Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is Halo: 5 the worst Halo?

OP Caboose at Last

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24
In my opinion Halo: 5 is the worst halo ever made, and personally I am offended by it. To me I feel 343 does not care about the Halo universe the way Bungie did. Halo: 5 has less armor customization ability than Halo: 3. What I mean by that is you can only change the entire armor set (legs, shoulders, chest all together) and the helmet. Yes, you can change the visor but big deal. Halo: 3 allowed you to change both shoulders, chest, and helmet. Don't get me started on Halo: Reach (halo customization heaven). Yes, Halo: 5 has a lot of armor to choose from (and I mean a lot) however, most of it is recycled garbage. 343 seems to have shown no effort or creativity with the armor.

The campaign in my opinion was utter -Yoink-; it was too short and ended terribly, and let's not forget the fact that the previews for Halo: 5 were NO WHERE near accurate to the campaign. I feel 343 is just trying to get as much money as possible, something that can be seen with the new REQ system which allows you to buy the packs, making unlocking new armor pointless, and not even a challenge. I cannot begin to express how frustrated and down right upset the lack of effort that was put into this game makes me.

I feel Halo: 5 was a giant middle finger to the Halo community and we all sat on it. There's so much more that is just terrible about this game, and you all know what those things are. We all have our own opinions. Some of the things I hate you may love. I do love some features of Halo: 5 but, they aren't enough to save it for me. I want to hear what you think. What's your opinion on the game?
Personally I have a blast. The multiplayer is perhaps the most balanced out of almost any game out there. Despite I disagree with parts of the story, the campaign was fun. The campaign is still better than Battlefield 4's campaign and it is looks like a master piece compared to Black Ops 3 campaign which became the first Call of Duty to get me really really bored. I can't pick the best or worse Halo. It is like choosing best or worst choclate ice creams for me. Is it perfect, no. Is it fun, hell yes.
No, definitely not the worst. Multiplayer was one of, if not the best in the series. I agree with your views about campaign somewhat, but you can't judge a game on its campaign because that is not what keeps fans playing after 7 months. Customization isn't the best to be honest, many of those armor pieces are ugly but there is quite a selection of appealing pieces to chose from. IMO, 4 was worst and reach next. (I love all halo games, some are just better than others, reach holds a special place in my heart)
This post has been edited by a moderator. Please refrain from making non-constructive posts.
*Original post. Click at your own discretion.
Spoiler:
Show
The campaign is definitely the worst in the series. A dreadful story which takes the series in a ridiculous direction and invalidates much of the older media, mishandling of many beloved characters, a marketing campaign which lied to us, some extremely boring environments and a lack of epic moments despite being on next generation produces an extremely disappointing experience. Even mediocre stories such as Halo 3 and Halo: Reach were more tolerable in that they didn't take a complete -Yoink- on the fiction that I love.

On the other hand, I really love the multiplayer. It's honestly the best the series has been since Halo 3. 343 took the Halo's competitive nature and modernized it very well. I actually love how Spartan Abilities actually add something to the gameplay. Sure, there's still a problem with a lack of content and repetitive map designs, but Halo's multiplayer feels fresh and exciting in comparison to Halo 4 and Halo: Reach. And Warzone is extremely entertaining game mode and a wonderful addition to the series.

So as you can see, I'm really split about this game. I hate it for its campaign, but love it for its multiplayer. Unfortunately I've always been a bigger fan of the campaign and story. That alone is enough of a reason for it to be one of my least favourite Halo games.
So basically you define Halo 5 as the worst Halo because you can't change each individual armor piece and the campaign was crap (which is a fair assessment)? That's pretty harsh for those two things to make it the worst Halo. I take it you don't play much MP. I think overall, it is one of the best Halo games we have had in awhile. Way better than Halo 4 and Reach IMO.
No, if anything MCC was a giant middle finger, while Halo 4 was a slap in the face. Halo 5 is better than Reach and Halo 4. That may only be because of how bad those two games were, but the point stands.
Halo Reach holds the honour of being worst Halo game. Multiplayer was meh, but the story itself was a great slap to the face of lore fans. Anything that rewrites the first novel published in your universe is a weird game indeed.
You are entitled to your opinion but to me H5 is better than Reach. #1 armor customization isn't important to me because who really cares? I can't see my character unless on a turret and never once have I looked at some one else's armor and was like wow I want that. #2. I actually enjoyed H5 campaign more so than Reach. Sure the advertising and build up didn't match the H5 campaign but at least the AI was a bit better than Reach had. Kat would just drive you off a cliff or straight into a wall for no apparent reason. #3 Reach was just way to casual game play in the multiplayer and armor lock is still worse than Spartan charge. H3 was a bit better than H5 but mainly due to the more diverse multiplayer maps and more game modes, better match making and rank structure... also it had action sack.

Now it may have took them awhile to get MCC working but I go back and play it from time to time and it works for me every time.

EVERY Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics. I don't understand how players can't quite grasp that concept. You just have to play and get used to the changes. At least they don't just repackage the same game and sell it to us.

