2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11
Horrible explosion animations or lack there of that makes a Covenant cruiser look like a broken Lego set.
Hey yo man the Covies were on a low budget ok man jeez. It's hard to find quality sanghiele when your faction leader died.
This was the beginning of Halo 4......
Aging console so yeah (if we are talking about the 360). Outside of the joke that I made this Covenant faction legit had a low budget.
Aging console doesn't explain that at all. Pretty much every explosion in Halo 3 (2007) and especially Reach (2010) looks so much better than the in engine ones in 4.
Well if you rework the engine to bring the best out of the 360 some of the things are gonna be for lack of a better word meh looking (i.e covi phantom explosion). But yeah they are pretty bad with the new halos
Seriously, go back and blow up a Phantom in Halo 3, it's beautiful!
I know
I just so people complaining. In 5 years we'll all talk about how Halo 5 was "true" Halo.
I'll never admit halo 5 was a true halo game and I mean NEVER
Nostalgia is a funny thing.
I just so people complaining. In 5 years we'll all talk about how Halo 5 was "true" Halo.
If it were nostalgia he would be claiming Halo 5 was a true halo game.

Meanwhile, despite this vicious cycle trite, I'm still not praising Reach. You guys act like everyone who hated Reach is now praising it, when in reality it's the same minority of people praising it now as there were back then.
U people need to quit using that as an argument,maybe I just don't like the game,did u think of that?
All the sudden fade-outs were annoying. Like, people would have a conversation, and before anything is revealed or anything meaningful happens, they just fade out. And all the exposition but NO plot development. Lemme tell ya somethign Brian reed. Stories are supposed to have key events that keep the reader interested and keep the plot going. This is how to write a story:

introduction: where and when the story takes place are addressed here. This is where you introduce your characters, and their role in the story. I'm halo 5, we don't have an introduction. We have Spartans we've never before seen jumping out of a dropship into what planet, to fight some Jul'madadanama. But theres a big battle going on, right? Who's fighting who? Why are they fighting? Why are they fighting where they're fighting? These things aren't addressed, and it's an issue.

inciting incident: this is what really gets the plot moving, and hooks the viewer/reader. In "the fellowship of the ring" it was when frodo came into possession of the ring. That's when he and his friends had to leave to go destroy the ring, and the excitement and plot began. Halo 5... It's not there. Uhhh, maybe when the chief goes missing? Maybe when they bring Halsey back?

Rising action: this is when it all gets real. The plot is now fully assembled, and the action is picking up. The viewer is now engaged (or should be) in the story, and we get ready for the climax. This occurs in about the middle of the story. The villain is clear, the heroes are clear, and we can fully see what's happening in our plot. In "Halo 3" it was probably when the master Chief destroys the AA gun, and Truth uses his spaceship to escape. This happens to keep the viewer interested and give them some suspense to stay in the story. In halo 5 it was when.... Uhhhh..... Meridian was attacked? When Locke and chief fight? We don't know, and that's what's wrong with halo 5. It's just senseless exposition and action, but none of it has any meaning.

Climax: this is the highest point of action in the story. It's when good fights evil, everything fighting, and the bad guy eventually gets be at. This is when everything comes to a close, and the problem is solved. In "Rocky" the climax is when Rocky Balboa fights Apollo Creed. It's exciting, it's tense, and it keeps you pumping your fists and cheering. In halo 5... Was the climax when the chief fought the warden eternal? Was it when fireteam Osiris was destroying those power generator things? Was it when Osiris was fighting in that big circular room when Cortana was broadcasting to the Galaxy? Was it when you were trying to get up to that other power thing as Locke while the guardian pulsed waves at you? Was it all of these things at once? Who is the bad guy in the story? Is it the warden? Not likely, because we only met him half way throu the story. Is it Cortana? Maybe, but she doesn't do anything evil until the middle-end. It just doesn't make any sense and its damn stupid.

