Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is halo 5 still worth buying?

OP balan23

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3
What OP still hasn’t decided? Don’t buy Halo 5, get game pass which is cheaper and Halo 5 will be free along with many other games including Master Chief Collection, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4.

For more information look up Xbox game pass.
LUKEPOWA wrote:
Wrong. You are on a Halo 5 subforum right now. You should be on the MCC subforum. This subforum is for people who are interested in Halo 5. The last thing we need are Bungie fanboys leaking from their own little microcosm and trying to divert people from Halo 5.

I play Halo 5, and I play MCC. That doesn't mean I go brigading on MCC subforums telling people to play Halo 5. Don't be this guy.
Bungie fanboys? Seriously.. The people saying to play MCC also play H5 so it's not like we're a boycott H5 kind of people. While I do have criticisms of H5, I do enjoy it since I'm an SR152 and have played a ton more of H5 than I have MCC so please keep your assumed stereotypes about us to yourself. And I am interested in H5 which is why I regularly post on this forum and why I'm an SR152, so I have every right to be here just like you.

No one on here is brigading. All we're doing is giving our opinion on if H5 is worth getting or not and mentioning that a different Halo game might be a better value which is a valid opinion in this type of thread. If he went into the MCC forum and asked if it was worth getting, I would give the same opinion if I thought H5 was better. It's no different than just saying "no, don't get it because it's not worth it", but instead we decided to offer an alternative besides just saying no, and it also keeps him playing in the Halo franchise instead of not playing at all if he decided that H5 wasn't worth getting.
LethalQ wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:
And stop advertising MCC in the Halo 5 forum, that shlt should get your -Yoink- thrown out around here. -Yoink- this forum if you don't play this game.
Wow, this isn't a case of people advertising him to play a game from a different franchise or something on PS4 so not sure why you're getting so mad. Ultimately, this is a Halo forum and people can give their honest opinions about what Halo game they think is best to get. At the end of the day, the OP is the only one who will decide what he thinks is best to buy after considering all the opinions.

And just for record, I play MCC and H5 and I'd recommend MCC as well for the overall game experience.
Wrong. You are on a Halo 5 subforum right now. You should be on the MCC subforum. This subforum is for people who are interested in Halo 5. The last thing we need are Bungie fanboys leaking from their own little microcosm and trying to divert people from Halo 5.

I play Halo 5, and I play MCC. That doesn't mean I go brigading on MCC subforums telling people to play Halo 5. Don't be this guy.
Don't tell me how to Halo. The OP is asking for opinions so I am going to give my opinion. Just because I think MCC is the better over all Halo game right now doesn't make me a bungie fan boy at all. I enjoy both games, infact I have enjoyed every Halo that has been made. The OP said they haven't played Halo in awhile and didn't specify which Halo. If some one is looking to get back into Halo MCC maybe a better fit for them. H5 isn't a bad game by any means but a better over all Halo experience is probably MCC.
*claps hands*

very very good. HOWEVER- the OP specifically asked whether Halo 5 was worth buying. A simple yes or no would have sufficed. He wasn't inquiring about MCC. You shamelessly plugged MCC, and for that, I have issue. ESPECIALLY since there is a huge debate going on right now about whether Halo 6 should use advanced mechanics or "classic" mechanics. You guys already know this. I know there are MCC people who only post on this subforum to bash the game right now. I apologize for being touchy but you know how it is. This is possibly the greatest war between fans ever in the franchise's history. And we all have our sides, no?

For example, I personally cannot go back to MCC. Halo 5 is my preferred game. This is of course irrelevant to OP's thread. But once again, you guys broached the subject first. A subject that must be tread lightly upon from now on if you wish to avoid these sensitive matters.

Thanks for reading...
No a simply yes or no wouldn't suffice. What kind of forum would this be if all any one would give is yes or no answers. Sorry you can't take critism of H5 but if some one ask me about it or Halo in general I am going to give them an honest opinion and not a simple yes or no.
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
Why don’t you just get the game pass for a couple months? You can get h5 mcc Doom SOT, too many games to list.
JohnDang55 wrote:
What OP still hasn’t decided? Don’t buy Halo 5, get game pass which is cheaper and Halo 5 will be free along with many other games including Master Chief Collection, Rise of the Tomb Raider and Gears of War 4.

For more information look up Xbox game pass.
And Halo Wars 2! I don’t have gamepass but think it’s a great way to bolster a game’s population.
Forgot both Halo Wars are on game pass.
It's worth buying but, not spending real money for in-game items, trust me.
Except for the hackers due to lack of oversight, and toxic people like Sky here, I would still suggest playing Halo 5 as the gameplay is timeless and the playlists still are great in variety.
LethalQ wrote:
LUKEPOWA wrote:

