Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is it worth learning Bumper Jumper?

OP emeryld 801

Yes or no? I understand it's personal preference, and I can claw without finger fatigue, however, Some of the pros use it so, just a question.
Two words.... elite controller.... I know they are expensive and I was against them at one time until I gave in and bought one... so nice having the extra paddles to map buttons. I now use a modified halo 4 layout. It's awesome.
If you claw then, idk. I use it so I can jump and aim at the same time but if you're clawing then you're probably fine.
Bumper jumper in Halo 5 ins't as good as it used to be in previous halos, Halo 5 now has a specially made button layout that I've been using called Hailjumper. It's similar to bumper jumper because it keeps the jump on the bumper, but it keeps smart scope on the left trigger. If you're going to change your button layout, go Hailjumper.
LethalQ wrote:
Two words.... elite controller.... I know they are expensive and I was against them at one time until I gave in and bought one... so nice having the extra paddles to map buttons. I now use a modified halo 4 layout. It's awesome.
Do they replace it when it gets worn out or do you have to buy another?
I tried it for awhile but didn't like it. Couldn't get used to it. I use Green Thumb and have forever.
Helljumper or bumperjumper if you don't have a elite or scuf or can't play claw. I play claw on fishstick layout.
LethalQ wrote:
As much as I'd love to agree, I've had two Elite controllers break on me. The left thumbstick stopped clicking on my last one, so I got it replaced. And today, my left bumper button has come loose, further examination shows that it's broken inside.

Further research shows that it's quite a common problem, with multiple threads around the internet. They make the bumper buttons with cheap plastic and they eventually fail. This video shows exactly the same problem that mine has.

For what it's worth, the Elite controller was awesome when it worked, and being able to use the paddles definitely improved my game. I'm just wary about buying a third one, and am thinking of maybe trying the Scuf controllers out. Anyone here using them? Any other pro controllers?
LethalQ wrote:
As much as I'd love to agree, I've had two Elite controllers break on me. The left thumbstick stopped clicking on my last one, so I got it replaced. And today, my left bumper button has come loose, further examination shows that it's broken inside.

Further research shows that it's quite a common problem, with multiple threads around the internet. They make the bumper buttons with cheap plastic and they eventually fail. This video shows exactly the same problem that mine has.

For what it's worth, the Elite controller was awesome when it worked, and being able to use the paddles definitely improved my game. I'm just wary about buying a third one, and am thinking of maybe trying the Scuf controllers out. Anyone here using them? Any other pro controllers?
I haven't had any issues with my elite yet. I had the fusion controller before the elite (cheaper version of the elite essentially) it was pretty good but it doesn't have paddles on the bottom it has buttons so they aren't as comfortable to use and the top ones are hard to reach. Elite is much better. Try to go easier on your buttons :-)
LethalQ wrote:
Do they replace it when it gets worn out or do you have to buy another?
Like any think else you buy if it wears out you have to buy another.
Yup! I played essentially Recon since forever and Halo 5 was my first Bumper Jumper game. Brought me to a whole other level. And I didn't feel the need to drop money on an Elite Controller. I love it.
LethalQ wrote:
That's what I use to! I do the grenades and then the reload and crouch for my paddles.