Is Halo 5 a rushed game?

OP UrCasualGamer

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11
Is halo 5 a rushed game to you? Halo 5 is clearly a victim of rushed development and I want to see what everyone thinks are a sign of rushed development for a game wich one of does transfers to halo 5. I gonna write the signs that I noticed that halo 5 was rushed (feel free to disagree if you need to):
1. Breakout being pushed to the side: Remember back pre-halo 5 launch how the mode was announced to be the new pro gamemode? Well once halo 5 launched it didn't receive any attention at all minus the community made maps. Now it's unranked and that actually made me sad because I got a diamond in that mode and I felt proud.

2.Theater mode being broken: Well -Yoink- almost a year into halo 5 life cycle and theater mode is still broken. How can you release a game with a mode being completely broken with a 3 year development cycle?

3. Campaign: I already expressed my opinion about the story so I'm not gonna gl into that but there are other stuff like campaign scoring. Why did the MCC had it yet when h5 launched it didn't? The cutscenes are also weird to in how they fade out all of a sudden.

4. Lack of content: Come on guys you knew this was coming! No forge at launch, no assult, no infection, no koth, no forge, no action sack, no btb, no forge, and no grifball. Did I say no forge?

It is very clear that halo 5 came way too early and was rushed. Leave your opinion down below and thanks for reading.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.

*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The campaign wasn't rushed at all, the problem was the lack of cohesion and understanding between the writing team, narrative design team, and the marketing team. I've heard plenty of reasons, everything from rewrites to losing members, but the story's problems aren't necessarily tied to any time constraints.
SpitFlame wrote:
The campaign wasn't rushed at all, the problem was the lack of cohesion and understanding between the writing team, narrative design team, and the marketing team. I've heard plenty of reasons, everything from rewrites to losing members, but the story's problems aren't necessarily tied to any time constraints.
It can also be a victim of rushed development but who knows. Like I said the way the cutscenes are made is weird as in they look incomplete like something is missing.
What are the signs of a rushed game to you? I put this in the halo fan section as halo 5 is clearly a victim of rushed development and I want to see what everyone thinks are a sign of rushed development for a game wich one of does transfers to halo 5. I gonna write the signs that I noticed that halo 5 was rushed (feel free to disagree if you need to):
1. Breakout being pushed to the side: Remember back pre-halo 5 launch how the mode was announced to be the new pro gamemode? Well once halo 5 launched it didn't receive any attention at all minus the community made maps. Now it's unranked and that actually made me sad because I got a diamond in that mode and I felt proud.

2.Theater mode being broken: Well -Yoink- almost a year into halo 5 life cycle and theater mode is still broken. How can you release a game with a mode being completely broken with a 3 year development cycle?

3. Campaign: I already expressed my opinion about the story so I'm not gonna gl into that but there are other stuff like campaign scoring. Why did the MCC had it yet when h5 launched it didn't? The cutscenes are also weird to in how they fade out all of a sudden.

4. Lack of content: Come on guys you knew this was coming! No forge at launch, no assult, no infection, no koth, no forge, no action sack, no btb, no forge, and no grifball. Did I say no forge?

It is very clear that halo 5 came way too early and was rushed. Leave your opinion down below and thanks for reading.
5. Fan boys who will defend every single bad aspect of the aforementioned rushed game
What does that have to do with the topic?
I really wish you could pick up the skulls in single player also. Some of the physics for liquid are pretty bad especially when falling out of the map. Disintegration is kind of bad too when it is overused. It kind of makes me wonder sometimes. I also wonder why 343i does not have the option to put emblems on armor. In general H5G is a little bit behind as far as other shooters go and somewhat of a downgrade compared to other Halo titles and games. As far as 343i goes there last two projects H5G and TMCC were not that great as far as launch content goes and are very bare bones and lacking......Graphic wise they are really poor as well unfortunately. It is very clear that these games are unfinished. I mean if anything these games are next gen and should be an upgrade......Halo should have never gone down a rating either......and they are going to have to take notes and make improvements based on titles that have come out in the last 3 years. It's really bad when you do not even keep up with the quality of your own title > H4. The REQ system is okay but in reality it amounts to nothing. The only good thing about it is the free updates. 343i should definitely be more involved in their community. TMCC was an utter failure, especially being that there was no file share or file browser > in game. How are we going to run customs? I do not see this making much sense. Do you guys think people do not want to play HALO or something. These kind of things are puzzling. Why would forge even be in he game and available in 3 titles without fileshare/filebrowser in game??? Why would content be unavailable and ripped? Why would a Reach remaster not be there? Why wouldn't firefight either? All of the customization for each game could have been incorporated into the UI? Without a problem. H2A is a complete mess and it is clear that the game was far from reluctantly abandoned. We were only given one free map as a "reward" before 343i turned their back on the game. I do not know what is going on here but I am sure there are a lot of available programmers and people who like HALO and can work on the game.....Another thing that bothers me is the fact that the games medals are -Yoinked!-....Why would the original medals for each game not be their and not to mention THE CONTROLS......I mean what the -Yoink- was that -Yoink-. This kind of -Yoink- alone is what makes people hate 343i......HALO is the most popular franchise on the xbox console and it has been treated as the consoles stepchild because 343i could not deliver. I cannot even begin to tell you how rarely I see people play this game. Unless they are just grinding for Helioskrill.....It is the equivelent of people buying crackdown for the H3 beta......How do you have all of these games packed in one disc without the most important content that make the game what it is. I really hope someone in 343i reads this and recognizes that this is a problem. Another problem I want to state is playing capture the flag with pistols.....There should be an option to play capture the flag without pistols where the flag carrier is defenseless.....with only the option to rush to the base as fast as they can as well as the classic gameplay options of no clamber,thrust,spartan charge or ground pound.....and finally to end even with all this added to H5G it will not matter because the rating dropped. Now why would you drop the games rating??? It is HALO it is a dark game about killing extraterrestrial beings and all sorts of other stuff,The graphics on H5G are also fairly kind of -Yoinked!- up. I do not understand how you 343i. -Yoink- your games up like this. I mean did you even play HALO before? ? ?
H5 wasn't rushed just bad decisions were made. I place blame on management clearly not having all departments working together. You want to see what happens in rushed development go look at what happened to MCC.
LethalQ wrote:
H5 wasn't rushed just bad decisions were made. I place blame on management clearly not having all departments working together. You want to see what happens in rushed development go look at what happened to MCC.
I'd say it was bad decisions plus Microsoft pushing 343 to get Halo 5 out as early as possible which led to some of the issues with the game.
LethalQ wrote:
MCC is the king os rushed development with Sonic 06 being the queen.
LethalQ wrote:
This is why triple A titles will be the bane of video games. All they want are to meet deadlines and will cut corners to do it...