I play Halo 5, and I play MCC. That doesn't mean I go brigading on MCC subforums telling people to play Halo 5. Don't be this guy
No a simply yes or no wouldn't suffice. What kind of forum would this be if all any one would give is yes or no answers. Sorry you can't take criticism of H5 but if some one ask me about it or Halo in general I am going to give them an honest opinion and not a simple yes or no.
^this. Also there is the fact that just saying yes or no can get the G-po on you and likely a ban as well. Reasons behind your posts are golden
“Except for the hackers due to lack of oversight, “
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by hackers? The main reason I still play console over pc is that consoles cant be hacked. It’s impossible to cheat outside of modded controllers perhaps. One day I’m sure they’ll figure it out but for now Xbox is the way to go to avoid cheaters.
I would say that Halo 5 is definitely a good place to get back into. With the devs providing fresh updates and playlists and the maps constantly on a good rotation it helps to prevent you from getting that video game burnout. I would recommend rotating between matches of firefight and slayer to keep you from getting into a monotonous rotation of playing the same thing. Overall the pacing is very nice and will get you well adjust to the series again. :)
Can you elaborate on this? What do you mean by hackers? The main reason I still play console over pc is that consoles cant be hacked. It’s impossible to cheat outside of modded controllers perhaps. One day I’m sure they’ll figure it out but for now Xbox is the way to go to avoid cheaters.
For future reference, dont go all 'Sony' on me and be like "hacking isn't possible" that's part of the problem

So recently I played against 2 people who had generic emblems as they were "new" (likely banned on last account) and in that Swat match the gunfire and footsteps were hushed and their gamertag changed the moment the match ended.

I have had the rare matches where there is a player who knows where I am ALL the time and never misses, and others where 1 hit kills don't do anything (grenade plants, assassinations, direct rocket hits)

People who teleport at any sign of danger

People who get kills faster than should be possible (kills in 4 pistol shots or less from full shields)

People who defend these people

People who shoot through walls.

People who get credit for boss kills they don't even touch.

I have video evidence for a lot of this.

For Example: Here is a video of the 2 who hushed sound and changed gamertags later
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/maxximus-k573/video/66994065
https://xboxdvr.com/gamer/maxximus-k573/screenshot/11246609
(probably should mention that I swear I hit a lot of the headshots on these 2, but it only counted if they were damaged before, but I forgot to go back and specifically look for that)
For future reference, dont go all 'Sony' on me and be like "hacking isn't possible" that's part of the problem

So recently I played against 2 people who had generic emblems as they were "new" (likely banned on last account) and in that Swat match the gunfire and footsteps were hushed and their gamertag changed the moment the match ended.

I have had the rare matches where there is a player who knows where I am ALL the time and never misses, and others where 1 hit kills don't do anything (grenade plants, assassinations, direct rocket hits)

People who get kills faster than should be possible (kills in 4 pistol shots or less from full shields)

For Example: Here is a video of the 2 who hushed sound and changed gamertags later
(probably should mention that I swear I hit a lot of the headshots on these 2, but it only counted if they were damaged before, but I forgot to go back and specifically look for that)
Your first video showed legit hits IMO and your second link isn't available any more.

Again. You can’t cheat on console. As far as hacking a game on any Xbox console since the 360 launched it just can’t be done.

I bookmarked and watched that game you posted from your game history. You matched a couple smurfs on a bad connection. If you go back and watch the game in theatre from their perspective you will see that they were not doing anything out of the ordinary. Getting shot behind walls, whacky shot registration, smurfing in swat, etc it all sucks. It’s no fun to deal with. But there is no hacking going on. Just a declining population with poor server connections.

I just think suggesting to a possible new h5 player that the game is being hacked is grossly inaccurate.
Except for the hackers due to lack of oversight,
At this time it is not possible to run unsigned code on any Xbox One OS, by extension it is not possible to run any kind of modification to Xbox One Games. Not to say it's not possible, but what you are experiencing right now is in no way "hacking" or "modding".
If you're buying any halo game I'd recommend MCC over H5.
While I can agree MCC is a better Halo game at the moment than H5, IMO of course.... I should say very Halo game is worth buying IMO... I have bought every Halo game and yes I will continue to buy them because at the end of the day it's Halo. Sure Halo is only a niche game now and honestly I don't see it ever being a top game but it's still the best franchise IMO.... Halo covers so much more than just being a fps shooter... It's games that cover fps, rts, and whatever Spartan Strike/assault, it's comics, books and even live action movies. Sure they don't excatly fit perfectly together but what other gaming franchise tries to cover as much as Halo does? The Halo Universe is so vast and deep no other franchise touches it IMO.
No! Get the MCC. Halo 5 is filled to the brim with micro transactions and is made by people who don’t love Halo. It doesn’t even feel like Halo.
Velspreon wrote:
No! Get the MCC. Halo 5 is filled to the brim with micro transactions and is made by people who don’t love Halo. It doesn’t even feel like Halo.
You do realize the people who put MCC together are the same ones who made H5 right? While the req system was poorly implemented I wouldn't say H5 is full of microtransactions since the only things behind a pay wall is the HCS stuff and the classic helmet pack. Everything else can be obtained by grinding out req points and opening packs.
LethalQ wrote:
Velspreon wrote:
You do realize the people who put MCC together are the same ones who made H5 right? While the req system was poorly implemented I wouldn't say H5 is full of microtransactions since the only things behind a pay wall is the HCS stuff and the classic helmet pack. Everything else can be obtained by grinding out req points and opening packs.
The fact that you’re defending micro transactions is a sin in and of itself. Additionally, yes 343 made the MCC, but most of the games in it are Bungie games (aka the good ones). Plus the MCC is full of all the most iconic Halo games, and more than just 1 game, so there’s also more to do.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. ...
  5. 3