Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

IS MYTHIC ARENA A TEST FOR INFINITE?

OP Karim

  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2
I'm really enjoying this playlist as an old school Halo player since there's no sprint but your base speed is increased, plus the Thruster pack adds more action to the gameplay.
Of course there are some issues with the weapon sandbox because Halo 5 has been designed around sprint (the sniper is so OP against non-sprinting players).
But I think this could be a good starting point for the movement system in Halo Infinite, for both old and new players.

What do you think?
Is this just a random playlist or is 343 trying to test some ideas for Infinite?
And would you like a movement system like this in Infinite?
Karim wrote:
I'm really enjoying this playlist as an old school Halo player since there's no sprint but your base speed is increased, plus the Thruster pack adds more action to the gameplay.
Of course there are some issues with the weapon sandbox because Halo 5 has been designed around sprint (the sniper is so OP against non-sprinting players).
But I think this could be a good starting point for the movement system in Halo Infinite, for both old and new players.

What do you think?
Is this just a random playlist or is 343 trying to test some ideas for Infinite?
And would you like a movement system like this in Infinite?
In my opinion, first let me say that 343 is now collaborating with sky box lab,it mean giant maps/open world, so sprint would be useful in campaign.
Then if they turn off it, like in mythic arena or some specific ranked playlists it will be interesting.
Mythic is what I've been hoping Infinite will be, the main parts being keep thrusters but get rid of sprint. If this is 343i testing to see our reactions I'll be very happy.
i hope it's a test.

