[Locked] Is Halo 5 Good?

OP cherrybloom2793

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
Yes.
Despite it being my most disappointing game and the campaign terrible, the multiplayer has a place in my heart and I really love it. It is something with both extremes, one I love, and I despise the other.
Overall? Yes. But mostly for Warzone Firefight. The constant contradictions of what they want for MP generally forces me to avoid it. And the campaign fell flat. Very flat.

Basically I'd play MCC more frequently if it had a decent population.
Cyro XVX wrote:
In a word, no.

Gameplay is too chaotic and fast-paced and doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Halo has always been known for it's slow-paced gameplay, and so Halo has very much lost it's identity with Halo 5. New additions like ADS and Spartan Charge, plus uncalled for changes like the nerfed motion tracker are at the heart of the problem. Arena maps are forgettable. Multiplayer as a whole is too competitive and shuts out casual players.

Warzone is even more chaotic than Infinity Slayer in Halo 4, and what's more, it's pay-to-win. The REQ system is awful; it's oversaturated with random unlocks consisting of ugly new armor sets and re-skins of power weapons, half of which most people never use. Armor customization has been stripped down and a lot of classic armors were left behind... and at the same time, we got a ton of hideous alien-looking new armor sets like Seeker that nobody asked for, with a half-a-dozen reskins for each.

Finally you have the worst campaign in Halo history; the story is nothing like what was advertised, Fireteam Osiris are boring characters, Cortana's death in Halo 4 was cheapened by her being magically brought back to life in this game, campaign missions are too short, walk-and-talk missions are pointless, and you only get to play as Master Chief in three levels out of the entire game... one of which is the worst and most uninspired campaign mission of all time.

Forge is good, but controls are difficult to get the hang of for anyone who was able to Forge in Halo: Reach and Halo 4... and as the game built around it is so broken and frustrating, it doesn't count for much.

I would honestly say that Halo 4- even with it's Ordnance drops and Custom Loadouts, which I hated- was better than Halo 5 in that it still felt like a Halo game.

If I had to give Halo 5 a rating, it would be a straight-up 0/10. I have never been more disappointed in a Halo title.
Yet you still put in almost 8 days of playtime....
I don't understand people some times.

They commit to a game clearly, but bash it. I just don't get it.
What makes me laugh is when people constantly bash a game over and over again, and say how bad it is and how much they hate, or that they refused to buy it, but they constantly spend time on that game's forums. Like they enjoy being miserable, if you hate a game that much move on, find one you like, life's too short. Is H5 my favorite game ever, no but honestly its up there. I really like it, and I have been a long time Halo fan playing since HCE came out.
Simple Question...

Give logical arguments, no opinions. :)
Single player story - not really

but probs the best pvp on XB1, except maybe BF1, also, i have only played solo and have 100% unlocks (except the HCS stuff) and never had any issues.
Simple Question...

Halo 5 Guardians is a very good game. Regarding the story. There were some rumors of a late development re-write, and that would make sense. The story is solid, but there are some holes, and gaps that make you wonder. Master Chief is in the game, but not nearly enough. And the mission layouts are very fun.

Halo 5 looks great. Stunning visuals with epic set pieces.

As far as the multi-player it is the best yet. Spartans are starting to catch up the the lore. And if you have ever played Halo, then you know it is brutally hard. In my opinion, the most skilled players play Halo online. The things these guys pull of is just remarkable. Halo is the only online game I struggle to get a positive K/D ratio.

So all in all, yes Halo 5 Guardians is a good game. And I recommend it
LethalQ wrote:
Well actually you ask an opinion based question so it's quite impossible to answer your question without opinion. It's a good game over all. It's just not great. Campaign had great environments, especially Sanghelios, just not the best script or story. Multiplayer plays way to competitive for most casual players but I don't mind as I like competitive play. They have some great multiplayer maps that look great like torque and tyrant but then have A LOT of remixes in there so a lot of the maps have the same feel and quite a few concentrate on CQC. The req system isn't so bad they just sadly pretty much put all cosmetics in it and left only like two armors that are earnable through game play, but at least the req system only effects warzone. Probably the least intrusive microtransaction system there is really. So over all yes H5 is a good game.
I meant opinions like "I don't like that so it's not good", or "it's not like Halo so it's a bad game." Sorry about that :) I didn't placed my words in a right way
  • Campaign - The story was terrible IMO. Misleading advertising and the story made it look like Halo 4 didn't exist. There's some good stuff in the campaign but the cons outweighs the pros of the campaign so I'm not bothered listing the pros.
  • Multiplayer - Loving the MP. Gameplay is awesome even though there some flaws in there, I can bare with the problems hoping it can be either be removed or tweaked later on or for the next Halo game. Still waiting for 1 Team objective gametypes.
In a word, no.

