Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Halo 5 going to be forgotten?

OP Scorch27

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
MCC is a big focus right now. Infinite is going to be a big focus. These updates are way to close to Halo Infinites release. Will Halo 5 be quickly forgotten? Or will it be brought to mcc and be given the same treatment as the other games?
For the time being I imagine it’ll be more than likely “forgotten” for a little bit. The game hasn’t had any love since 2016.

Eventually it could come to PC or MCC. After Infinite launches I don’t see many people playing Halo 5 anymore. Especially considering Infinite is free to play too, that Halo 5 population will likely plummet.
I would guess that Halo 5 will still be remembered to some extent even if we may not see any major updates to the game itself. However, it's future popularity will probably be highly dependent on how successful Halo Infinite would become.
Scorch27 wrote:
MCC is a big focus right now. Infinite is going to be a big focus. These updates are way to close to Halo Infinites release. Will Halo 5 be quickly forgotten? Or will it be brought to mcc and be given the same treatment as the other games?
You’re still going to have your players that are close to 152 trying to finish after Infinite releases... or companies that are close to the armor or helmet... they’ll likely stick around for a bit depending on how close they are... but by and large yes... i think it will most likely get forgotten. Which is ashame... as I’m a fan of 5 and wish it could’ve been more... it has a lot of potential...
I could see it going to PC once Infinite comes out so I doubt it will be forgotten.
There will still be nostalgic personn to play to it, included me. Except if Infinite continue in the same direction of Halo 5, with a gameplay evolved but clothe to Halo 5.
Scorch27 wrote:
I didn't like halo 5, but I will admit the warzone mode was kinda fun. I think Infinite might go back to Bungie gameplay with multiplayer, they might add warzone, and the campaign will definetly overshadow halo 5, even if its worse, which I hope it isn't. But yeah, I think a few months into Infinite, it'll slow be forgotten.
I don't believe it will be forgotten. As with all things, that will change with time, but I think in the immediate future, with people still trying to get to 152, and companies still trying to earn achilles... I think it will take awhile for Halo 5 to fade away. Also, it depends on how Infinite is received. If it is received poorly, or still has a lot of bugs and things that need fixed upon release, people will flock back to Halo 5 or MCC. If it is received well... population will definitely dip, but I think it'll still be playable.
I don’t think it’ll be forgotten. It won’t be brought into the MCC package, but I remain hopeful that it will be revisited in time with an effort to bring it fully over to the PC platform.
There is always a small population left playing all Halo games but yeah I think H5 will be a big time ghost town once infinite releases. I don't even have H5 loaded on my Xbox anymore. I have more fun playing MCC. So after infinite releases and if it's not that fun or whatever I will go back to MCC.
If there is a PC release then its life will be dragged out a bit more, but if there is no Pc release then it will definitely be forgotten ;-;
It wont die for a very long time, but it will most likely be "sunsetted" in 5-6 years from now. It won't have as many updates when Infinite releases, and the player base might drop by 15-25%.
Halo 5 still exists because 343 has given it events and also updates. An example is Star Wars Squadrons, it only lasted 4 months and there will no longer be any updates or events. I don't know if the community will no longer play with him in the future.
MCC is only going to Season 10, as they have no more plans for it after infinite. If MCC has no further plans, Halo 5 sure doesn’t have any plans at all. I’m sure eventually they will add halo 5 to pc or MCC if not both, but very little things. Infinite will be their only focus starting this Fall.
I will still remember it for exposing me to who would eventually become my favorite character: Fred-104; and what would eventually be my favorite MJOLNIR armor: Centurion GEN2.
I know for one like Halo 4 I will be deleting this game and never touching it again.
player base will drop,but totally forgotten no
Scorch27 wrote:
it doesn't make sense to me at all why they're not doing anything with H5.
I think it will go through a dark period probably when Infinite releases and the following years thereafter. However, I think time is usually kind to most things and I think the "forgetting" process is much needed for this game (arguably the least received Halo in the series). I think maybe people will get nostalgic for it after a while, and perhaps when MCC needs another season + more content, 343 can find the time to properly port it. So yes, I think it will be forgotten, but I think it being forgotten will allow it to get a second life down the road.
I'm betting on Halo 5s playerbase to plummet significantly if Halo Infinite is well received. Everyone will flock to the new game that gets actual updates and 5 will fade into the handful of players that prefer the game/want to get to 152.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2