Seriously people, I don't get why you are all so adverse to to sprint. Why? Please give me a good reason as to why it's a game breaker for you. Personally I cannot understand this. It's like the Halo community is sitting there dwelling on games past and revealing in the "Good Old Days' and thus nit-picking on any form of change made to the game, be it for the better or not.
Now as far as I can tell from what I have seen from the Halo 5 Beta, sprint has been left in with the slight catch that your shields will not recharge while it is active. I have yet to see how this is to affect the game personally, but I must be honest I fail to see how a faster flowing game play is a bad thing.
Feel free to enlighten me and lets keep it friendly please. :)
1. with sprint they make the levels way bigger and its actually not more fast pace it just feels like it is.
2. if most of the community doesn't like why do they keep it
3.halo maps from the start were very open, sometimes so open right at the beginning of the game u have to br battle across the map war do you need spring for but to run away like a poon. SPARTANS don't run from a battle
4. halo is a skill based game. these days you shoot someone once and they run away from u to camp more
5. levels are just to big with all this new bs for br battling and sniping its just not as close quarters like halo 2 which was the fastest pace halo game by far!
1. Jesus, we don't care if it feels or is faster because it IS faster and that's all that matter. No one wants to use sprint to go around the whole map and compare it with old maps, we just want to go from this corner to the next. You don't compare the meters of a map to the meters of another map to understand if you are faster, you compare ONLY 5 meters of a map in Halo 4 and 5 meters of a map in Halo 3 or Halo 2 and then you will see that you Are going faster!
2. Also, you don't know how many people like and how many don't like sprint, because there are many who are not in the forums.
3. Indeed, if he tries to run away you should have killed him faster, or you should follow him and kill him now that he can't recharge his shields.
4. Halo 5 is skilled because it's not based on luck. Everyone has the same abilities and all that matters is who will use them better. Also, de-scope is back and it has less aim assist than any other Halo game. (or maybe excluding CE)
Now let's talk about truth and say that OLD HALO GAMES ARE DATED.
They are just too old and have boring movement mechanics. Also, the maps in the game were to small that you couldn't spawn without being seen, and then grenaded and BRed instantly without having movement mechanics to help you.
Halo CE is boring with a super overpowered pistol that ironically needs more zoom in to kill someone who is further than 3 meters, than Halo 5 in which you don't need to zoom in unless they are too far away.
Halo 2 is much better on the boring part, but again you don't have freedom to your movement and also if you have any kind of weapon other than BR, then you are "yoinked".
Halo 3 is too boring because it's too slow or at least it feels like that. Really, it's like being in machine that slows time.
Halo 4 now, is not boring, because you have freedom in movement, but it's the most unbalanced game in the franchise (I would have said in the world, but Destiny takes that title) and the fact that is so unbalanced made the good mechanics and the developer very hated.
Halo 5 is not boring and it's not unbalanced and I believe that it will be (if not the best) one of the best games in the franchise.
As for the title of this thread, it's absolutely right. You asked 343 to make the game balanced and remove loadouts, ordnance drops, AA's and sprin and 343 actually learned from their mistakes and removed these things except sprint. The reason they didn't remove sprint is because it is the only thing that the community is split about and they didn't know what to do about that, so they decided to have it in but balance it a bit.
Lastly, please don't say that 343 turns Halo into COD and so they must turn it back to Halo 2-3 with more weapons and better graphics, because that's just ironic and I can't take you seriously after reading things like this.