
I logged in yesterday to take on mythic Warzone and you’d given me a mega rec thingy, and it gave me loads of really good stuff. So many thanks again.
Have a good Christmass and a Happy New Year.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
Without a 4K TV the improvement will be slight as my HD 1366x768 32" TV would not be able to render any higher. As for HDD get an external USB powered 2 or 3 Tb HDD. I dont think its worth it. My Opinion Only. If i Was to get an Xbone X I'd need a better TV, sooo more hundreds of dollars.
Your absolutely right. You do need a good tv to see the difference. Look for good hdr performance and low input lag. I have a Samsung ks8000. Great hdr and super low input lag for a tv. I've seen in reports it's from 18-21 milliseconds in game mode. Hdr works in game mode. This tv can be had at a great price if you can find it as it is a 2016 model. It actually outspecs the 2017 model in some areas. It's also a 120hz native panel. Don't buy the hype about crazy motion rates as no tv is higher then 120hz but a lot are only 60. . The rest is software nonsense.no such thing as 240. I turned off all motion processing in all modes I use the tv in and it is awsome. If you leave it on you get soap opera effect which drives me nuts. Look for those key specs when you get a new set and you will be very happy. Good luck man.
no because i know halo 5 campaign sucks
You need infinitely fast Internet to download the games, thats what I hear
I am not going to buy the Xbox one x because I love halo like it is now
Why would anyone really need 4k for Halo5? You need a new TV typically to go along with the Xbox that supports 4K. I've seen the difference in pixelation, but when are you really going to sit 40 feet from your TV?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 16
  4. 17
  5. 18
  6. 19
  7. 20
  8. ...
  9. 29