As far as microtransactions go all it is is pay to skip the grind. It's a better way for them to make money than sell map packs and creating two populations of those who buy map packs and those who don't.
Halo 5's gameplay is the best that the series has seen since 3. It feels like where the game should be as part of a natural progression from 3 rather than removing or re-imagining of disliked features that were in Reach and 4.

4 was by and far the worst Halo game from a core gameplay perspective, in my opinion.
LethalQ wrote:
You are entitled to your opinion but to me H5 is better than Reach. #1 armor customization isn't important to me because who really cares? I can't see my character unless on a turret and never once have I looked at some one else's armor and was like wow I want that. #2. I actually enjoyed H5 campaign more so than Reach. Sure the advertising and build up didn't match the H5 campaign but at least the AI was a bit better than Reach had. Kat would just drive you off a cliff or straight into a wall for no apparent reason. #3 Reach was just way to casual game play in the multiplayer and armor lock is still worse than Spartan charge. H3 was a bit better than H5 but mainly due to the more diverse multiplayer maps and more game modes, better match making and rank structure... also it had action sack.

Now it may have took them awhile to get MCC working but I go back and play it from time to time and it works for me every time.

EVERY Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics. I don't understand how players can't quite grasp that concept. You just have to play and get used to the changes. At least they don't just repackage the same game and sell it to us.

As far as microtransactions go all it is is pay to skip the grind. It's a better way for them to make money than sell map packs and creating two populations of those who buy map packs and those who don't.
being that I just joined xbox I havent played a tonne of Halo games since my old roommate had a 360 and we split screened the -Yoink- out of Halo3...however I completely agree with your statement here. If not for a game trying to go in a new direction (maybe not always in the best or most favorable *uncharted 4 on ps4 with no levelling system at all comes to mind) then it would just be rebranded crap. Cod was like this for a long time until treyarch changed it up and battlefield hardline is another example...just reskin a game and change the modes and pay full price for a mod.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
No, if anything MCC was a giant middle finger, while Halo 4 was a slap in the face. Halo 5 is better than Reach and Halo 4. That may only be because of how bad those two games were, but the point stands.
I loved Halo 4. There was a lot that was done right in the MCC. It's main problem was matchmaking. It still had incredible features like the new cutscenes and Halo 2 graphics.
It's the best since Halo 3. Don't get me wrong, I had fun with Reach, 4, and even MCC (once it was playable), but there's not much of a contest IMO. That's not to say it does everything better than those games, but as a whole I think it's better.
This is why I never come to Halo Waypoint. Way to toxic. We really need to come together as a community and have good constructive feedback like we did back in the glory days.
Only thing bad to me is the fact that there are only two customization pieces head and armor and that you have to unlock emblems and the fact that the rating is T for Teen I never expected Halo to become less violent and the fact that it seems dumbed down and has scrapped content no split screen and or offline mode.....as well as the fact that I would like to use the forerunner weaponry on the flood....Other than that the game was pretty cool I liked it. 8.5/10 I really enjoyed the multiplayer forge was great too....But the REQ system makes me realize that the game is flawed in a major way and so much more can be done with the game capability wise. I also want to see more studio maps medium and large for objective game types old maps etc.....and the fact that the assault bomb is not explosive or destructive sucks as well as no thick human blood on the maps or grungy dirtiness etc....I also miss older game types every game type from the original trilogy + Reach , and 4.....I feel like 343i has dumbed down the series as they did with TMCC and it is lacking in some ways but it is still really fun to play.
LethalQ wrote:
EVERY Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics. I don't understand how players can't quite grasp that concept. You just have to play and get used to the changes. At least they don't just repackage the same game and sell it to us.
Yeah, like my friend who got hit by a car and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He was bummed at first but I told him his body is always changing and he should just get used to it. Now he's glad he was hit by that car.
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
EVERY Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics. I don't understand how players can't quite grasp that concept. You just have to play and get used to the changes. At least they don't just repackage the same game and sell it to us.
Yeah, like my friend who got hit by a car and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He was bummed at first but I told him his body is always changing and he should just get used to it. Now he's glad he was hit by that car.
Yeah because that relates to a video game... smh...
Every new Halo is considered the worst Halo. Every game we get these kinds of comments.
LethalQ wrote:
Zr0Fear v2 wrote:
LethalQ wrote:
EVERY Halo brought changes to game play and mechanics. I don't understand how players can't quite grasp that concept. You just have to play and get used to the changes. At least they don't just repackage the same game and sell it to us.
Yeah, like my friend who got hit by a car and will be in a wheelchair for the rest of his life. He was bummed at first but I told him his body is always changing and he should just get used to it. Now he's glad he was hit by that car.
Yeah because that relates to a video game... smh...
I was agreeing with your point. Change is always good, no matter what.
Every new Halo is considered the worst Halo. Every game we get these kinds of comments.
Reach and Halo 4 are still considered bad games years after the fact. Why do you think it will be different this time?
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. ...
  6. 24