Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is it still possible to unlock nightfall armor?

OP Cavalier Garau

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if it's still possible to unlock the nightfall armor set. By the time mcc came out I did what I needed (to watch the nightfall series on the halo channel app) to unlock it, but it never happened. Recently I tried it again but nothing. I even searched a solution for the problem before but noone seemed to have that. Does anyone know if I'm still able to unlock the armor in any way? Thanks in advance. :)
I think its bugged, maybe if they release Halo 5 for PC they fix this...
You can no longer receive the nightfall armor through the Halo Channel app. It can only be acquired through gold packs in Halo 5.
Yes but you have to buy the movie Nightfall on halo way point wand watch the movie and then you will unlock it, but however the armour and helmet will not show up in a pack..
It's in req packs.
I got my Nightfall armour by purchasing and watching Halo Nightfall on the Halo Channel, but I don't remember when. Is there any way I can check? Also, can anyone confirm what xBALLER 4 LYFEx is saying? We wouldn't want to cause a potential misinformation situation...
iOsleya wrote:
Yes but you have to buy the movie Nightfall on halo way point wand watch the movie and then you will unlock it, but however the armour and helmet will not show up in a pack..
I got my Nightfall armour by purchasing and watching Halo Nightfall on the Halo Channel, but I don't remember when. Is there any way I can check? Also, can anyone confirm what xBALLER 4 LYFEx is saying? We wouldn't want to cause a potential misinformation situation...
It seems that there are multiple ways to unlock nightfall. I know that in the past you could unlock it by purchasing and watching through the Halo Channel but I thought that option was no longer available since 2018. I may be incorrect but I do know that I have unlocked it through gold req packs on Halo 5.
Past thread on this topic.
iOsleya wrote:
It seems that there are multiple ways to unlock nightfall. I know that in the past you could unlock it by purchasing and watching through the Halo Channel but I thought that option was no longer available since 2018. I may be incorrect but I do know that I have unlocked it through gold req packs on Halo 5.
Past thread on this topic.
Can confirm. Although issues with the Halo Channel may be fixed and this may rectify itself (unknown), I believe at present current issues with it prevent you from obtaining Nightfall through watching it.

Best bet is to pray to the RNG gods if it's really what you want, and get it in REQ packs✨
I was recently able to use the Windows 10 version of Halo Channel to unlock the Nightfall armour and the MCC emblems, so I think the Windows 10 version still works.
Hi everyone, I'm wondering if it's still possible to unlock the nightfall armor set. By the time mcc came out I did what I needed (to watch the nightfall series on the halo channel app) to unlock it, but it never happened. Recently I tried it again but nothing. I even searched a solution for the problem before but noone seemed to have that. Does anyone know if I'm still able to unlock the armor in any way? Thanks in advance. :)
You can actually unlock it via REQ packs but obviously dont spend your money on them.

I got the helmet at random but the set kinda looks stupid if its not complete.
I was recently able to use the Windows 10 version of Halo Channel to unlock the Nightfall armour and the MCC emblems, so I think the Windows 10 version still works.
I'll try with that, it's easyer than trying ti find the set via gold ReQ packs after all. As I finish I'll let you know.
I watched it in the Xbox One version of Halo Channel (likes in 2014), by aquiring it via promotional code found in the MCC in bundle with my Xbox, bit nothing happened. I think that what xBALLER 4 LIFEx Is saying could be true, I red that in other sites.
I watched it in the Xbox One version of Halo Channel (likes in 2014), by aquiring it via promotional code found in the MCC in bundle with my Xbox, bit nothing happened. I think that what xBALLER 4 LIFEx Is saying could be true, I red that in other sites.
Ah...it was definitely not working at that time. I watched Nightfall either last year or this year, that is for sure. There is another thread about this topic where 343 replied simply stating that they fixed the problem for most platforms except mobile. It could be that their solution only works for people who didn't watch it yet? Because I didn't watch it until I'd done some digging around, found that there was some issue, and held off on watching it until I found their reply saying it was fixed. I can't post a link, and there isn't really anything groundbreaking over there, but the thread name is "WHY CAN'T I WATCH NIGHTFALL? [343 RESPONSE]".

Edit: typing in the thread name I listed doesn't make it show up, so I changed it to the actual name. And here is a non interactive link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/why-can’t-i-watch-nightfall-343-response/832f3398-efa4-4136-99b8-531d32a7d6ef/posts?page=1
Ah...it was definitely not working at that time. I watched Nightfall either last year or this year, that is for sure. There is another thread about this topic where 343 replied simply stating that they fixed the problem for most platforms except mobile. It could be that their solution only works for people who didn't watch it yet? Because I didn't watch it until I'd done some digging around, found that there was some issue, and held off on watching it until I found their reply saying it was fixed. I can't post a link, and there isn't really anything groundbreaking over there, but the thread name is "WHY CAN'T I WATCH NIGHTFALL? [343 RESPONSE]".

Edit: typing in the thread name I listed doesn't make it show up, so I changed it to the actual name. And here is a non interactive link: https://www.halowaypoint.com/en-us/forums/e0d9938206f04a598ce84f2c8cadce02/topics/why-can’t-i-watch-nightfall-343-response/832f3398-efa4-4136-99b8-531d32a7d6ef/posts?page=1
Thanks a lot, I'll vive It a look :)
I'll try with that, it's easyer than trying ti find the set via gold ReQ packs after all. As I finish I'll let you know.
I just finished watching it again (for like the 7th time) but the unlocked prizes remains 0/8 :/ I guess I have to wait and find the armor in the ReQ packs, who knows when. Thanks a lot for responding and helping me out :)
Update: I tried to uninstall the app with all of it's content and re installing it again. Obviously nothing changed, but Is just to let y'all know that this tactic doesn't work, in case were you wondering :/
Yeah but it's in the req packs now so you don't have to watch the shows anymore
XxTG210xX wrote:
Yeah but it's in the req packs now so you don't have to watch the shows anymore
Yes, but I've opened something like 2 packs per day since it came out and (of course) I didn't found that, nor the helljumper, a good alternative
I watched nightfall on the Xbox through the halo channel and I got the armor when I finished watching the whole thing. This was just last month.
ki0t22 wrote:
I watched nightfall on the Xbox through the halo channel and I got the armor when I finished watching the whole thing. This was just last month.
Hahaha how lucky! I hope to be able to do it soon too
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2