Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Halo 5 multiplayer still worth playing?

OP K27R

Was just typing, opened a new tab then bah! All my text gone. Starting over...

Just wanted to say I’ve been a loyal fan of Halo 5 since launch. Campaign destroyed me on the inside and I never touched it again! I only ever made my wife play it once so she could experience it.

Multiplayerwise though this game has been the bomb, especially for forge and custom multiplayer which has had me seriously hooked! However, I’ve been moving away from this game. I’m retired from forge only ever returning to fix issues.

I’m concerned that H5’s multiplayer is going to die after the release of Halo Infinite. It’s already strangling itself as far as I can see in terms of population, and with no population count I’m wondering what incentive there will be to ever return to this gams if the next game will be superior?

I’m still playing multiplayer, but later this year... that may soon end. I’m already playing other games.

(Also, if you have time, please answer these questions for me. Thx: CLICK HERE).
Its still worth playing but the release of infinite will definitly have an impact on the population numbers. Its normal since this happens with every game that comes out.
If Infinite reverts to classic movement I can see a few fans of advanced movement continue to play Halo 5 but otherwise I see a significant drop in population.
I already think the population is pretty low, there also aren't a lot of good social playlist, but it's still fun to test your skill.
I'm sure people will still play it because of the 152 reward in Infinite, but I think MCC has more content and it gets regular updates so it will probably be more popular than H5.
Halo 5 should be merged with MCC when Infinite comes out.
In all honesty it’ll be like any other game when a new entry comes in. Will there be people still playing it? Probably. Will most of the fan base move over to infinite and Halo 5 will be removed from the spot light? Yes
I really hope H5's player base doesn't drop too drastically. I've just now gotten the game!
i play warzone alot but for actual pvp i go to mcc
I still think Halo 5 pvp is good
Not ranked. The Matchmaking is so broken it's unplayable.
I just recently started playing again and jeez, I pretty much get destroyed every game lol. Even in social Playlists like triple team, it's sweaty as hell.

Could just be me though.
BreedIove wrote:
I just recently started playing again and jeez, I pretty much get destroyed every game lol. Even in social Playlists like triple team, it's sweaty as hell.

Could just be me though.
Unfortunately there’s not a lot of new players nowadays so you likely to face sweats in order to avoid ridiculous wait times. Ideally the matchmaking system will catch on and give you fairer matches.
Its still worth playing, but if the population drops it will probably go down to Halo 4's current population or maybe, Maybe halo reach's population on the Xbox 360.
I say yes, while the population is very low I do find myself enjoying myself

The only cons I find is lack of proper Objective gamemode choices & Smurfs
K27R wrote:
I’m concerned that H5’s multiplayer is going to die after the release of Halo Infinite. It’s already strangling itself as far as I can see in terms of population, and with no population count I’m wondering what incentive there will be to ever return to this game if the next game will be superior?
If the next game is superior, I don't really think there has to be an incentive to come back to this game. From the developer and publishers prospective they are aware there will be no more cash-flow and probably are ready to put H5 to rest.