I think:
- Stabilizer must be removed also. Sniper is too easy with it.
- Grenades and melee 100%
As someone who was all for the additions made to the movement mechanics in Halo 5, I am really enjoying Mythic Arena. Honestly, if this was Halo 4's multiplayer from the start Halo would be in a very different place right now.
sprint in campaign is ok, halo 3 and halo 1 campaign is slow because of it, halo 2 also, but you can fly with the sword and go 200% faster. I want see no sprint lovers complete a 30 minutes level with no vehicles, without stress/frustration.
Mythic is great to have; I'm enjoying it. I just need to learn how the maps work, since they're all new to me.
I really hope this mode was them testing the waters for a reaction so they'll know when they reveal Infinite how it will be received based on this playlist because my gosh this playlist is near perfect. My changes:
1. Radar on. Yes I'm one of those people
2. Secondary weapon. Sure everybody's gonna ignore it anyway just like they do in other Halo's but it may as well be there just to match.
3. Swap stabilize for clamber. Not a huge fan of stabilize but I think clamber will really help make the map traversal interesting.
4. Melee back to 2-shot. Don't see why they felt the need to change it to 3-shot. Leave it as it is.
Again, I'm really praying this is what they do for Infinite. It fuses all my favorite parts of each Halo multiplayer near flawlessly.
GYS GHOST wrote:
sprint in campaign is ok, halo 3 and halo 1 campaign is slow because of it, halo 2 also, but you can fly with the sword and go 200% faster. I want see no sprint lovers complete a 30 minutes level with no vehicles, without stress/frustration.
It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it. Why are those vehicles in those missions? To go faster. Why is sprint in Halo 5: Guardians? To go faster. They exist for the same reason, but the latter compromises the gameplay and level design to achieve that increased speed.
I really hope this mode was them testing the waters for a reaction so they'll know when they reveal Infinite how it will be received based on this playlist because my gosh this playlist is near perfect. My changes:
1. Radar on. Yes I'm one of those people
2. Secondary weapon. Sure everybody's gonna ignore it anyway just like they do in other Halo's but it may as well be there just to match.
3. Swap stabilize for clamber. Not a huge fan of stabilize but I think clamber will really help make the map traversal interesting.
4. Melee back to 2-shot. Don't see why they felt the need to change it to 3-shot. Leave it as it is.
Again, I'm really praying this is what they do for Infinite. It fuses all my favorite parts of each Halo multiplayer near flawlessly.
I partially agree with you. Radar is 100% the way to go and is classic Halo. Can’t change that. Wouldn’t be the same without it.
Secondary weapon 100%. I’m partial to AR/Magnum starts but that’s just me.
On melee though, I would prefer the more shots somebody has to land before they can get a 1-hit kill the better. Keeps the aim game competitive and the TTK not too fast in CQB.
GYS GHOST wrote:
Karim wrote:
I'm really enjoying this playlist as an old school Halo player since there's no sprint but your base speed is increased, plus the Thruster pack adds more action to the gameplay.
Of course there are some issues with the weapon sandbox because Halo 5 has been designed around sprint (the sniper is so OP against non-sprinting players).
But I think this could be a good starting point for the movement system in Halo Infinite, for both old and new players.
What do you think?
Is this just a random playlist or is 343 trying to test some ideas for Infinite?
And would you like a movement system like this in Infinite?
In my opinion, first let me say that 343 is now collaborating with sky box lab,it mean giant maps/open world, so sprint would be useful in campaign.
Then if they turn off it, like in mythic arena or some specific ranked playlists it will be interesting.
This is honestly how it should be. Enable it for casual modes/campaign, disable it for comp/arena play. Sprint could easily be incorporated into things like custom games and infection (just to give an example), no doubt about it. Let people have their own choices of customization, screwing around and having a blast, whatever. I'm down for that. However, at the same time, it has absolutely 0 reason to be incorporated into a mode where most of that side of the community completely hates it due to it being a downside to the competitive environment for one reason or another (Some of those reasoning being how it doesn't allow players to punish others for bad positioning, how it makes the game's overall skill gap lower by giving people panic reaction options [Double melee, spartan charge], and how it locks you into an animation whilst you're using it. [As there is a delay when transitioning from sprint speed to normal movement speed to aim your gun])
GYS GHOST wrote:
sprint in campaign is ok, halo 3 and halo 1 campaign is slow because of it, halo 2 also, but you can fly with the sword and go 200% faster. I want see no sprint lovers complete a 30 minutes level with no vehicles, without stress/frustration.
It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it. Why are those vehicles in those missions? To go faster. Why is sprint in Halo 5: Guardians? To go faster. They exist for the same reason, but the latter compromises the gameplay and level design to achieve that increased speed.
So by your logic, we should have warthogs in an infection map, simply because "it's better level design to have warthogs instead of sprint for faster movement". or heaven forbid, we want to make a custom map/gametype and have tons of varying options for it, (e.g. parkour maps that wish to incorporate spartan abilities into it [such as: sprint, thruster packs, and clamber] as well as action sack like maps/modes with crazy settings, like rift ball in H5, or any of those D-day style defense/attack maps.) Nope. Warthogs all the way, if you don't use a warthog or ghost or whatever in some way, shape or form, you're "compromising the gameplay of halo and that's bad!" because "The first 3 halo campaigns didn't use sprint, therefore sprint isn't needed in halo!"

You're trying to apply an entire argument of "everything halo related should not involve sprint" to a specific scenario in the original trilogy of campaigns, simply because you don't like it. In other words, this.It's fascinating to me that you criticize someone's contradictory, yet, you can't even provide any objective points as to why "more customization/options" is bad. (Especially when modding is a possibility on halo games, such as Halo MCC on PC - a game that actually has mod support, and a modding community.)

Spoiler:
Show
If you want to say that it objectively ruins or benefits halo for one reason or another (e.g. aspects of Arena/HCS gameplay), feel free. I'm perfectly fine with that. Hell, even I listed some examples as to why it could be a bad thing in places like the competitive scene of halo. (as well as some objective positives for the casual scene, such as more customization of settings in custom games) But don't try to sell me some subjective BS reasoning as a reason to why "feature in game bad.", because I honestly don't think you're looking at this from an objective standpoint, rather a subjective one based on a niche example that can easily be dismissed, as well as what can easily be seen as you clinging onto nostalgia to the point of where you're trying to force it onto others for the sake of doing so. (and no, "I don't like it because it's lazy and a warthog could easily take it's place" isn't objective, because like I said - if that was the case, I might as well slap a warthog onto an infection map for "movement purposes", even if it doesn't mesh well with the map, and call it a day.)

