1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Simple Question...

Give logical arguments, no opinions. :)
Simple answer: no
The matchmaking process and ranking system is incredibly stacked against the solo gamer.
Bionicled wrote:
Simple answer: no
The matchmaking process and ranking system is incredibly stacked against the solo gamer.
I haven't investigated on that topic, but I think it's true
Yes, it is.
It may have its flaws. But so does every game.

This post has been hidden.

Well actually you ask an opinion based question so it's quite impossible to answer your question without opinion. It's a good game over all. It's just not great. Campaign had great environments, especially Sanghelios, just not the best script or story. Multiplayer plays way to competitive for most casual players but I don't mind as I like competitive play. They have some great multiplayer maps that look great like torque and tyrant but then have A LOT of remixes in there so a lot of the maps have the same feel and quite a few concentrate on CQC. The req system isn't so bad they just sadly pretty much put all cosmetics in it and left only like two armors that are earnable through game play, but at least the req system only effects warzone. Probably the least intrusive microtransaction system there is really. So over all yes H5 is a good game.
Overall, yes. It is much improved. The company is what keeps the game from being better (what else would it be). First, they fail to do what they promise quite often (timmy helmet being the latest example). Second....I don't think it's too competitive for the casual player as much as it is the system being continuously gamed from all sides. Menke's efforts to tame this seem to add fuel to the fire. What's worse for me is that his team seems to consider being more transparent in game a taboo...as if transparency is what allows players to game it in the first place.

so, instead of new ideas and evolution we mainly get big bro controlling and keeping it in the dark; being then completely out-of-touch with just how bad it can be at times. it's not that i blame Menke's efforts but rather his attitude and approach toward it. that being said i DO appreciate the update threads and i'm certain it's not easy. however, when you seem detached or out-of-sync with what is occurring and you take the approach that conceals what makes a match (MMR) AND then state that it's your right to tweak it... that leaves me feeling not so fresh...almost exactly like i do when it's time to get a physical and i'm about to have a man's finger up my anus. #thatnotsofreshfeeling

I'm also not for the achilles grind being there to sell req packs and render standard WZ as a big stat crop. No problem with them generating revenue just don't scat all over wz. Yes, it's scatty-scat when the objectives clearly and without question no longer matter over some stats...period.

LOL. but most everything else about the game i absolutely love and because of that I suffer the rest. i whine to make it better or so i like to think but yeah....

i should mention that the day they add custom loadouts for arena is the day i'm gone.
its a really great game

Its just not very often you get to experience that due to bad netcoding/servers and search preference screwups. Prepare to rage.... alot.
In my opinion, yes. It's my favorite MP halo game.
In a word, no.

Gameplay is too chaotic and fast-paced and doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Halo has always been known for it's slower-paced gameplay, and so Halo has very much lost it's identity with Halo 5. New additions like ADS and Spartan Charge, plus uncalled for changes like the nerfed motion tracker are at the heart of the problem. Arena maps are forgettable. Multiplayer as a whole is too competitive and shuts out casual players.

Warzone is even more chaotic than Infinity Slayer in Halo 4, and what's more, it's pay-to-win. The REQ system is awful; it's oversaturated with random unlocks consisting of ugly new armor sets and re-skins of power weapons, half of which most people never use. Armor customization has been stripped down and a lot of classic armors were left behind... and at the same time, we got a ton of hideous alien-looking new armor sets like Seeker that nobody asked for, with a half-a-dozen reskins for each.

Finally you have the worst campaign in Halo history; the story is nothing like what was advertised, Fireteam Osiris are boring characters, Cortana's death in Halo 4 was cheapened by her being magically brought back to life in this game, campaign missions are too short, walk-and-talk missions are pointless, and you only get to play as Master Chief in three levels out of the entire game... one of which is the worst and most uninspired campaign mission of all time.

Forge is good, but controls are difficult to get the hang of for anyone who was able to Forge in Halo: Reach and Halo 4... and as the game built around it is so broken and frustrating, it doesn't count for much.

I would honestly say that Halo 4- even with it's Ordnance drops and Custom Loadouts, which I hated- was better than Halo 5 in that it still felt like a Halo game.

If I had to give Halo 5 a rating, it would be a straight-up 0/10. I have never been more disappointed in a Halo title.
"Is Halo 5 good?"

It's a matter of perspective really.

-Hellsing Ultimate Abridged 2017
In a word, no.

Gameplay is too chaotic and fast-paced and doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Halo has always been known for it's slow-paced gameplay, and so Halo has very much lost it's identity with Halo 5. New additions like ADS and Spartan Charge, plus uncalled for changes like the nerfed motion tracker are at the heart of the problem. Arena maps are forgettable. Multiplayer as a whole is too competitive and shuts out casual players.

