Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is Halo 5 not what you asked for?

OP The Kishinev

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22
HEY 343 - YEAH YOU 343 WHO "MADE MANY MISTAKES WITH THIS GAME(REMEMBER THIS SPEECH, FRANK O'CONNOR?), AND WE'LL LEARN FROM THOSE MISTAKES TO MAKE A BETTER GAME THE NEXT TIME (FOLLOWED BY THE MOST EPIC FAIL - see MCC). WE'VE LISTENED TO THE FAN FEEDBACK AND...."

YEAH YOU -Yoinking!- JOKES! LISTEN TO US!!! NO MORE -Yoink- SPRINT AND DEFINITELY NO GODDAM SMART SCOPE, CLAMBER, SUPER SPARTAN SMASH BRO POUND, AND POST-GAME BROFEST LIKE A BUNCH OF 12 YEAR OLD GIRLS WHO WON STUFFED ANIMALS AT THE COUNTY FAIR!!!!

Jesus Christ!
Halo 5 is doing a lot of things I like. There are still a few things that bug me.

Sprint is obvious, with how fast and engaging the movement speed. Especially now with Thrust as standard (Which I like), and Clamber (Which I also like), it is obsolete and unnecessary. A slightly higher movement speed as a base IF NECESSARY could fill the movement flow it's absence would have on the current build. I'm not a fan of slide, but that wouldn't exist without Sprint, and while I think the sprinting melee bash mechanic is actually good (not being a one hit kill), it would also go without Sprint too.

The only other problem I have is Ground Pound which should be obvious for anyone familiar with the series. Sure it may be fun to do, but it will be abused, and it will cause a metric ton more rage and frustration than amusement. One Hit Kill or Splash Damage mechanics with no ammo counter is an awful idea.

Those two things aside? Halo 5 is a massive step in the right direction. It feels like Halo should have evolved into
.
treycen777 wrote:
I was hoping Sprint would be removed because Halo 5 is supposed to be an Arena shooter. Hopefully, they will nerf it more.
No. Absolutely not.

#1: The Master Chief Collection makes me realize just how boring Halo is without sprint. It gets incredibly tedious running across the map at the speeds of a turtle. Halo Reach, and 4 had a much better pace, and there was always something going on.

#2: You really want them to nerf it more? It's already near useless as it is in Halo 5. You're VERY likely to die if you try to sprint away from a firefight because your shields won't recover.

I can't imagine how anyone would want another Halo game without sprint nowadays. It's simply too dated, and there is too much time wasted during games crossing the map.
Hi All,

Seriously people, I don't get why you are all so adverse to to sprint. Why? Please give me a good reason as to why it's a game breaker for you. Personally I cannot understand this. It's like the Halo community is sitting there dwelling on games past and revealing in the "Good Old Days' and thus nit-picking on any form of change made to the game, be it for the better or not.

Now as far as I can tell from what I have seen from the Halo 5 Beta, sprint has been left in with the slight catch that your shields will not recharge while it is active. I have yet to see how this is to affect the game personally, but I must be honest I fail to see how a faster flowing game play is a bad thing.

Feel free to enlighten me and lets keep it friendly please. :)
I don't think that's the right question you should be asking. "Is halo5 not what you asked for".
I think it should be do we really want 343 trying to make another halo.
Omg why wouldn't there be Sprint. It's a modern videogame. Why limit the speed and movement, it makes the game boring.
Did everyone really hate the loadouts? I loved that! too bad its already gone.
I can't wait to play the Halo 5 beta. ^-^
Halo 5 guardians is going to be AWESOME!
Everyone said that to return Halo to it's roots it would need to get rid of loadouts, random ordnance, flinch, return power weapons to the map, etc.

The only thing I see that has stayed that everyone wanted gone from Halo 4 is sprint and even that has been nerfed at least. Now with Halo 5 we have dedicated servers, equal starts, weapon pickups, descope and more.