Edited to fix some of the points made/word them better.
This is so amazing!!! I would just buy halo 5 finally just to play these modes. After a good 10 yrs I can finally see 343 and the community uniting into one! Keep it up !! But I'm on PC now so I'm just hoping this feeling and modes will be translated to Halo Infinite! Thank you 343! These gametypes are legit and will bring back old fellows like me after 10yrs! I would just remove the stabilize function and keep everything else! Loved the removal of clamber because back in the day skill jumps were always rewarding to me to practice and learn :).
GYS GHOST wrote:
Karim wrote:
I'm really enjoying this playlist as an old school Halo player since there's no sprint but your base speed is increased, plus the Thruster pack adds more action to the gameplay.
Of course there are some issues with the weapon sandbox because Halo 5 has been designed around sprint (the sniper is so OP against non-sprinting players).
But I think this could be a good starting point for the movement system in Halo Infinite, for both old and new players.
What do you think?
Is this just a random playlist or is 343 trying to test some ideas for Infinite?
And would you like a movement system like this in Infinite?
In my opinion, first let me say that 343 is now collaborating with sky box lab,it mean giant maps/open world, so sprint would be useful in campaign.
Then if they turn off it, like in mythic arena or some specific ranked playlists it will be interesting.
This is honestly how it should be. Enable it for casual modes/campaign, disable it for comp/arena play. Sprint could easily be incorporated into things like custom games and infection (just to give an example), no doubt about it. Let people have their own choices of customization, screwing around and having a blast, whatever. I'm down for that. However, at the same time, it has absolutely 0 reason to be incorporated into a mode where most of that side of the community completely hates it due to it being a downside to the competitive environment for one reason or another (Some of those reasoning being how it doesn't allow players to punish others for bad positioning, how it makes the game's overall skill gap lower by giving people panic reaction options [Double melee, spartan charge], and how it locks you into an animation whilst you're using it. [As there is a delay when transitioning from sprint speed to normal movement speed to aim your gun])
GYS GHOST wrote:
sprint in campaign is ok, halo 3 and halo 1 campaign is slow because of it, halo 2 also, but you can fly with the sword and go 200% faster. I want see no sprint lovers complete a 30 minutes level with no vehicles, without stress/frustration.
It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it. Why are those vehicles in those missions? To go faster. Why is sprint in Halo 5: Guardians? To go faster. They exist for the same reason, but the latter compromises the gameplay and level design to achieve that increased speed.
So by your logic, we should have warthogs in an infection map, simply because "it's better level design to have warthogs instead of sprint for faster movement". or heaven forbid, we want to make a custom map/gametype and have tons of varying options for it, (e.g. parkour maps that wish to incorporate spartan abilities into it [such as: sprint, thruster packs, and clamber] as well as action sack like maps/modes with crazy settings, like rift ball in H5, or any of those D-day style defense/attack maps.) Nope. Warthogs all the way, if you don't use a warthog or ghost or whatever in some way, shape or form, you're "compromising the gameplay of halo and that's bad!" because "The first 3 halo campaigns didn't use sprint, therefore sprint isn't needed in halo!"

You're trying to apply an entire argument of "everything halo related should not involve sprint" to a specific scenario in the original trilogy of campaigns, simply because you don't like it. In other words, this.It's fascinating to me that you criticize someone's contradictory, yet, you can't even provide any objective points as to why "more customization/options" is bad. (Especially when modding is a possibility on halo games, such as Halo MCC on PC - a game that actually has mod support, and a modding community.)

