3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 24
MadMan3271 wrote:
Anyone remember when people said Halo 2 was the worst Halo?
What? People said that? Madness.
Back when Halo Ce and Halo 2 were the only two games, and I'd agree with that sentiment if those are the only two games being compared.
No. It's not the worst but not the best
Second worst halo.
After playing Halo 5 guardians y'all should go back and play Halo 4 and try to pay attention to the story. You'll be surprised how much more better it is. I would know, and I actually enjoyed it even though originally disliked the story.
I'll give y'all props if you actually pull through and play Halo 4's Campaign.

Another side note is that people are comparing Halo 5 to Halo Reach and saying Halo 5 was "better", yet Halo Reach sold 9.85 million copies while Halo 5 sold 3.88 million copies.

Halo Reach Sales - http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35024/halo-reach/
Halo 5 Sales - http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82148/halo-5-guardians/

That being said, some can even argue it was because of reach is why the halo population dropped drastically.
"Overall just don't compare a mouse to an elephant".
I am having a lot of fun but for worst halo hmm
Spoiler:
Show
I honestly like Halo 5: Guardians, but it is my least favorite main title Halo.
Although , I am disappointed with the lack of campaign time and split screen. I have come to realize this has had probably the most refreshing multiplayer I have played recently. Warzone an excelent addition I've always wanted. With the noteabke break of balance with reqs , and forge has come spo far. Its literally becoming a map creator over editor now.
What an over-done topic. By now after many month, if you are playing Halo 5, than I hope its because you enjoy it otherwise stop playing it and get over yourself lol. As for the giant middle finger, you sat on it, not us lol.
I don't think is the worst halo, ti has a good multiplayer but halo 1-3 surpasses it greatly and halo wars is a lintel bit out of the fps of the original halo
The multiplayer is the best i've seen out of ANY game but the campaign really blows, Halo 3 left with a super good ending and wrapped everything up nicely then they went ahead and made Halo Reach because they knew they can't expand on that story much more. I felt like they needed to make a vivilan and said "you know what would be cool, cortana coming back" Cortana should have stayed dead and 343 should have expanded more on the convent and its political issues and Chief should have questioned his loyalty to the UNSC because in reality in the Halo universe, Earth is under a military dictatorship and the UNSC has done really shady stuff in the past. If they had made Cortana appear similarly to the times she appeared in Halo 3 that would have been SO COOL! Chief should've have really gone rogue following Cortana's beliefs. Spartan Locke and Chief would be on opposite sides so it would be new Spartan vs old Spartan. There we go pretty simple story that would be so amazing for Halo 5. In terms of graphics gameplay forge etc, man do I LOVE IT in my opinion everything but the campaign is amazing, there's only three more small problems not including the campaign, no blood for spartans, no elites, and the banning system. Fix the banning system please! I got banned on arena for 10 hours without playing a single game yet. Bring back elites they were one of the best halo experiences same goes for the blood. If 343 fixed all these problems then it would be the best Halo game ever. That includes the campaign.
After playing Halo 5 guardians y'all should go back and play Halo 4 and try to pay attention to the story. You'll be surprised how much more better it is. I would know, and I actually enjoyed it even though originally disliked the story.
I'll give y'all props if you actually pull through and play Halo 4's Campaign.

Another side note is that people are comparing Halo 5 to Halo Reach and saying Halo 5 was "better", yet Halo Reach sold 9.85 million copies while Halo 5 sold 3.88 million copies.

Halo Reach Sales - http://www.vgchartz.com/game/35024/halo-reach/
Halo 5 Sales - http://www.vgchartz.com/game/82148/halo-5-guardians/

That being said, some can even argue it was because of reach is why the halo population dropped drastically.
"Overall just don't compare a mouse to an elephant".
And Halo 4 sold 9.73 million, yet more than 60% of it's player base dropped out less than a month after release. Half its peak population disappeared after only two weeks.

Halo 4's campaign was absolutely hated during release. An enemy the average player didn't know about, spend the game running from him or getting to his ship, only to beat him in a QTE that doesn't actually kill him.

