Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is energy sword a one hit kill?

OP MIKEW9788

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
In infection I have three game clips where I hit the last man standing and it does not kill him. Three just today. Is this how it should be? Not just today either. Makes the game real frustrating. And no they are not killing me at the last second either. These are all clean hits with red reticle.
Make that 4. Just happened again. What is the point of this if it's not going to work?
(moved to Halo 5 Guardians subforum, as this was not a support issue)
In infection, the sword strike is less powerful for balancing purposes. It always takes two hits from the front to kill a full-health survivor. If they've taken enough damage from somewhere else, 1 hit may be enough. Hits from the back are still insta-kills, though. This system is in place to give the survivors a fighting chance when there are lots of zombies.

The 2-hit kill system in Infection really solidifies the need to swarm when you are the Infected. Going in alone against the Last Man Standing is foolhardy as they have infinite ammo and can eat one hit without dying.
I did not know that. Makes sense now. Thanks for quick reply. Thought I was having connection or other issues.
It’s one hit kill but for infection the last man has an overshield so it takes 2 hits to kill him or 1 hit from the back.
Chimera30 wrote:
(moved to Halo 5 Guardians subforum, as this was not a support issue)
In infection, the sword strike is less powerful for balancing purposes. It always takes two hits from the front to kill a full-health survivor. If they've taken enough damage from somewhere else, 1 hit may be enough. Hits from the back are still insta-kills, though. This system is in place to give the survivors a fighting chance when there are lots of zombies.

The 2-hit kill system in Infection really solidifies the need to swarm when you are the Infected. Going in alone against the Last Man Standing is foolhardy as they have infinite ammo and can eat one hit without dying.
Huh though I haven’t played infection since it came out I thought it was 1 kill until last man came and it was 2 hit for him. Did they recently changed that it’s been like that since early halo titles when it first came out.
It’s one hit kill but for infection the last man has an overshield so it takes 2 hits to kill him or 1 hit from the back.
I was going to say that Infection usually takes more than one hit for the last man standing.
Chimera30 wrote:
(moved to Halo 5 Guardians subforum, as this was not a support issue)
In infection, the sword strike is less powerful for balancing purposes. It always takes two hits from the front to kill a full-health survivor. If they've taken enough damage from somewhere else, 1 hit may be enough. Hits from the back are still insta-kills, though. This system is in place to give the survivors a fighting chance when there are lots of zombies.

The 2-hit kill system in Infection really solidifies the need to swarm when you are the Infected. Going in alone against the Last Man Standing is foolhardy as they have infinite ammo and can eat one hit without dying.
Huh though I haven’t played infection since it came out I thought it was 1 kill until last man came and it was 2 hit for him. Did they recently changed that it’s been like that since early halo titles when it first came out.
Honestly it's been forever since I played Halo 5, but I at least know for sure Last Man Standing takes two hits. Normal survivors could take one, I can't remember.
Chimera30 wrote:
Chimera30 wrote:
(moved to Halo 5 Guardians subforum, as this was not a support issue)
In infection, the sword strike is less powerful for balancing purposes. It always takes two hits from the front to kill a full-health survivor. If they've taken enough damage from somewhere else, 1 hit may be enough. Hits from the back are still insta-kills, though. This system is in place to give the survivors a fighting chance when there are lots of zombies.

The 2-hit kill system in Infection really solidifies the need to swarm when you are the Infected. Going in alone against the Last Man Standing is foolhardy as they have infinite ammo and can eat one hit without dying.
Huh though I haven’t played infection since it came out I thought it was 1 kill until last man came and it was 2 hit for him. Did they recently changed that it’s been like that since early halo titles when it first came out.
Honestly it's been forever since I played Halo 5, but I at least know for sure Last Man Standing takes two hits. Normal survivors could take one, I can't remember.
Can confirm for you; normal survivors go down after one Sword hit, and the last survivor needs two to be taken down.
That what messed me up. I knew it was one hit and I could not figure out why I was not getting the last man standing even with a clean red reticle hit. Never even relized it when im the last man standing. Doesent feel like it takes two hits then.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
In infection I have three game clips where I hit the last man standing and it does not kill him. Three just today. Is this how it should be? Not just today either. Makes the game real frustrating. And no they are not killing me at the last second either. These are all clean hits with red reticle.
Make that 4. Just happened again. What is the point of this if it's not going to work?
I think it depends on how the game is handling on the day. I've seen some days where the hit detection is so bad that someone can take nearly 5 hits from the front to kill 1 person using a basic Elite Sword, yet take no damage from the back. Noticed this in both Infection, Castle Wars playlist.
MIKEW9788 wrote:
That what messed me up. I knew it was one hit and I could not figure out why I was not getting the last man standing even with a clean red reticle hit. Never even relized it when im the last man standing. Doesent feel like it takes two hits then.
Last Man Standing is strong enough to withstand one hit before you go down. But if they hit you from behind, you'll be downed instantly.
It’s one hit kill but for infection the last man has an overshield so it takes 2 hits to kill him or 1 hit from the back.
This man speaks the truth
Energy sword might be a one hit kill depending on the health of the enemy or how you hit them, like spartan charge
It is a one hit kill in infection
  1. One hit kill if the enemy's armor is almost down
  2. One hit depending on the type of energy sword like Ravening Silver or Prophet's bannish
  1. One hit kill if the enemy's armor is almost down
  2. One hit depending on the type of energy sword like Ravening Silver or Prophet's bannish
Please try to refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to multiple people in a single post.
  1. One hit kill if the enemy's armor is almost down
  2. One hit depending on the type of energy sword like Ravening Silver or Prophet's bannish
Please try to refrain from posting multiple times in a row. You can edit your posts to add information and respond to multiple people in a single post.
Sorry about that.
Always swing at their back. Overshield doesn't matter if you get that assassination.
Always swing at their back. Overshield doesn't matter if you get that assassination.
Yeah
You'll see it in Castle Wars CTF also. Remember to use smart link. Aim and strike and you'll do moor damage with longer lunge
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2