Spoiler:
Show
If you want to say that it objectively ruins or benefits halo for one reason or another (e.g. aspects of Arena/HCS gameplay), feel free. I'm perfectly fine with that. Hell, even I listed some examples as to why it could be a bad thing in places like the competitive scene of halo. (as well as some objective positives for the casual scene, such as more customization of settings in custom games) But don't try to sell me some subjective BS reasoning as a reason to why "feature in game bad.", because I honestly don't think you're looking at this from an objective standpoint, rather a subjective one based on a niche example that can easily be dismissed, as well as what can easily be seen as you clinging onto nostalgia to the point of where you're trying to force it onto others for the sake of doing so. (and no, "I don't like it because it's lazy and a warthog could easily take it's place" isn't objective, because like I said - if that was the case, I might as well slap a warthog onto an infection map for "movement purposes", even if it doesn't mesh well with the map, and call it a day.)

Edited to fix some of the points made/word them better.
Where did I say that every map/mission needs vehicles? The person I was responding to was talking about larger environments that require faster movement to be traversed at a reasonable pace, so obviously that wouldn't apply to a map like Lockout as it's scaled as to not need vehicles (and uses its geometry, gravity lift, etc. for faster movement). Vehicles, gravity lifts, teleporters, and even the map geometry itself are just some of the ways to allow increased speed without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved. I also wasn't making the argument that more options is bad, so that's two straw mans in a single comment (unsurprising as you also used buzzword arguments like, "clinging onto nostalgia"). Where were you when I made a post about a straw man?
GYS GHOST wrote:
Karim wrote:
I'm really enjoying this playlist as an old school Halo player since there's no sprint but your base speed is increased, plus the Thruster pack adds more action to the gameplay.
Of course there are some issues with the weapon sandbox because Halo 5 has been designed around sprint (the sniper is so OP against non-sprinting players).
But I think this could be a good starting point for the movement system in Halo Infinite, for both old and new players.
What do you think?
Is this just a random playlist or is 343 trying to test some ideas for Infinite?
And would you like a movement system like this in Infinite?
In my opinion, first let me say that 343 is now collaborating with sky box lab,it mean giant maps/open world, so sprint would be useful in campaign.
Then if they turn off it, like in mythic arena or some specific ranked playlists it will be interesting.
This is honestly how it should be. Enable it for casual modes/campaign, disable it for comp/arena play. Sprint could easily be incorporated into things like custom games and infection (just to give an example), no doubt about it. Let people have their own choices of customization, screwing around and having a blast, whatever. I'm down for that. However, at the same time, it has absolutely 0 reason to be incorporated into a mode where most of that side of the community completely hates it due to it being a downside to the competitive environment for one reason or another (Some of those reasoning being how it doesn't allow players to punish others for bad positioning, how it makes the game's overall skill gap lower by giving people panic reaction options [Double melee, spartan charge], and how it locks you into an animation whilst you're using it. [As there is a delay when transitioning from sprint speed to normal movement speed to aim your gun])
GYS GHOST wrote:
sprint in campaign is ok, halo 3 and halo 1 campaign is slow because of it, halo 2 also, but you can fly with the sword and go 200% faster. I want see no sprint lovers complete a 30 minutes level with no vehicles, without stress/frustration.
It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it. Why are those vehicles in those missions? To go faster. Why is sprint in Halo 5: Guardians? To go faster. They exist for the same reason, but the latter compromises the gameplay and level design to achieve that increased speed.
So by your logic, we should have warthogs in an infection map, simply because "it's better level design to have warthogs instead of sprint for faster movement". or heaven forbid, we want to make a custom map/gametype and have tons of varying options for it, (e.g. parkour maps that wish to incorporate spartan abilities into it [such as: sprint, thruster packs, and clamber] as well as action sack like maps/modes with crazy settings, like rift ball in H5, or any of those D-day style defense/attack maps.) Nope. Warthogs all the way, if you don't use a warthog or ghost or whatever in some way, shape or form, you're "compromising the gameplay of halo and that's bad!" because "The first 3 halo campaigns didn't use sprint, therefore sprint isn't needed in halo!"

You're trying to apply an entire argument of "everything halo related should not involve sprint" to a specific scenario in the original trilogy of campaigns, simply because you don't like it. In other words, this.It's fascinating to me that you criticize someone's contradictory, yet, you can't even provide any objective points as to why "more customization/options" is bad. (Especially when modding is a possibility on halo games, such as Halo MCC on PC - a game that actually has mod support, and a modding community.)

