Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is it still worth getting Halo 5 in 2018?

OP A Sangheilli

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
Its not worth getting H5g ever.
I think so, but primarily because of the game's online multiplayer and matchmaking so if you won't have access to those aspects then probably not.
I've been thinking, is it still worth getting Halo 5 in 2018? I haven't picked it up yet, so do you think I should?
If its $10 or less sure! You'll waste most of your time just downloading the game since its around 90 GB
I've been thinking, is it still worth getting Halo 5 in 2018? I haven't picked it up yet, so do you think I should?
If its $10 or less sure! You'll waste most of your time just downloading the game since its around 90 GB
People have been saying that. Although at my current store, it's way more money.
Must buy yes, I started playing a month ago and I'm having a lot of fun!
People have been saying that. Although at my current store, it's way more money.
You can get XBOX game pass for $10/month and just do a 1 month trial since Halo 5 is on there. If you dont like the game, just cancel Game Pass. If you love Halo 5 enough to pay more for it, you could cancel Game Pass and buy the game outright.
100% worth it. Unless you’re a complete classic purist or very casual, you’re going to enjoy the gameplay a lot. I bagged my copy for $25 or so, and the days worth of playtime I have on it were well worth it.
I say yes! It's a great game with an awesome story and warzone is a lot of fun
You can get XBOX game pass for $10/month and just do a 1 month trial since Halo 5 is on there. If you dont like the game, just cancel Game Pass. If you love Halo 5 enough to pay more for it, you could cancel Game Pass and buy the game outright.
I don't use credit cards, Paypal, or any of that. My only hopes of getting Gold or Game Pass are Gold prepaid cards and Gift Cards. My decision is mostly based on whether I can get my hands on Gold membership.
stckrboy wrote:
A Sangheilli - please don't post multiple times in a row thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information or quote other users
Could you tell me how to add additional quotes to a single post? I'm still relatively new here, and can't figure out how.
stckrboy wrote:
A Sangheilli - please don't post multiple times in a row thanks. You can edit your last post to add more information or quote other users
Could you tell me how to add additional quotes to a single post? I'm still relatively new here, and can't figure out how.
On the bottom right corner of your post, just click "edit" lol
stckrboy wrote:
Press the quote button underneath each post, that adds them all to the posting area. from there you can edit out bits you don't need to reply to. If you need to add more later on, copy the quote, edit your post and add it in
100% worth it. Unless you’re a complete classic purist or very casual, you’re going to enjoy the gameplay a lot. I bagged my copy for $25 or so, and the days worth of playtime I have on it were well worth it.
Isnt that generalizing a bit?

Though, yes, i disagree with the worth of H5g but for each their own. Its about personal preferences after all. In everyones case.
Yes, I really like the game. Prefer it to halo 3 tbh (now watch me get flammed)
nPlasma wrote:
Could you tell me why? P.S. You won't get flamed. Not from me, at least.
nPlasma wrote:
Could you tell me why? P.S. You won't get flamed.
I love the fluid gameplay and the game modes. Warzone and breakout are well worth a try. Another thing is the guns feel impactful, unlike in halo 3 where i found the guns sounded "meh".
nPlasma wrote:
nPlasma wrote:
I love the fluid gameplay and the game modes. Warzone and breakout are well worth a try. Another thing is the guns feel impactful, unlike in halo 3 where i found the guns sounded "meh".
Warzone looks like a dream come true for me. It's like FF and MM put together. The only gun that sounded "meh" to me in Halo 3 was the AR and its foam pellets.
100% yes it is. IMO its the best arena shooter on the market and just feels so good to play. And I will say even the campaign is quite enjoyable too if you can just accept that the story direction wasn't what many wish it was.

A decent deal on XBL right now for both GoW4 and H5 for 34.99 and would highly recommend GoW4 too if you have the money to buy the bundle.
nPlasma wrote:
nPlasma wrote:
Warzone looks like a dream come true for me. It's like FF and MM put together. The only gun that sounded "meh" to me in Halo 3 was the AR and its foam pellets.
C'mon dude you know full well that the Halo 3 BR sounded like someone choking to death in comparison to Halo 2's glorious original that bellowed like a demonic hellbeast. AR was the worst though, I agree *shudders*. Offtopics aside, yes Warzone and Warzone Assault (slightly meh Invasion, but still fun) are pretty great, but the experience can suffer if the enemy team is a full party lobby. The things get nasty real quick. But when things don't snowball into a mess, Warzone is pretty awesome. Nothing beats that feeling of killing someone with a high level REQ weapon with just your BR and some nades..
The Master Chief Collection is what I'd pick over Halo 5 to be honest, especially with the big patch being released fairly soon! More content, more maps, and hopefully a bigger population
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5