1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11
SpitFlame wrote:
The campaign wasn't rushed at all, the problem was the lack of cohesion and understanding between the writing team, narrative design team, and the marketing team. I've heard plenty of reasons, everything from rewrites to losing members, but the story's problems aren't necessarily tied to any time constraints.
i agree with this guy he has the right idea
I've always been here for the story . It was definitely lackluster and a poor follow up to a well made campaign (halo4). And there were rumors that the script was changed to bring back cortana because of her marketing on Microsoft's devices
All games now are rushed games lol
There's not much to do when Microsoft tells you when you are going to release the game. To be honest I don't blame 343 for much in Halo 5. I blame Microsoft for being so naive regarding Halo as a franchise. Still though, I enjoy Halo 5 and play it almost every day. It's currently a great game.
There's not much to do when Microsoft tells you when you are going to release the game. To be honest I don't blame 343 for much in Halo 5. I blame Microsoft for being so naive regarding Halo as a franchise. Still though, I enjoy Halo 5 and play it almost every day. It's currently a great game.
It's Microsoft and the management team at 343 who's to blame here (and the lead writer to some extent)
Old Sweepi wrote:
I've always been here for the story . It was definitely lackluster and a poor follow up to a well made campaign (halo4). And there were rumors that the script was changed to bring back cortana because of her marketing on Microsoft's devices
Are you talking about the LNG one? If so let's not bring that here as that brings out a conversation that might go south.
What are the signs of a rushed game to you? I put this in the halo fan section as halo 5 is clearly a victim of rushed development and I want to see what everyone thinks are a sign of rushed development for a game wich one of does transfers to halo 5. I gonna write the signs that I noticed that halo 5 was rushed (feel free to disagree if you need to):
1. Breakout being pushed to the side: Remember back pre-halo 5 launch how the mode was announced to be the new pro gamemode? Well once halo 5 launched it didn't receive any attention at all minus the community made maps. Now it's unranked and that actually made me sad because I got a diamond in that mode and I felt proud.

2.Theater mode being broken: Well -Yoink- almost a year into halo 5 life cycle and theater mode is still broken. How can you release a game with a mode being completely broken with a 3 year development cycle?

3. Campaign: I already expressed my opinion about the story so I'm not gonna gl into that but there are other stuff like campaign scoring. Why did the MCC had it yet when h5 launched it didn't? The cutscenes are also weird to in how they fade out all of a sudden.

4. Lack of content: Come on guys you knew this was coming! No forge at launch, no assult, no infection, no koth, no forge, no action sack, no btb, no forge, and no grifball. Did I say no forge?

It is very clear that halo 5 came way too early and was rushed. Leave your opinion down below and thanks for reading.
And they forgot to put in the classic Monitor humming sound! :(
Being a AAA title. That's a sure sign it'll be rushed.
What are the signs of a rushed game to you? I put this in the halo fan section as halo 5 is clearly a victim of rushed development and I want to see what everyone thinks are a sign of rushed development for a game wich one of does transfers to halo 5. I gonna write the signs that I noticed that halo 5 was rushed (feel free to disagree if you need to):
1. Breakout being pushed to the side: Remember back pre-halo 5 launch how the mode was announced to be the new pro gamemode? Well once halo 5 launched it didn't receive any attention at all minus the community made maps. Now it's unranked and that actually made me sad because I got a diamond in that mode and I felt proud.

2.Theater mode being broken: Well -Yoink- almost a year into halo 5 life cycle and theater mode is still broken. How can you release a game with a mode being completely broken with a 3 year development cycle?

3. Campaign: I already expressed my opinion about the story so I'm not gonna gl into that but there are other stuff like campaign scoring. Why did the MCC had it yet when h5 launched it didn't? The cutscenes are also weird to in how they fade out all of a sudden.

4. Lack of content: Come on guys you knew this was coming! No forge at launch, no assult, no infection, no koth, no forge, no action sack, no btb, no forge, and no grifball. Did I say no forge?

It is very clear that halo 5 came way too early and was rushed. Leave your opinion down below and thanks for reading.
I can understand your opinion but forge come on man the forge in this game is basically a mini-dev kit.
LethalQ wrote:
H5 wasn't rushed just bad decisions were made. I place blame on management clearly not having all departments working together. You want to see what happens in rushed development go look at what happened to MCC.
MCC is the king os rushed development with Sonic 06 being the queen.
I don't know to me personally the king goes to battlefield 4 because atleast mcc they tried to fix the matchmaking 1 month after and succeeded to some extent but battlefield it took them 1 year until dice la came along.Actually i think a cool idea is to get a second company to work on mcc glitches just like dice la did for battlefield.Also if you want to see another example look at ride to hell:retribution thats just funny broken lol but before i go to people who are not gonna finish reading and complain towards me THIS IS MY OPINION.
LethalQ wrote:
H5 wasn't rushed just bad decisions were made. I place blame on management clearly not having all departments working together. You want to see what happens in rushed development go look at what happened to MCC.
MCC is the king os rushed development with Sonic 06 being the queen.
I don't know to me personally the king goes to battlefield 4 because atleast mcc they tried to fix the matchmaking 1 month after and succeeded to some extent but battlefield it took them 1 year until dice la came along.Actually i think a cool idea is to get a second company to work on mcc glitches just like dice la did for battlefield.Also if you want to see another example look at ride to hell:retribution thats just funny broken lol but before i go to people who are not gonna finish reading and complain towards me THIS IS MY OPINION.
True

I can understand your opinion but forge come on man the forge in this game is basically a mini-dev kit.
I know
One main sign would be people not staying together and just running all over the place

As legit as this sounds...

5. Fan boys who will defend every single bad aspect of the aforementioned rushed game
THIS is as realistic as its going to get. And its those people who allow companies to pump out garbage. Look at COD. Halo will now follow in its footsteps expect of course with a lot less of a fan base. GG 343.

5. Fan boys who will defend every single bad aspect of the aforementioned rushed game
THIS is as realistic as its going to get. And its those people who allow companies to pump out garbage. Look at COD. Halo will now follow in its footsteps expect of course with a lot less of a fan base. GG 343.
If I'm being honest there seems to be less fanboys as the months go on (not saying there isn't any). I think it's gonna take a lot more for halo to go down the cod route.
Most if not all games are rushed now....

If I'm being honest there seems to be less fanboys as the months go on (not saying there isn't any). I think it's gonna take a lot more for halo to go down the cod route.
Hasn't it already though? Multiple companies working on it, producing half-blam- games, shoving micro-tansactions down our throats etc. Eh it ain't the Halo I used to remember.
Button combos that are in the game that weren't supposed to be. Busted physics that allow for things like superbouncing. Network manipulation holes that render your entire ranking system so deficient that you have to completely reset your ranks after the game's come out. Graphics issue that have assets pop up in the middle of a cutscene.

You know, Halo 2 stuff. The only Halo launch that was legitimately rushed and launched before it was ready.
I just so people complaining. In 5 years we'll all talk about how Halo 5 was "true" Halo.
We'll talk about how it was the game that damaged Halo the most.
I just so people complaining. In 5 years we'll all talk about how Halo 5 was "true" Halo.
We'll talk about how it was the game that damaged Halo the most.
People say that about Halo 2. And Halo 3. And Halo: Reach. And Halo 4. And now Halo 5. This isn't new, and Halo 5 isn't unique in that regard.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 11