The mcc was a sad excuse of a video game, it was rushed and poorly maintained. I really would rather them have shipped the game a year later.
sniper945 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
This is why triple A titles will be the bane of video games. All they want are to meet deadlines and will cut corners to do it...

The mcc was a sad excuse of a video game, it was rushed and poorly maintained. I really would rather them have shipped the game a year later.
What they should have done is just a H2A and that is it.... then it would have been beautiful. Just a full on top to bottom H2A. Instead they bit off way more than they could chew and did just a face plant of a release.
LethalQ wrote:
sniper945 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:

What they should have done is just a H2A and that is it.... then it would have been beautiful. Just a full on top to bottom H2A. Instead they bit off way more than they could chew and did just a face plant of a release.
^^this^^
I just see people complaining. In 5 years we'll all talk about how Halo 5 was "true" Halo.
Even though I love halo5 it was horribly rushed or they had extremely bad judgement.

-Horrible and I mean horrible UI. Like come on Halo reach had it perfect honestly. This was 1 step forward 50 steps back to the pits of taco bell toilet hell.

-Oh look I got a new req pack I will ope.... retrieving data -Yoink- this game! *Goes in a warzone game* * goes to req station* * retrieving data* Welp rip me and my magnum vs their brs dmrs snipers and sadness. Like why does this happen still to this day???

-Customization on Spartans. The way I see it is just 190 armor spam and only like 10 good looking ones. Bring back reach style customization and my inclement weather plox.

-Lets not talk about content on release...

I still love halo 5.
I just so people complaining. In 5 years we'll all talk about how Halo 5 was "true" Halo.
We will.... look at reach it was hated by plenty on release and now yoinks all over praise it.
Rushed? No. Redirected at some point in it's creation, most likely. It feels like what happened to H2 but with a worse campaign in all areas.
SpitFlame wrote:
Yeah, I think from my perspective of my H5 experience (I got the Limited Collector's Edition), I was so incredibly excited to play in and see how the wicked marketing would end up in the story ("Wooo! When's THAT gonna happen in the campaign???"), and when I was about 2/3 of the way through I was definitely feeling that sinking feeling...you know what I mean. It was almost a dealbreaker for me.

Now, having gotten over 343i's foibles and flubs in the marketing LIES, I love the look, feel and play of the campaign. I want more Blue Team, and it's annoying to have to go six rounds with the Warden, and I'm REALLY worried about the direction they're going with Cortana 2.0, but the gameplay is great, and gameplay is king.

I just think we're going to be expecting a LOT out of H6...and we're right to do so.
Sign #1:
The game will have several half-baked features or concepts that seem like they were "finished" at the last minute. Features and concepts where there wasn't enough time to fully realize their potential, so they just watered them down and released them in a state where they still function, but only at the most basic level.

Example, Skyrim's Civil War

Skyrim In-Development: A civil war with cities that you constantly attack and defend, with unique faction quests for those cities.

Skyim Release: A civil war where both sides have basically the same quests, and those quests are just one-time "attack this random fort" quests.

Alternative Example:
Halo 5's entire storyline.

Sign #2
The game will have sub-par graphics, bugs, and be poorly optimized.

Sign #3
New updates for the game will be released not too long after release, typically for free, and disguised as new content.
Often also fixing existing problems with the game, be they technical or fundamental, in the process.
I think 343 could have done a MUCH better job with the story. A good idea would be this
warning spoilers for those who don't know what happened to the didact after H4
https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/universe/characters/didact
my only problem with the story is the lack of explaination for the people that are new h5 is heavily lore biased it would have been good if they have terminals for better understandment like h3/4 had
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 11