Is this not what you wanted? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!? (sorry I had to reference gladiator)

It just looks like to me that everyone is hating on the game because of Spartan abilities. Let me ask you something. If there are features that can be added into Halo's multiplayer to enrich and deepen the experience while still retaining it's core values, what is wrong with adding them in? We won't know until the beta for sure.

You say that if you run around the corner in old Halo and get yourself into a sticky situation that you deserve the death. I can't argue with that. There's nothing wrong with that. But if someone goes around the corner to see a bunch of enemies and then has the skill to jump, dash, clamber and slide away before being killed, how is that hurting the game? Because it's not Halo? In Halo 1 you couldn't fight a vehicle without grenades or a rocket launcher, in Halo 2 you can just camp a tight corner and board a ghost as it drives by....This your ok with, but not the notion to use abilities (that everyone has) in a skillful manner?

And I'm not saying hijacking is a broken feature that players overlooked, I'm just saying that it would have made just as much sense to complain about hijacking as it would to complain about clamber.
get a life lol halo 1 u just need a pistol to take out vehicles, unless they had a tank
halo 1 ultimate halo bring that back!
treycen777 wrote:
I was hoping Sprint would be removed because Halo 5 is supposed to be an Arena shooter. Hopefully, they will nerf it more.

No. Absolutely not.

#1: The Master Chief Collection makes me realize just how boring Halo is without sprint. It gets incredibly tedious running across the map at the speeds of a turtle. Halo Reach, and 4 had a much better pace, and there was always something going on.

#2: You really want them to nerf it more? It's already near useless as it is in Halo 5. You're VERY likely to die if you try to sprint away from a firefight because your shields won't recover.

I can't imagine how anyone would want another Halo game without sprint nowadays. It's simply too dated, and there is too much time wasted during games crossing the map.
halo 2 is way faster pace then reach or 4, wtf u talkin about dawg
txbone27 wrote:
treycen777 wrote:
I was hoping Sprint would be removed because Halo 5 is supposed to be an Arena shooter. Hopefully, they will nerf it more.


No. Absolutely not.

#1: The Master Chief Collection makes me realize just how boring Halo is without sprint. It gets incredibly tedious running across the map at the speeds of a turtle. Halo Reach, and 4 had a much better pace, and there was always something going on.

#2: You really want them to nerf it more? It's already near useless as it is in Halo 5. You're VERY likely to die if you try to sprint away from a firefight because your shields won't recover.

I can't imagine how anyone would want another Halo game without sprint nowadays. It's simply too dated, and there is too much time wasted during games crossing the map.
halo 2 is way faster pace then reach or 4, wtf u talkin about dawg
Hi All,

Seriously people, I don't get why you are all so adverse to to sprint. Why? Please give me a good reason as to why it's a game breaker for you. Personally I cannot understand this. It's like the Halo community is sitting there dwelling on games past and revealing in the "Good Old Days' and thus nit-picking on any form of change made to the game, be it for the better or not.

Now as far as I can tell from what I have seen from the Halo 5 Beta, sprint has been left in with the slight catch that your shields will not recharge while it is active. I have yet to see how this is to affect the game personally, but I must be honest I fail to see how a faster flowing game play is a bad thing.

