Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is it worth getting into the game this late?

OP mlove113

Is it worth getting back into Halo 5 this far into its lifespan, since Halo Infinite is dropping later this year? Not sure what the player base is like right now.
Multiplayer? Probably not. Too few numbers. You’ll reach a point in ranked where you hit the wall and suddenly just your -Yoink- waxed which reduces and or kills the fun of the game. That was me at platinum 5. I can hardly stand ranked anymore. It’s a steaming pile of -Yoink-.
I'd say it's worth it. I still find games quick enough, usually.
I think you can try it. Social modes have a lot of people, but right now (at least here in my country) the servers aren't working good, so I have a lot of ping and some problems with bullets and things like that. But I think the reaso you should try it is because we don't know if the new halo will arrive this year (because of the covid 19 thing). As an example, they haven't launch permanent mythic ff list because of this problem, and they can't do many things in their halo labs. So, If I were you, I would play it :P
Play MCC instead. I would have recommended H5 for sure about 2.5 years ago, but all the core modes went to crap after the Overtime update.
I just don't like H5 that much, so I'm probably not a very good person to ask about this. Regardless, I'll recommend you go play some MCC and have fun ranking up in Reach where you can use that sweet, buttery smooth armor customization.
tuhin94 wrote:
Play MCC instead. I would have recommended H5 for sure about 2.5 years ago, but all the core modes went to crap after the Overtime update.
I agree. OP, if you're looking to play some good campaign, then definitely play MCC. Either game works for multiplayer IMO. It all depends on whether you want a nostalgic and classic feel (MCC) or a more fast-paced modern style (Halo 5).
mlove113 wrote:
Is it worth getting back into Halo 5 this far into its lifespan, since Halo Infinite is dropping later this year? Not sure what the player base is like right now.
I quit for 4 years since I switched to PC got rid of my Xbox and everything... But I got a good deal on one 2 months ago and I was surprised at the match times I find games quickly In almost every ranked mode and I play a lot!

Yes it's worth it
37th most played probably has between 5-10k players always considering ufc 3 shows it's population and it's usually right behind halo

And mcc isn't on the top 50 most played hasn't been in a year if you get mcc get it on PC has more players even though it's declining fast.
Depends on what type of player you are
If you like to play campaign only
No, nice scenery, but that's about it
If you are a casual player or like custom games
Yes, there some fun to be had and there's a custom games browser
If your into hard core ranked games
No, this late into the game you will have a hard time with the huge change in game mechanics from previous games plus everyones a sweat.
If you play for fun, then yes, the multiplayer part offers a lot.
If you play competitive, then no, you face experienced people that know the maps, the mechanics, play it since beginning and that could be frustrating.
I've enjoyed it; go for it.
Yes for sure.

SP has some great designs
MP is solid
please don't listen to these people who have no idea what they are talking about. The games population is really good for a 4 year old game.

https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/most-played/games/xbox

this is the list in USA for example

the game is still in the top 50 MOST PLAYED GAMES ON XBOX....more played than gears 5 to give you an example.
Multiplayer? Probably not. Too few numbers. You’ll reach a point in ranked where you hit the wall and suddenly just your -Yoink- waxed which reduces and or kills the fun of the game. That was me at platinum 5. I can hardly stand ranked anymore. It’s a steaming pile of -Yoink-.
you have no idea what you are talking about.
you have no idea what you are talking about.
Please. There are an insane number of smurf accounts out there.