Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is it worth grinding to 152?

OP l Lugamo l

1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I am currently level 147, trying to obtain at least 100k each day, after doing the calculations again of how many hours I will need to reach 152, I wonder. Is it really worth all the time it is necessary to invest? At best they can give us a set armor (For halo Infinite) that will be great at first but surely it will not be the best armor of all and we will end up changing it for another one that can be achieved by paying a couple of dollars (hopefully not).

Want to know what do you think.
I think it varies per player, but personally I don't think it's worth it the time you have to put in. You can look up on YouTube people opening the Spartan Rank 152 Inheritor REQ Pack and it's literally nothing but a new emblem called "Mantle". I think they really blew it by not giving people a new helmet or armor as the SR 152 reward. To me, that would be well worth it to grind for.
The reward for SR 152 hasn't changed at all, which is the Mantle emblem. As for the promised reward in Infinite, we only know that it'll be a token of sorts so it probably won't be anything major.
I think it varies per player, but personally I don't think it's worth it the time you have to put in. You can look up on YouTube people opening the Spartan Rank 152 Inheritor REQ Pack and it's literally nothing but a new emblem called "Mantle". I think they really blew it by not giving people a new helmet or armor as the SR 152 reward. To me, that would be well worth it to grind for.
Yeah the reward in Halo 5 is really poor for the effort. Talking about Infinite an armor set would be worth?
Yeah, I enjoy playing Halo 5 but not enough to get to SR 152 for an emblem. I'm hoping 343i really takes the players into consideration when it comes to Halo Infinite. I've said it a few times in other posts but they should give us a reason to want to put so many hours into the gameplay.
They’ve said the reward in Infinite won’t be exclusive armor.
tuhin94 wrote:
Looks like the reward is going to be just an emblem
tuhin94 wrote:
Source?
I think the grind is worth it... Sure the award for doing it is lame being only an emblem I won't use .. and some sort of token in Infinite which will more likely just be a nameplate or emblem I may or may not use, and yes it was tweeted it wont be some exclusive armor... I am making the grind the grind mainly because according to Halo tracker, at least last time I checked, less than 700 players have made it to 152, probably won't be many more that do it so it maybe under 1000 by the time infinite releases. So why not I figure, I enjoy H5 enough to grind it out. I am burning up my XP boost and jackpots. By the end of my grind tonight I will have only 12.5 million XP to go.

It's not hard to get to 152, it's just time consuming.
l Lugamo l wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
No, that’s not correct either. They have not confirmed what the reward will be, but they have confirmed it won’t be armor in Infinite. However, seeing the largely negative feedback for the reward in H5, I think it’s safe to assume the reward in Infinite for reaching 152 in H5 won’t be just an emblem.
tuhin94 wrote:
Source?
Source.
It would be worth it if you would have spent that time playing video games anyways. Otherwise it isn't.
tuhin94 wrote:
l Lugamo l wrote:
tuhin94 wrote:
No, that’s not correct either. They have not confirmed what the reward will be, but they have confirmed it won’t be armor in Infinite. However, seeing the largely negative feedback for the reward in H5, I think it’s safe to assume the reward in Infinite for reaching 152 in H5 won’t be just an emblem.
tuhin94 wrote:
Source?
Source.
Damn and he straight up wrote in the SpOnGeBoB MeMe mocking font. That’s pretty disheartening and also concerning to see someone on the production side of the game so against something that a lot of people seem to be willing to strive toward. Wouldn’t it be a good goal for them to try to keep people playing the game longer and putting in the hours for a nice reward and keeping the servers hot, rathing than feeding them dirt as their final “thank you” and crossing their fingers hoping that people will still play? I don’t get it. Thanks for the link.
I wouldn't say it's worth it unless you're a completionist.
nah, all u get is the mantale embelm.
nah, all u get is the mantale embelm.
And a "token of appreciation" in Infinite... So essentially two emblems 🙂
l Lugamo l wrote:
I am currently level 147, trying to obtain at least 100k each day, after doing the calculations again of how many hours I will need to reach 152, I wonder. Is it really worth all the time it is necessary to invest? At best they can give us a set armor (For halo Infinite) that will be great at first but surely it will not be the best armor of all and we will end up changing it for another one that can be achieved by paying a couple of dollars (hopefully not).

Want to know what do you think.
fyi there is a forums that has been around for a while that you might want to check out it.
MAX SR, TOTAL XP NEEDED, AND IT'S REWARDS

it's an active forum that has been going stong for 3 years. we talk about the best ways to earn xp, for the grind.

come check it out. might find it helpful
Well, 152 is still an Achievement, but the reward is simply not worth it, but, if you want to brag to your friends that your 152, go for it.
l Lugamo l wrote:
Yeah the reward in Halo 5 is really poor for the effort. Talking about Infinite an armor set would be worth?
i think that it would you be cool to have a armor in infinity because not everyone would have it. Also you had to reach 152 before infinity comes out
I say it depends on your level of commitment to grind (not just in Halo, but video games in general), your love of Halo multiplayer, if you're a completionist and need everything the game will give you, and if you're patient enough to do it all. I personally don't really care since what you're getting isn't going to do anything for you except to show off you reached that rank in Halo 5. To me, it's not worth it and I'm already fine spending a few hours each day playing Social/Ranked games without worrying about the XP I'm getting. I play Halo to go against people, not really to gain enough XP to reach the max level. I do that only in RPG games.
l Lugamo l wrote:
i think that it would you be cool to have a armor in infinity because not everyone would have it. Also you had to reach 152 before infinity comes out
If Halo Infinite come out on 2020 there is a possibile road to bring the sr152? Now im on sr 148
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2