Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

[Locked] Is it still worth getting Halo 5 in 2018?

OP A Sangheilli

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5
The Master Chief Collection is what I'd pick over Halo 5 to be honest, especially with the big patch being released fairly soon! More content, more maps, and hopefully a bigger population
Good thing I have MCC then...
nPlasma wrote:
nPlasma wrote:
Yes, I really like the game. Prefer it to halo 3 tbh (now watch me get flammed)
Could you tell me why? P.S. You won't get flamed.
I love the fluid gameplay and the game modes. Warzone and breakout are well worth a try. Another thing is the guns feel impactful, unlike in halo 3 where i found the guns sounded "meh".
Warzone looks like a dream come true for me. It's like FF and MM put together. The only gun that sounded "meh" to me in Halo 3 was the AR and its foam pellets.
C'mon dude you know full well that the Halo 3 BR sounded like someone choking to death in comparison to Halo 2's glorious original that bellowed like a demonic hellbeast. AR was the worst though, I agree *shudders*. Offtopics aside, yes Warzone and Warzone Assault (slightly meh Invasion, but still fun) are pretty great, but the experience can suffer if the enemy team is a full party lobby. The things get nasty real quick. But when things don't snowball into a mess, Warzone is pretty awesome. Nothing beats that feeling of killing someone with a high level REQ weapon with just your BR and some nades..
I disagree with the BR sound on halo 3. I actually kind of liked it. But as for warzone, if I decide to get halo 5, noob combo will be my go-to before I get the better reqs.
I'd rent it to beat the campaign, or wait to get it for a very discounted price in a couple of months.
I would highly recommend buying Halo 5 in 2018. It's a great game. Even if people don't think it's a 'great Halo', it's hard not to find value in it for a 'video game'.
J Teeps wrote:
I would highly recommend buying Halo 5 in 2018. It's a great game. Even if people don't think it's a 'great Halo', it's hard not to find value in it for a 'video game'.
I've been told that it's only great if I have access to online multiplayer. Would you still recommend it without online multiplayer?
The Master Chief Collection is what I'd pick over Halo 5 to be honest, especially with the big patch being released fairly soon! More content, more maps, and hopefully a bigger population
Indeed it is! I love MCC and really look forward to the patch. I'm anxious to play matchmkaing with a healthy population again
Indeed it is! I love MCC and really look forward to the patch. I'm anxious to play matchmkaing with a healthy population again
Same, just hope I can get Gold by that time, as my mm experience has only been 3 games on Halo 3...
Same, just hope I can get Gold by that time, as my mm experience has only been 3 games on Halo 3...
Time to start looking for some deals then! I don't think an official date has been announced for when the patch goes live but I'm sure it won't be long now
Yeah... Wish me luck so I can find some prepaid cards. When I move, anyway.
I only started playing a few days ago, but I've had a lot of fun so far. I totally understand the criticisms this game gets, but I think if you're a new player and you can come in with a fresh set of eyes (and without a lot of preconceptions), you can have a really good time.
Considering it's the best halo we have so far, yes.
Okay, so let me ask a different question. Would it still be fun without access to online multiplayer?

Definitely not. Forge is awesome, but I'd wait to see what Halo 6 forge is. The online isnt really worth it. Great soundtrack and custscenes though. I'd wait for 6.
J Teeps wrote:
I've been told that it's only great if I have access to online multiplayer. Would you still recommend it without online multiplayer?
Hmm, being real, no. I think it's a solid campaign... But without lan, I would recommend MCC over it by far.

The online MM is unreal in Halo 5, though.
J Teeps wrote:
J Teeps wrote:
Hmm, being real, no. I think it's a solid campaign... But without lan, I would recommend MCC over it by far.

The online MM is unreal in Halo 5, though.
Missing out on things like Warzone sucks, It's what I wanted firefight to be like. PvP and PvE at the same time, and the AI stands with no one's side. Let's just hope I can find a Gold prepaid card.
I would say yes, especially if you enjoyed Forge in the previous games! This forge is much much better and if you like building you will get your moneys worth.
If you like halo ....then yeah add it to that Halo collection...
The real question is, "Is it worth it to buy halo 5?".
Maybe. The story sucks, but multiplayer is fine, and Forge is amazing. If you think the awful story is made up for in multiplayer and forge, then go ahead.
If you want Halo 5, get it for a discount. It is still good now that most of the problems have been fixed.
Yes. Population makes it so you can find games whenever and in whatever playlist. I wouldn't get it for the campaign, but the matchmaking and customs browser makes it incredibly fun.
Yeah you should. It's pretty cheap now and the multiplayer is fun although it has some issues. You'll probably get stomped at first in Arena but if you keep with it you'll learn the game.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. 2
  4. 3
  5. 4
  6. ...
  7. 5