Spoiler:
Show
If you want to say that it objectively ruins or benefits halo for one reason or another (e.g. aspects of Arena/HCS gameplay), feel free. I'm perfectly fine with that. Hell, even I listed some examples as to why it could be a bad thing in places like the competitive scene of halo. (as well as some objective positives for the casual scene, such as more customization of settings in custom games) But don't try to sell me some subjective BS reasoning as a reason to why "feature in game bad.", because I honestly don't think you're looking at this from an objective standpoint, rather a subjective one based on a niche example that can easily be dismissed, as well as what can easily be seen as you clinging onto nostalgia to the point of where you're trying to force it onto others for the sake of doing so. (and no, "I don't like it because it's lazy and a warthog could easily take it's place" isn't objective, because like I said - if that was the case, I might as well slap a warthog onto an infection map for "movement purposes", even if it doesn't mesh well with the map, and call it a day.)

Edited to fix some of the points made/word them better.
Where did I say that every map/mission needs vehicles? The person I was responding to was talking about larger environments that require faster movement to be traversed at a reasonable pace, so obviously that wouldn't apply to a map like Lockout as it's scaled as to not need vehicles (and uses its geometry, gravity lift, etc. for faster movement). Vehicles, gravity lifts, teleporters, and even the map geometry itself are just some of the ways to allow increased speed without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved. I also wasn't making the argument that more options is bad, so that's two straw mans in a single comment (unsurprising as you also used buzzword arguments like, "clinging onto nostalgia"). Where were you when I made a post about a straw man?
> Assuming i'm making strawmans when your entire post was about sprint being bad based on one experience.

> "It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it...Why are those vehicles in those missions? To go faster. Why is sprint in Halo 5: Guardians? To go faster. They exist for the same reason, but the latter compromises the gameplay and level design to achieve that increased speed."

I loled. You pretty much said it here, that "sprint compromises the experience" based on this one scenario. I don't know what else you wanna say, the proof's right there. That doesn't look like a strawman to me, if anything that looks more like me trying to apply your logic to different scenarios so I can show you that it's flawed in nature.

" (and uses its geometry, gravity lift, etc. for faster movement). Vehicles, gravity lifts, teleporters, and even the map geometry itself are just some of the ways to allow increased speed without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved."

"I also wasn't making the argument that more options is bad,"

You literately just contradicted yourself. "Without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved" but also wanting more options like sprint at the same time? You're either backtracking with these statements or just simply didn't read my post. Disappointing, I expected better.
GYS GHOST wrote:
Karim wrote:
I'm really enjoying this playlist as an old school Halo player since there's no sprint but your base speed is increased, plus the Thruster pack adds more action to the gameplay.
Of course there are some issues with the weapon sandbox because Halo 5 has been designed around sprint (the sniper is so OP against non-sprinting players).
But I think this could be a good starting point for the movement system in Halo Infinite, for both old and new players.
What do you think?
Is this just a random playlist or is 343 trying to test some ideas for Infinite?
And would you like a movement system like this in Infinite?
In my opinion, first let me say that 343 is now collaborating with sky box lab,it mean giant maps/open world, so sprint would be useful in campaign.
Then if they turn off it, like in mythic arena or some specific ranked playlists it will be interesting.
This is honestly how it should be. Enable it for casual modes/campaign, disable it for comp/arena play. Sprint could easily be incorporated into things like custom games and infection (just to give an example), no doubt about it. Let people have their own choices of customization, screwing around and having a blast, whatever. I'm down for that. However, at the same time, it has absolutely 0 reason to be incorporated into a mode where most of that side of the community completely hates it due to it being a downside to the competitive environment for one reason or another (Some of those reasoning being how it doesn't allow players to punish others for bad positioning, how it makes the game's overall skill gap lower by giving people panic reaction options [Double melee, spartan charge], and how it locks you into an animation whilst you're using it. [As there is a delay when transitioning from sprint speed to normal movement speed to aim your gun])
GYS GHOST wrote:
sprint in campaign is ok, halo 3 and halo 1 campaign is slow because of it, halo 2 also, but you can fly with the sword and go 200% faster. I want see no sprint lovers complete a 30 minutes level with no vehicles, without stress/frustration.
It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it. Why are those vehicles in those missions? To go faster. Why is sprint in Halo 5: Guardians? To go faster. They exist for the same reason, but the latter compromises the gameplay and level design to achieve that increased speed.
So by your logic, we should have warthogs in an infection map, simply because "it's better level design to have warthogs instead of sprint for faster movement". or heaven forbid, we want to make a custom map/gametype and have tons of varying options for it, (e.g. parkour maps that wish to incorporate spartan abilities into it [such as: sprint, thruster packs, and clamber] as well as action sack like maps/modes with crazy settings, like rift ball in H5, or any of those D-day style defense/attack maps.) Nope. Warthogs all the way, if you don't use a warthog or ghost or whatever in some way, shape or form, you're "compromising the gameplay of halo and that's bad!" because "The first 3 halo campaigns didn't use sprint, therefore sprint isn't needed in halo!"