Denouement: this is when it all calms down after the climax. Evil is destroyed, good guy triumphs. It's all calmed down now. In "revenge of the sith," it was when pad me gives birth to Luke and Leia, and darth Vader gets his new life support suit. In halo 5... Is it when chief and blue team are freed from that prison they were in? Is it when chief and Locke become friends? I don't know.

conclusion: this is when we are possibly presented with a cliff hanger, or we can just think back on the movie. In "Tomb raider" it was when Lara is on the boat, leaving the island. A crewmate tells her they'll be heading home soon. After he walks away, lara looks back at the island and says "im not going home". The scene then cuts out. This lets us speculate on a potential sequel. What does she mean by that? Is she going back to the island? Or is she just going adventuring as soon as they dock? It leaves room for speculation, but it isn't abrupt. In halo 5, the conclusion is when they land back on Sanghelios. They get off the ship, and arbiter and Halsey walk up to the chief. Halsey looks at chief and says "took you long enough". And then it ends. That's the end of the game. And never in my life has an ending been more abrupt. I understand that it leaves room for speculation and that's what they're going for, but a sentence from the chief to arby or vice versa couldn't hurt. We, the fans waited for months for their epic reunion. And we didn't get it. They might have looked at each other, and that's it. Will chief and Locke get along now? Will they kill each other? What will arby and chief interact like? Halsey and chief? Buck and Fred? Tanaka and Linda? Kelly and vale? What the hell is going on?
well anyways, that's my rant. Thank you for reading this far, and #longlivehalo #makehalogreatagain

and this is coming from a 10th grade kid. I just wrote an essay in like half an hour about how to write a story damnit. And 343 couldn't get a decent writer.
LethalQ wrote:
H5 wasn't rushed just bad decisions were made. I place blame on management clearly not having all departments working together. You want to see what happens in rushed development go look at what happened to MCC.
MCC is the king os rushed development with Sonic 06 being the queen.
Well, Sonic always does love to talk about how fast he his... which in this case is not a good thing.
LethalQ wrote:
We will.... look at reach it was hated by plenty on release and now yoinks all over praise it.
That is a horrible argument. A LOT of us loved Reach at release.
They've had months to figure out a way to organize the armor by armor and it's skins... Seriously wth. And it would be nice if they put a filter too of commons, uncommon, rares, ultra rares, and legendary.
Most if not all games are rushed now....
But that's not a good thing.
I hate how each time you choose new load out weapon in firefight, you have to scroll through all the other scopes thay I never use. It would be great if they could organize it so you could scroll to the scope you want,then to the attachment
U people need to quit using that as an argument,maybe I just don't like the game,did u think of that?
Your opinion might change quite a bit in 5 years. That's a long time.
I know myself,and my opinion of this game will never change
All I have left to say is you know what they say about saying never.
Yeahhh... no. This might be the most disappointing Halo yet.
Closest competitor is Halo 4.
I have never seen this many complaints for a Halo game. Less playlists, incoherent campaign, no split screen, lazy maps, late features, and many lies.
All I have left to say is you know what they say about saying never.
NEVER
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
I have never seen this many complaints for a Halo game. Less playlists, incoherent campaign, no split screen, lazy maps, late features, and many lies.
I have. People lost thier minds about Halo 2 when it came out. Bungie promised the moon and didn't deliver. Now people love Halo 2.

This has all happened before and will happen again.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
I have. People lost thier minds about Halo 2 when it came out. Bungie promised the moon and didn't deliver. Now people love Halo 2.

I had faith in Bungie as I'm sure many other fans did at the time. Now we have 343i...
Compare Halo 2 to Halo 5 and you'll see what I mean.
Plus Halo 2 didn't remove things. They did everything Halo CE did and much more.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:

I had faith in Bungie as I'm sure many other fans did at the time. Now we have 343i...
They're both perfectly good Halo games with their strengths and weaknesses.

There's plenty to criticize Halo 2 for. We just don't because it was the second game in the series instead of the sixth.
IMR4N4T0R wrote:
IMR4N4T0R wrote:

They're both perfectly good Halo games with their strengths and weaknesses.

There's plenty to criticize Halo 2 for. We just don't because it was the second game in the series instead of the sixth.
People normally expect the sequel to surpass its predecessor. While Halo 5 had better gameplay than Halo 4, it cut most playlists and gamemodes for the single gamemode Warzone, had more Forge maps and Remixes and less originals, weakened the story severely, cut split screen making the game online only, and overall let down so many fans at launch.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 3
  4. 4
  5. 5
  6. 6
  7. 7
  8. ...
  9. 11