Gameplay is too chaotic and fast-paced and doesn't feel like Halo anymore. Halo has always been known for it's slower-paced gameplay, and so Halo has very much lost it's identity with Halo 5. New additions like ADS and Spartan Charge, plus uncalled for changes like the nerfed motion tracker are at the heart of the problem. Arena maps are forgettable. Multiplayer as a whole is too competitive and shuts out casual players.

Warzone is even more chaotic than Infinity Slayer in Halo 4, and what's more, it's pay-to-win. The REQ system is awful; it's oversaturated with random unlocks consisting of ugly new armor sets and re-skins of power weapons, half of which most people never use. Armor customization has been stripped down and a lot of classic armors were left behind... and at the same time, we got a ton of hideous alien-looking new armor sets like Seeker that nobody asked for, with a half-a-dozen reskins for each.

Finally you have the worst campaign in Halo history; the story is nothing like what was advertised, Fireteam Osiris are boring characters, Cortana's death in Halo 4 was cheapened by her being magically brought back to life in this game, campaign missions are too short, walk-and-talk missions are pointless, and you only get to play as Master Chief in three levels out of the entire game... one of which is the worst and most uninspired campaign mission of all time.

Forge is good, but controls are difficult to get the hang of for anyone who was able to Forge in Halo: Reach and Halo 4... and as the game built around it is so broken and frustrating, it doesn't count for much.

I would honestly say that Halo 4- even with it's Ordnance drops and Custom Loadouts, which I hated- was better than Halo 5 in that it still felt like a Halo game.

If I had to give Halo 5 a rating, it would be a straight-up 0/10. I have never been more disappointed in a Halo title.
I respect your thoughts on Halo 5, but I have to say that your first argument is invalid, if Halo 5 isn't a good game because it isn't like past games, then Battlefield 4 isn't good because it isn't like Battlefield 1942, or Breath of the Wild isn't good because it isn't like Ocarina of Time. If a game isn't like how it was before, that doesn't mean that the game is bad. On your second argument, I think that the REQ system is balanced because you earn enough to play at Warzone, and while you play, you need skill to manage that weapon, for example. If you pays for a REQ pack, that means that you have no skill to gain REQ points, and will have no skill to manage your weapon anyway, but, as you said, you will gain skins and things like that LOL. Note that I said "you" as an example, I wasn't trying to blame you and I respect what you think of the REQ system, I am not trying to change your mind. Campaign, no words, from an objective point of view, it's the worst of the Halo series, it's up to the player if he/she liked it or not. I hope you enjoy next Halo games and Happy Gaming :)
  • Campaign - The story was terrible IMO. Misleading advertising and the story made it look like Halo 4 didn't exist. There's some good stuff in the campaign but the cons outweighs the pros of the campaign so I'm not bothered listing the pros.
  • Multiplayer - Loving the MP. Gameplay is awesome even though there some flaws in there, I can bare with the problems hoping it can be either be removed or tweaked later on or for the next Halo game. Still waiting for 1 Team objective gametypes.
Nice thoughts :) Very logical and short, I agree with you. Happy Gaming
Codes 208 wrote:
Overall? Yes. But mostly for Warzone Firefight. The constant contradictions of what they want for MP generally forces me to avoid it. And the campaign fell flat. Very flat.

Basically I'd play MCC more frequently if it had a decent population.
Hi. I agree with your argument, but sincerelly I will write about the last part. The MCC needs help from the Halo community, there is a population, the Waypoint forum is alive every day, it isn't big, but it's enough to get 1-4 min. search times. Please I would like you to tell some people you know that the game is alive, and to you to try it, it would be very sad to let it die, it's an amazing game. While I know some people who have a game that doesn't actually work, I know a lot of people whose game does work, please give it a try and help the MCC population to grow... :( #SaveMCC
Depends, if you're looking for an FPS game then its a top notch FPS. If you're looking for a traditional Halo game then its a disappointment

Campaign was tragically bad. Art and graphics wise it hit the nail on some parts other parts not so much.Structures and buildings have a very drastic difference in art style compared to the original trilogy, scenery, vegetation, land formations are great however. A lot of glaring shading and graphical effects are used to keep the game at 60 FPS. Gameplay wise H5 is a huge step down.Prometheans arent fun to fight, fighting the same boss 5+ times isn't something to go crazy over either and the A.I is pretty mediocre. Story wise the community consensus is that it's the worst in the series. Story never really goes anywhere, many scenes are very questionable, many scenarios make no sense, overall pretty terrible story.