You're trying to apply an entire argument of "everything halo related should not involve sprint" to a specific scenario in the original trilogy of campaigns, simply because you don't like it. In other words, this.It's fascinating to me that you criticize someone's contradictory, yet, you can't even provide any objective points as to why "more customization/options" is bad. (Especially when modding is a possibility on halo games, such as Halo MCC on PC - a game that actually has mod support, and a modding community.)

Spoiler:
Show
If you want to say that it objectively ruins or benefits halo for one reason or another (e.g. aspects of Arena/HCS gameplay), feel free. I'm perfectly fine with that. Hell, even I listed some examples as to why it could be a bad thing in places like the competitive scene of halo. (as well as some objective positives for the casual scene, such as more customization of settings in custom games) But don't try to sell me some subjective BS reasoning as a reason to why "feature in game bad.", because I honestly don't think you're looking at this from an objective standpoint, rather a subjective one based on a niche example that can easily be dismissed, as well as what can easily be seen as you clinging onto nostalgia to the point of where you're trying to force it onto others for the sake of doing so. (and no, "I don't like it because it's lazy and a warthog could easily take it's place" isn't objective, because like I said - if that was the case, I might as well slap a warthog onto an infection map for "movement purposes", even if it doesn't mesh well with the map, and call it a day.)

Edited to fix some of the points made/word them better.
Where did I say that every map/mission needs vehicles? The person I was responding to was talking about larger environments that require faster movement to be traversed at a reasonable pace, so obviously that wouldn't apply to a map like Lockout as it's scaled as to not need vehicles (and uses its geometry, gravity lift, etc. for faster movement). Vehicles, gravity lifts, teleporters, and even the map geometry itself are just some of the ways to allow increased speed without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved. I also wasn't making the argument that more options is bad, so that's two straw mans in a single comment (unsurprising as you also used buzzword arguments like, "clinging onto nostalgia"). Where were you when I made a post about a straw man?
> Assuming i'm making strawmans when your entire post was about sprint being bad based on one experience.

> "It's always fascinating to me when someone defeats their own argument without realizing it."

I loled.

" (and uses its geometry, gravity lift, etc. for faster movement). Vehicles, gravity lifts, teleporters, and even the map geometry itself are just some of the ways to allow increased speed without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved."

"I also wasn't making the argument that more options is bad,"

You literately just contradicted yourself. "Without abandoning the gameplay that made your series beloved" but also wanting more options like sprint at the same time? You're either backtracking with these statements or just simply didn't read my post. Disappointing, I expected better.
I'm not assuming you're making straw mans, my friend. I'm saying that you are making straw mans. It's provable that sprint radically affects map and weapon design, time-to-kills, and other things which radically alter Halo's core experience. You're saying that I hate having options added to Halo despite not knowing how I feel about vehicle hijacking, dual wielding, and other options the original trilogy introduced. This is a straw man as I've never made the argument that new options are bad, but, instead, that identity-compromising alterations are bad.

