Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is Halo 5 has lag or it's just me?

OP Console Master0

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I noticed that Halo 5 is lagging for me. I can play every other game without having any problem but in Halo 5 it seems that I have a bigger ping than the other players. It's only me or it happens to you guys? I played balanced btw.
How do you tell? Halo 5 doesn’t show ping.
Might just be In your head. And who you play with. Example of you play against Colombians your internet is vastly different with theirs in the favor clipping you around the corner and what not. But with people is Australia we are advantageous due to internet. So who knows just something to keep in mind
Where are you playing from OP?
How do you tell? Halo 5 doesn’t show ping.
Might just be In your head. And who you play with. Example of you play against Colombians your internet is vastly different with theirs in the favor clipping you around the corner and what not. But with people is Australia we are advantageous due to internet. So who knows just something to keep in mind
Sometimes I have the feeling that my shots landing (I get the hitmark) but they don't do any damage at all! And the whole gameplay fell much slower for but they other players are able to react faster than me. I'll try to uninstall Halo 5 and install it again and I'll see you what the results! Have a nice day my friend!
ZacBum wrote:
What OP means in this case?
ZacBum wrote:
What OP means in this case?
OP means "original poster" in the forums. Since you're the one who created this thread, you are the OP.
It’s not just you. I have had numerous connectivity problems while playing halo 5. My internet is superb so I feel as though it’s an issue with Xbox live or halo 5 servers.
Not just you.
http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/LovelyJoey21605/video/28203050
This pretty much demonstrates the whole thing.
I fire 10 shots, 7 shots is required for a magnum kill if you don't get a headshot.
I miss some shots, but not 4 shots. (10-4 = 6 = No kill)
Look at the ammo-counter as I reload, 2 bullets magically reappear in the magazine before the whole reloading is done.
Meaning the game recognises that two shot's been fired, but the game don't know where they went.
So it just puts those two back in the magazine, like they were never fired.
Not just you. It has been very laggy lately.
Not just you.
I fire 10 shots, 7 shots is required for a magnum kill if you don't get a headshot.
Look at the ammo-counter as I reload, 2 bullets magically reappear in the magazine before the whole reloading is done.
Meaning the game recognises that two shot's been fired, but the game don't know where they went.
That's actual lag (potentially from your end)

If you view the timer, you see a small hitch when the timer is at 8:06, which happens to be the moment where you fired two shots.

For all the server knows, you didn't do anything for that second, which meant you "didn't" shoot two bullets.
Just you. My internet is bad (20 Mbps upload - 10 Mbps download) and I almost never have lag.
I have noticed a bit more lag lately as well.
Not just you.
That's what I'm talking about! Also the enemies seems to kill me extremely fast some times or even react faster than I'm able to see them. This is lag for sure!
I am having the same issue, for me it seems that when I come around the corner the other player gets a shot on me before I can even see him.
I get so much lag but mostly due to the fact that I play from the West Coast of Australia and seem to always connect to US/Mexico players so given that distance I end up with very bad laggy games which anyone who experiences it knows you are at a disadvantage which is very frustrating...
With less people playing, it might be matching people together from farther away regions. There is also an issue with how they route people to their servers. I know a few people on here have been investigating it.
Xbox live is having issues with social and gaming.

They have been having issues all week with purchase and user content.
Its been terrible lately. Might be something with the azure datacenters as well. Testing my latency it goes from 40-150ms just to the north central datacenter...40 is good, 150 is terrible for fps.
Oh the stories I could tell. Getting two shot with a pistol, stuck with a grenade that landed a foot away, having stickies bounce off of people, players rubber banding, me rubber banding, lag so hard it stops you in your tracks. Last night I had a game where a guy tried to assassinate me, but he got kicked out of animation right away.
Yeah, 343 relies on new players like you who don't know what is going on...

You experience latency because the host is in another country. I explained it enough times but 343 would lose the European community if everyone knew how
disadvantaged they were against US/Canadian players. Your only remedy is to switch to another game. 343 simply do not give a damn, never will.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2