Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Halo 5 better than the other games?

OP Chewbarooo

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Okay now that we have played Halo 5, how good is it compared to the others?
I really enjoy the game so here is my current list of my top halo games.
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 5
3. Halo 2
4. Halo Reach
5. Halo 4
6. Halo CE
(ODST isn't here because its not a game we played religiously like the other halo games)

Yes, Halo 5 is high on the list but that's how I feel about the game so far. I love everything about it and I cant stop playing. This list can change overtime but this is how I think of the games currently.

What do you think?
Is there anything that you really like or really hate?
This is all based on multiplayer which is why ODST and Halo 1 isn't listed

1) Halo 5
2) Halo 4-360 version (Yes I know i'm a minority here liking Halo 4)
3) Halo Reach
4) Halo 3 - 360 version
5) Halo 2
6) Halo MCC

I mentioned the 360 versions because the MCC doesn't have the full multiplayer modes of previous games like FFA or regicide. Just playlists and a horrible voting system

This post has been hidden.

1.Halo 2
2.Halo 3
3.Halo 5
4.Halo: Reach
5.Halo 4

Halo 4 was horrible for multiplayer, totally abandoned what made Halo Halo. 5 brings a little of that back. Reach would be higher had they not gotten rid of the BR
#1 for me
For multiplayer, I'd rather do Halo 2 or 3. Campaign was great, but way too short... So for campaign I'd pick Reach and all of the inaccuracies Bungie put in it.
Multiplayer wise, definitely the step forward we deserved, especially compared to the atrocious Halo 4. Campaign wise, the weakest of them all.

Campaign:
1. Halo 2
2. Halo: CE
3. Halo 4
4. Halo 3
5. Halo Reach
6. Halo 3: ODST
7. Halo 5

Multiplayer:
1. Halo 3
2. Halo 2
3. Halo 5 (would be higher up if there wasn't a lack of content and the depth of custom games that Halo 3 had)
4. Halo: CE
5. Halo Reach
6. Something else
7. Anything else
8. Halo 4
Halo CE is at the bottom of your list?

*grabs pitchfork*
Campaign:
1)Halo 1
2)Halo 2
3) Halo 3
4) Halo Wars
5) Halo Odst
6) Halo Reach
7) Halo 4
8) Halo 5

Multiplayer:
1) Halo 2
2) Halo 1/3
3) Halo Wars
4) Halo Reach
5)Halo 4
6)Halo 5

I think the reason why I marked Halo 5 so low is most of the missions were running from A to B again for switches and well the multi-player so far has less content than previous Halo games, well it was a straight copy with minor changes based on Halo 4, I hated the art style of Halo 4 that they carried over to Halo 5. I didn't include Odst in the multi-player list since it had no competitive multi-player.
For me it's:

1. Halo 5
2. Halo: Reach
3. Halo 4
4. Halo MCC (Because of Halo 2: Anniversary)
5. Halo 2
6. Halo: CE
7. Halo 3
I put it up there with Halo 3. Easily a Top Five game for me.
Gameplay:

• Halo 5: Guardians (in need of tweaks)
  • Halo: Reach (Without Abilities)
  • Halo 3
  • Halo: Reach (With Abilities)
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 2
  • Halo: Combat Evolved
Actual Content:

• Halo: Reach
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 5
  • Halo 2
Campaign:

• Halo 2
  • Halo 3
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 5 Guardians
Community:

• Halo 3
  • Halo 2
  • Halo 4
  • Halo 5
It is in multiplayer, and single player both the worst halo.

It's impossible to call a game with this weak of a map, and gametype selection, and this many fundementally broken mechanics (aiming, spawning, ranking) and this little polish (can't mute people in lobbies? Can't see ranking gains/loses in game like you could in the beta? Can't see medals in after action?) The best multiplayer. And with how -Yoink- the writing was, and how short the campaign was, even compared to 4 it's easily the worst single player as well.