The multiplayer was even worse.
Just NO.
For the most part I agree with you completely, I would say the biggest problem was that alot of content WAS missing at launch, and when alot of it came out it was sub-par. Some may try to defend 343 industries by saying they got it out eventually, but it should have been there at launch. Halo 4 had way more options, and CE had almost as many as H5... On top of all this there was content that was obviously held back (looking at you noctus), 343i sentenced themselves to held back content when they announced the monthly update system. Mainly because they realized "-Yoink-, theres no way the monthly updates will be worth anything if they release with just reqs!". Ill give 343 this however, they appealed to the competitive players almost flawlessly, they made an (almost) perfect arena. I say almost because they COMPLETELY missed appealing to the casual audience at launch, I honestly felt like everything i did was competitive, even warzone. I do think Halo 5 is the worst in the Halo series (Halo 4's not last because of its outstanding story) but its still a good game! The worst Halo game beats most other games out there and Ill die before I stop buying Halo!
Halo 5 multiplayer is off the chain boss.
Mobility around maps is incredible. Jumping, jetpack boost, jetpack hovering, melee and spartan charge, ground pounds, ledge grabbing. It's all incredible. The speed and fluidity getting around maps and the general gameplay is in another league to ANY other FPS.
It's really hard going back to halo 3 etc after playing 5.

The two things that stand out to me as being bad in halo 5 is the pretty average campaign and that it doesn't have 4 player local split screen.
4 player co-op campaign was really great though.
Schnewg wrote:
The multiplayer is the best i've seen out of ANY game but the campaign really blows, Halo 3 left with a super good ending and wrapped everything up nicely then they went ahead and made Halo Reach because they knew they can't expand on that story much more. I felt like they needed to make a vivilan and said "you know what would be cool, cortana coming back" Cortana should have stayed dead and 343 should have expanded more on the convent and its political issues and Chief should have questioned his loyalty to the UNSC because in reality in the Halo universe, Earth is under a military dictatorship and the UNSC has done really shady stuff in the past. If they had made Cortana appear similarly to the times she appeared in Halo 3 that would have been SO COOL! Chief should've have really gone rogue following Cortana's beliefs. Spartan Locke and Chief would be on opposite sides so it would be new Spartan vs old Spartan. There we go pretty simple story that would be so amazing for Halo 5. In terms of graphics gameplay forge etc, man do I LOVE IT in my opinion everything but the campaign is amazing, there's only three more small problems not including the campaign, no blood for spartans, no elites, and the banning system. Fix the banning system please! I got banned on arena for 10 hours without playing a single game yet. Bring back elites they were one of the best halo experiences same goes for the blood. If 343 fixed all these problems then it would be the best Halo game ever. That includes the campaign.
The blood was to make the game rated T, but when did anyone care about what halo was rated, when halo 3 came out I was 12 and the guy at GameStop even said the game shouldn't be rated M and I would be fine with the game, hopefully they bring it back in 6
Schnewg wrote:
The blood was to make the game rated T, but when did anyone care about what halo was rated, when halo 3 came out I was 12 and the guy at GameStop even said the game shouldn't be rated M and I would be fine with the game, hopefully they bring it back in 6
Yeah, it's not like the blood was that real looking anyway all it's doing is signalling that Spartans aren't just gigant immortal robots.
people seemed quite anti-reach in those first 2 pages

for perspective we had great net code and great playlist structure in reach
bloom, AAs and majority forge sucked, though i'd rather take that than poor spawns, poor aiming mechanics, even worse maps, poor playlists, no gametypes, hardly any good customs, poor weapons, the worst (or 2nd worst behind h4) vehicular gameplay, all the spartan abilities, emphasis on strong but imprecise automatics etc

reach sucked from the perspective of coming off h3, though in the grand scheme it wasn't a broken / deflated mess,the biggest reason people have is that it set halo on the new path, if anyone remembers the waypoint app in 2011 you could very well see what was in store from 343, whether reach was faithful or not to halo would have little impact on where we are now.

to reply to the OP though based on my experience with playing i'd rank online MP as h4 > MCC > H5 > CE:PC = Reach > H2 = H3 based on the overall experience and the gametime it could offer. With H5 it's just insanely repetitive, just like H4.
If bungie cared why'd they sell it?
I have never been kicked out of so many games on the other halos that's for sure
In my opinion, Halo 5 is not the greatest. But however, it is not down below with Halo 4 (Sorry die hard Halo 4 fans). The campaign was not the best and the multiplayer started out as meh. But it continuously evolves and gets better. Warzone firefight is coming back soon. Ad they added Grifball and Infection back. And I had a blast with those. People say that 343 doesn't really care about the community and they are doing the least amount of work they COULD be doing. But if that was true, than Grifball will NOT be here, and neither will Warzone Firefight or Infection. Halo 5 has the biggest selection of armor and while a lot of them are the ugliest things you can imagine, they brought back some awesome armor. Like Carter's armor and Noble Team's. They gave us TWO different odst sets and different MK. armor sets. I think they're doing the best they can to bring the true Halo experience back. I personally believe they're trying the best they can. And you know what, you can think of this as something good. They weave out the false Halo fans and then bring the true fans the best experience. Thank you.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 19
  4. 20
  5. 21
  6. 22
  7. 23
  8. ...
  9. 24