Feel free to enlighten me and lets keep it friendly please. :)
1. with sprint they make the levels way bigger and its actually not more fast pace it just feels like it is.
2. if most of the community doesn't like why do they keep it
3.halo maps from the start were very open, sometimes so open right at the beginning of the game u have to br battle across the map war do you need spring for but to run away like a poon. SPARTANS don't run from a battle
4. halo is a skill based game. these days you shoot someone once and they run away from u to camp more
5. levels are just to big with all this new bs for br battling and sniping its just not as close quarters like halo 2 which was the fastest pace halo game by far!
I think the game looks amazing. 343 nailed a lot in halo 4, the actual controls and mechanics were by far the best in any Halo. But the stuff they got wrong, loadouts, armour abilities, ordnance, no ranking etc are all gone, i think sprint is a bit catch 22, it feels too sluggish without it, so it has to stay. However Halo 5 looks like the future of Halo, I think the spartan abilities are just an extra dimension, and one that will add a different skill to the game which can only be a good thing. My only requests are please please please have ranked playlists from the off, I would have happily continued to play halo 4 if i was able to rank up (NOT THROUGH AN APP!!! EVER!!!!). But also ranking up should only be dependent on winning, Halo must be a team game, Im pretty good at halo but its ruined for me when I have to worry about being the best and not just helping the team, an assist should be good thing not an annoyance, peoples first goal should be they're team winning and not their KD. I loved the new game modes in halo 4, ricochet and extraction were amazing, but can you please bring back one sided games like one bomb and one flag, they're sooooo fun. Certainly won't be buying it at launch though, already returned MCC.
Omg why wouldn't there be Sprint. It's a modern videogame. Why limit the speed and movement, it makes the game boring.
Lol they limit the speed with larger maps where is the sense at all? You got double speed while sprinting but the map is 2 times bigger so where is the need for sprint? Bigger maps makes it worser for shots to connect, have you ever heard of delay or ping?for example i got 250mbit download and 50mbit upload but i life in switzerland so my ping is around 200ms and higher. play some team snipers on maps like valhalla or standoff this where the most hated maps on high lvl tsn and you will see how -Yoink- the shots connect on long range.... You cant deny that never happend to you before there is a word for it called Bloodshoot! Why add something that gives you the illusion for faster gameplay but makes it more frustrating on a high competitive level?
sprint does promote moving about.....
Everyone said that to return Halo to it's roots it would need to get rid of loadouts, random ordnance, flinch, return power weapons to the map, etc.

The only thing I see that has stayed that everyone wanted gone from Halo 4 is sprint and even that has been nerfed at least. Now with Halo 5 we have dedicated servers, equal starts, weapon pickups, descope and more.

Is this not what you wanted? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED!? (sorry I had to reference gladiator)

It just looks like to me that everyone is hating on the game because of Spartan abilities. Let me ask you something. If there are features that can be added into Halo's multiplayer to enrich and deepen the experience while still retaining it's core values, what is wrong with adding them in? We won't know until the beta for sure.

You say that if you run around the corner in old Halo and get yourself into a sticky situation that you deserve the death. I can't argue with that. There's nothing wrong with that. But if someone goes around the corner to see a bunch of enemies and then has the skill to jump, dash, clamber and slide away before being killed, how is that hurting the game? Because it's not Halo? In Halo 1 you couldn't fight a vehicle without grenades or a rocket launcher, in Halo 2 you can just camp a tight corner and board a ghost as it drives by....This your ok with, but not the notion to use abilities (that everyone has) in a skillful manner?

And I'm not saying hijacking is a broken feature that players overlooked, I'm just saying that it would have made just as much sense to complain about hijacking as it would to complain about clamber.
There's supposed to be dedi servers with mcc we not that's BS, 343 should be dropped from the halo franchise and given to a more competent company that knows what made traditional halo multiplayer work
Omg why wouldn't there be Sprint. It's a modern videogame. Why limit the speed and movement, it makes the game boring.

Lol they limit the speed with larger maps where is the sense at all? You got double speed while sprinting but the map is 2 times bigger so where is the need for sprint? Bigger maps makes it worser for shots to connect, have you ever heard of delay or ping?for example i got 250mbit download and 50mbit upload but i life in switzerland so my ping is around 200ms and higher. play some team snipers on maps like valhalla or standoff this where the most hated maps on high lvl tsn and you will see how -Yoink- the shots connect on long range.... You cant deny that never happend to you before there is a word for it called Bloodshoot! Why add something that gives you the illusion for faster gameplay but makes it more frustrating on a high competitive level?
Spot on man, them pesky blood shots are no good
treycen777 wrote:
I was hoping Sprint would be removed because Halo 5 is supposed to be an Arena shooter. Hopefully, they will nerf it more.


No. Absolutely not.

#1: The Master Chief Collection makes me realize just how boring Halo is without sprint. It gets incredibly tedious running across the map at the speeds of a turtle. Halo Reach, and 4 had a much better pace, and there was always something going on.