Multiplayer wise the game can be bad or great depending on what you were expecting. Mechanics are very smooth and common abilities from other FPS games are introduced to keep movement smooth and user friendly. Game-play is very fast compared to predecessors and a lot more gun fight focus is put on reaction times and overall aim. Arena is overall balanced, some iconic gametypes missing from previous Halo's but overall a decent pool of game-modes and playlists. Warzone is very chaotic and has a lot ups and downs, mixed experiences. When it works properly its a blast to play, when it doesn't work out it can get very frustrating. Games are mainly decided on who pulls out better reqs, a few other factors can lead to victory but pulling out reqs is the easiest way to win. Reqs are pay to play and borderline pay to win, many are severely overpowered and give opposing players little opportunity to fight back. Vehicle play is mixed as well, depends on how lucky you are ie what reqs your enemies pull out. Arial vehicles severely overpowered, and most land vehicles are severely underpowered. Social playlist is also found in H5, random casual gametypes such as action sack, infection, BTB and a few unranked slayer and objective gamemodes can be found in the social playlists.

Forge is the best in the series, controls are VERY confusing at first but after some time become very simple. U.I is not very user friendly but controls work perfectly once mastered. Thousands of objects to place, map options never before seen in other iterations of forge, and many quality of life changes can be found in H5's forge. A few sandboxes to play with as well.

if you want a rating: As an FPS this game is a must buy at the moment(8\10). If you're looking for the iconic Halo experience then cautionary measurements are recommended(4\10). Watch videos and do more research on H5 before buying it. However it is only a few 20$ at the moment so it's up the consumer at that point. I believe its worth the 20 at least.
I don't think this is a very good game at all, let alone a good Halo game. This game was the single biggest disappointment I've had in all of my years playing video games.

The campaign was terrible. It was far and away the worst in the series. It was just a generic space shooter with a bad story, bad dialogue, and a forgettable cast of characters.

Multiplayer is nearly unplayable, and has been for the majority of the game's life. Inconsistent and heavy aim mechanics, ghost melee, and rediculous input lag have destroyed the game as far as I'm concerned.

343 needs to take a serious step back and reevaluate what their vision is for the series, if they haven't done so already.
Simple Question...

Without opinions.....hmm well it is the lowest selling halo,has no split screen,no playable elites,microtransactions,terrible campaign,terrible launch....these are facts not opinions btw
I love it but matchmaking is terrible sometimes it takes forever to find a match
Cyro XVX wrote:
I don't understand people some times.

They commit to a game clearly, but bash it. I just don't get it.
I would say the people who have a lot of playtime are the most qualified to critique it.
I'm going to give opinions so suck it up, buttercup.

I'm not a campaign guy but even I know H5s is bad. The game launched without key features and playlists that were staples in every other Halo! And we still don't have many like oddball! Unforgivably. Req system is gubbins but then again I dont care about how pretty my spartan looks in a FPS. I also hate, HATE! The art style, a Battle Rifle with horns? -Yoink-. Warzones a good concept but poorly executed here.

I took a year off this game because it was driving me insane with all the noobie nonsense so i deleted it off of my HD and I'm glad I did, because it gave 343 time to fix and balance most of the stuff that was killing the game and when I came back to it I've had nothing but fun playing it. To me now, its the best MP since H2 and I'm optimistic about H6 as long as they don't take nearly 12 months to add everything that was already in pervious Halos on day one.
In my eyes, yes.

While the campaign is mostly fun to play before you factor in the Warden's BS, the story is complete crap. By far the worst in the series. The characters are underdeveloped and the plot does nothing to make us care about them. The Spartans that were put in to comprise Blue Team/Osiris added nothing to the story and were only their for fanservice and to satsfy 343i's insistence on building a game around co-op.

The MP, however, is a delight for me. Even with the new abilities and Smart Link/ADS, I feel this is functionally the best Halo since Halo 3. I stick to Arena mostly and despite being solo 99% of the time, I never felt like I'd been rammed by the ranking/matchmaking system. I don't personally care about the REQ system as far as unlocking customization items goes. I'll always prefer unlcoking things through in-game accomplishments to an RNG loot system anyday, but the REQ system didn't break my experience.

I just wish 343i could deliver on both halves of a title.

Halo 4 had an awesome story but lame MP.
Halo 5 has an awesome MP but a lame story.

I'm holding onto the hope that they can bring it all together to wrap up the Reclaimer trilogy nicely.
Yes it is!
Pros outweigh the Cons.
To those who say it isn't a good game but still play it on a daily basis, your opinion is invalid.
OP, I'd say fairly solid, but match making is very inconsistent in regards to matching and gameplay. Warzone FF is fun, but gets boring after a while, some more maps would be nice. Original Warzone will most likely drive you crazy, pretty much have to go into those with 5-6 God like players to even have a chance in my opinion. I don't know, content is good, but the grind gets boring as well. Campaign, ugh, not as good as prior installments. Not going to trash it completely because it's Halo, but I wasn't a fan of it. All and all it's a fun game when you're not stressed and can deal with some of the dumb stuff in match making.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3