Warzone is even more chaotic than Infinity Slayer in Halo 4, and what's more, it's pay-to-win. The REQ system is awful; it's oversaturated with random unlocks consisting of ugly new armor sets and re-skins of power weapons, half of which most people never use. Armor customization has been stripped down and a lot of classic armors were left behind... and at the same time, we got a ton of hideous alien-looking new armor sets like Seeker that nobody asked for, with a half-a-dozen reskins for each.

Finally you have the worst campaign in Halo history; the story is nothing like what was advertised, Fireteam Osiris are boring characters, Cortana's death in Halo 4 was cheapened by her being magically brought back to life in this game, campaign missions are too short, walk-and-talk missions are pointless, and you only get to play as Master Chief in three levels out of the entire game... one of which is the worst and most uninspired campaign mission of all time.

Forge is good, but controls are difficult to get the hang of for anyone who was able to Forge in Halo: Reach and Halo 4... and as the game built around it is so broken and frustrating, it doesn't count for much.

I would honestly say that Halo 4- even with it's Ordnance drops and Custom Loadouts, which I hated- was better than Halo 5 in that it still felt like a Halo game.

If I had to give Halo 5 a rating, it would be a straight-up 0/10. I have never been more disappointed in a Halo title.
1st. I don't know where you got the information that Halo has always been known for it's slow paced gameplay. But it's not.

2nd. The Req system isn't pay to win. ESPECIALLY, this far into the games life. Every single weapon and ability all has numerous counters.

3rd. You can blame the higher-ups that left during the production on Halo 5. (not defending)

4th. It's the best Forge to date. It's not broken. Figure out how to use it so it's not frustrating.

5th. Halo 4 was a good game.

6th. I respect your opinion on the game. But ultimately, Halo Reach had a huge impact on how the newer titles played out. You can blame Bungie for that one.

Have a good day Spartan.
In a word, no.

Gameplay is too chaotic and fast-paced and doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Halo has always been known for it's slow-paced gameplay, and so Halo has very much lost it's identity with Halo 5. New additions like ADS and Spartan Charge, plus uncalled for changes like the nerfed motion tracker are at the heart of the problem. Arena maps are forgettable. Multiplayer as a whole is too competitive and shuts out casual players.

Yet you still put in almost 8 days of playtime....
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please do not post spam.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
In a word, no.

I don't understand people some times.

They commit to a game clearly, but bash it. I just don't get it.
Cyro XVX wrote:

We'll play time doesn't mean one can't dislike it or criticize it for its faults. I have 40 days playtime on destiny yet I blast it for it's issues and at this point I rarely play it now. I have nearly 17 days for h5 and ill ill do the same. Do you have an actual issue with people who play games a lot and do this?
Cyro XVX wrote:
In a word, no.

Yah lol. If you rate a game 0/10, you must clearly hate it and never want to play it again. Even CoD I'd give a 5/10, and I almost never play it. I would go into his points, but I've danced this dance before. There is no changing his mind.
Cyro XVX wrote:
In a word, no.

Yah lol. If you rate a game 0/10, you must clearly hate it and never want to play it again. Even CoD I'd give a 5/10, and I almost never play it. I would go into his points, but I've danced this dance before. There is no changing his mind.
Yeah, some people are just going to hate regardless.

I just wish people were a bit more constructive. They clearly love the product, they give it a horrible review, but continue to play it.

That's like me saying I hate sushi, but I'm going to continue to eat it even though I have all these other options for me to eat.

I totally understand constructive feedback and criticism. But when you're openly admitting you give the game a 0/10 and still play it, it doesn't add up. Like if it was a 4/10 I'd understand.
I really enjoy it. Its my go to shooter plus I'm a big Halo fanboy.
Cyro XVX wrote:
In a word, no.

8 days is nothing. Check my service record; I put 59 days in Halo: Reach, and almost twice as much into Halo 3. Those were games I really enjoyed. Halo 5 is a game I can only stomach for so long.

Quote:
I don't know where you got the information that Halo has always been known for it's slow paced gameplay. But it's not.
Seriously? Halo has always been slower-paced than mainstream FPS games like Call of Duty. That's what made it stand out. The golden triangle (weapons/grenades/melee) combined with energy shields, and that only semi-automatic weapons like the BR, Carbine, and DMR were ever capable of scoring headshots, that definitely slowed down the pace compared to those other shooters.

But in Halo 5 you can headshot people with automatic weapons; I was all for the buff to automatics in Halo 4, but this was taking it too far. Not to mention how easy it is to get a cheap 1-shot kill just by sprinting around the map and Spartan Charging people; a problem made worse by the small map size, unlimited sprint, and reduced motion tracker range.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3