Good sequels build upon what worked in the previous game instead of dropping everything to chase the success of other franchises. The experiences offered by Call of Duty and Titanfall are incompatible with Halo, and changing Halo to be closer to those games makes Halo borderline redundant.
Get rid of the H2BR and it’ll be decent. It’s annoying as hell having that as the starting weapon. Nothing but BR spamming is boring AF.
I love this game mode, i feel the thrusters could maybe be a bit more powerful though?
I'm not assuming you're making straw mans, my friend. I'm saying that you are making straw mans. It's provable that sprint radically affects map and weapon design, time-to-kills, and other things which radically alter Halo's core experience. You're saying that I hate having options added to Halo despite not knowing how I feel about vehicle hijacking, dual wielding, and other options the original trilogy introduced. This is a straw man as I've never made the argument that new options are bad, but, instead, that identity-compromising alterations are bad.

Good sequels build upon what worked in the previous game instead of dropping everything to chase the success of other franchises. The experiences offered by Call of Duty and Titanfall are incompatible with Halo, and changing Halo to be closer to those games makes Halo borderline redundant.
"I'm not assuming you're making straw mans, my friend. I'm saying that you are making straw mans"

You're practically assuming as we speak.

"It's provable that sprint radically affects map and weapon design, time-to-kills, and other things which radically alter Halo's core experience. "

I mentioned it could be disable in comp/arena modes for this exact reason, that way players of both sides can have what they want - casuals can have the crazy stuff that makes the game casual, and people who dislike it can play without it. Saying we should backpedal to cater to the pro scene/classic movement players 24/7 just because we can is a weak argument at best. Same could be said with having sprint in every single playlist, as you could argue it affects the overall core values of competitive halo. Why not please both sides?

"You're saying that I hate having options added to Halo despite not knowing how I feel about vehicle hijacking, dual wielding, and other options the original trilogy introduced. This is a straw man as I've never made the argument that new options are bad, but, instead, that identity-compromising alterations are bad."

Sprint is an option in game settings, a thing you can enable or disable. You are suggesting that the option shouldn't be present period, and not exist in the game. Again, contradicting what you're saying about your argument is. It's clear that it's "new options are bad" is what you're trying to stand by in this statement alone, yet you still want to try to tell me otherwise. Now you somehow change your narrative to "it compromises the identity of the game". So we went from "Feature bad because options bad" to "Feature bad because it ruins the game, even though I can disable it"

In other words, this."Good sequels build upon what worked in the previous game instead of dropping everything to chase the success of other franchises. The experiences offered by Call of Duty and Titanfall are incompatible with Halo, and changing Halo to be closer to those games makes Halo borderline redundant."

This is entirely subjective and nothing more than that. I could easily argue that CoD has fallen from grace, especially in the case of Modern Warfare Rebooted, due to lack of care from the community managers/figure heads there. (Or I guess just Modern Warfare, if we're going by the actual title of the game)
I really hope this mode was them testing the waters for a reaction so they'll know when they reveal Infinite how it will be received based on this playlist because my gosh this playlist is near perfect. My changes:
1. Radar on. Yes I'm one of those people
2. Secondary weapon. Sure everybody's gonna ignore it anyway just like they do in other Halo's but it may as well be there just to match.
3. Swap stabilize for clamber. Not a huge fan of stabilize but I think clamber will really help make the map traversal interesting.
4. Melee back to 2-shot. Don't see why they felt the need to change it to 3-shot. Leave it as it is.
Again, I'm really praying this is what they do for Infinite. It fuses all my favorite parts of each Halo multiplayer near flawlessly.
You are kidding right? If you bring clamber back in none of these maps would work, because clamber can cover a massive height range.

Halo 5 has been out for 4 years and people still dont understand this?
This would be great if it was a test for Infinite. Mythic is my favorite playlist at the moment.
  1. 1
  2. ...
  3. ...
  4. 2