#2: You really want them to nerf it more? It's already near useless as it is in Halo 5. You're VERY likely to die if you try to sprint away from a firefight because your shields won't recover.

I can't imagine how anyone would want another Halo game without sprint nowadays. It's simply too dated, and there is too much time wasted during games crossing the map.
Why should I bother explaining why Sprint does nothing good for gameplay if you obviously did not read the entire thread about it? Both of those points that you made have already been countered, anyway.
txbone27 wrote:
Hi All,

Seriously people, I don't get why you are all so adverse to to sprint. Why? Please give me a good reason as to why it's a game breaker for you. Personally I cannot understand this. It's like the Halo community is sitting there dwelling on games past and revealing in the "Good Old Days' and thus nit-picking on any form of change made to the game, be it for the better or not.

Now as far as I can tell from what I have seen from the Halo 5 Beta, sprint has been left in with the slight catch that your shields will not recharge while it is active. I have yet to see how this is to affect the game personally, but I must be honest I fail to see how a faster flowing game play is a bad thing.

Feel free to enlighten me and lets keep it friendly please. :)

1. with sprint they make the levels way bigger and its actually not more fast pace it just feels like it is.
2. if most of the community doesn't like why do they keep it
3.halo maps from the start were very open, sometimes so open right at the beginning of the game u have to br battle across the map war do you need spring for but to run away like a poon. SPARTANS don't run from a battle
4. halo is a skill based game. these days you shoot someone once and they run away from u to camp more
5. levels are just to big with all this new bs for br battling and sniping its just not as close quarters like halo 2 which was the fastest pace halo game by far!
1. Jesus, we don't care if it feels or is faster because it IS faster and that's all that matter. No one wants to use sprint to go around the whole map and compare it with old maps, we just want to go from this corner to the next. You don't compare the meters of a map to the meters of another map to understand if you are faster, you compare ONLY 5 meters of a map in Halo 4 and 5 meters of a map in Halo 3 or Halo 2 and then you will see that you Are going faster!

2. Also, you don't know how many people like and how many don't like sprint, because there are many who are not in the forums.
3. Indeed, if he tries to run away you should have killed him faster, or you should follow him and kill him now that he can't recharge his shields.
4. Halo 5 is skilled because it's not based on luck. Everyone has the same abilities and all that matters is who will use them better. Also, de-scope is back and it has less aim assist than any other Halo game. (or maybe excluding CE)

Now let's talk about truth and say that OLD HALO GAMES ARE DATED.

They are just too old and have boring movement mechanics. Also, the maps in the game were to small that you couldn't spawn without being seen, and then grenaded and BRed instantly without having movement mechanics to help you.

Halo CE is boring with a super overpowered pistol that ironically needs more zoom in to kill someone who is further than 3 meters, than Halo 5 in which you don't need to zoom in unless they are too far away.

Halo 2 is much better on the boring part, but again you don't have freedom to your movement and also if you have any kind of weapon other than BR, then you are "yoinked".

Halo 3 is too boring because it's too slow or at least it feels like that. Really, it's like being in machine that slows time.

Halo 4 now, is not boring, because you have freedom in movement, but it's the most unbalanced game in the franchise (I would have said in the world, but Destiny takes that title) and the fact that is so unbalanced made the good mechanics and the developer very hated.

Halo 5 is not boring and it's not unbalanced and I believe that it will be (if not the best) one of the best games in the franchise.

As for the title of this thread, it's absolutely right. You asked 343 to make the game balanced and remove loadouts, ordnance drops, AA's and sprin and 343 actually learned from their mistakes and removed these things except sprint. The reason they didn't remove sprint is because it is the only thing that the community is split about and they didn't know what to do about that, so they decided to have it in but balance it a bit.

Lastly, please don't say that 343 turns Halo into COD and so they must turn it back to Halo 2-3 with more weapons and better graphics, because that's just ironic and I can't take you seriously after reading things like this.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 15
  4. 16
  5. 17
  6. 18
  7. 19
  8. ...
  9. 22