And I liked 4 too, 343 can do better than this, no idea why they didnt.
Halo 2
Halo Reach
Halo 3
Halo 4
Halo CE
Halo 5

I'm disappointed in Halo 5.. it's still better than the clusterf**k of the collection, but not by much..
Wth? Why is CE on the bottom I had way more fun than most of these titles and it was just so simple. I mean people got opinions but the bottom of the list...
  1. Halo 3
  2. Halo 5 (need more maps, especially for Warzone.)
  3. Halo: Reach
  4. Halo 2
  5. Halo CE

It's impossible to call a game with this weak of a map, and gametype selection, and this many fundementally broken mechanics (aiming, spawning, ranking) and this little polish (can't mute people in lobbies? Can't see ranking gains/loses in game like you could in the beta? Can't see medals in after action?) The best multiplayer. And with how -Yoink- the writing was, and how short the campaign was, even compared to 4 it's easily the worst single player as well.

Sadly true, I can't think of any maps whatsoever in Halo 5's multi-player that's even memorable. Yes the campaign was pretty bad, I felt like I was playing the same missions over, over with the main boss being re-used over, over, even then we never got anything like a warthog run or the Broadsword. I was literally looking forward to a moment like that and I never got anything like that which annoyed me a bit and strangely the multiplayer seemed too similar to Titanfall.
gethtones wrote:
Halo CE is at the bottom of your list?

*grabs pitchfork*
Hahaha yeah. I was too young for that game when it came out. Now it feels weird and kinda old. Still beat it on legendary tho.
Van Bur3n wrote:
Multiplayer wise, definitely the step forward we deserved, especially compared to the atrocious Halo 4. Campaign wise, the weakest of them all.

Yeah I suppose I should have had a different list for Singleplayer and Multiplayer. Even though the story is a bit of a let down I still thought it was better than Halo 4.
ronnie42 wrote:

Sadly true, I can't think of any maps whatsoever in Halo 5's multi-player that's even memorable. Yes the campaign was pretty bad, I felt like I was playing the same missions over, over with the main boss being re-used over, over, even then we never got anything like a warthog run or the Broadsword. I was literally looking forward to a moment like that and I never got anything like that which annoyed me a bit and strangely the multiplayer seemed too similar to Titanfall.
I was too. This campaign didn't give us anything that we haven't ever done before.
Reach had that space mission
Even Halo 4 had the mission with the pelican and the Broadsword.
I guess we did use the Phaeton when we attacked the Kraken but still not good enough.
  1. Halo 3
  2. Halo: 2/2A
  3. Halo 5
  4. Halo 4 Post Patch
  5. Halo Reach TU
My list kinda changes though except for the fact that I love Halo 3. Halo 5 is better than Halo 4, but can still do some things better, but then again I have to play the larger team modes outside of war zone before I make any kind of decision.
Time you played the halo series makes a huge difference in your appeal to each game. For me I have been playing halo since 2001 when CE came out. This is my list:
Halo 2
Halo 3
Halo CE
Halo reach
Halo wars
Halo 4
Halo 5
Reason halo 5 is low for me is change. Useally I'm all for change but halo 4-5 changed halo extremely quick. The ships in the background look like toy ships, the campaign maps are really huge. Maps use to be perfect where detail was appreciated. Shipmaster from halo 2-3 wasn't in it. The dialogue was different, I can't really tell what's so different but it may be because I feel I just don't care about any of these characters they are new and kinda thrown in there. And yes I watched halo nightfall and read the books. The books of blue team r good. Nightfall however was so boring. Possibly the only series I've ever fallen asleep on 1 episode into the season. Oh and cortana isn't hot no more like Wtf is that crap ? She is anouying and personally I feel like they made me hate her! And I loved cortana so that pisses me off. Halo she was super fine then boom! She becomes one of those anouying controling girlfriends. With halo 5 i feel like all they care about and all everyone cares about is graphics and 60fps.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2