Skip to main content

Forums / Games / Halo 5: Guardians

Is mythic ff worth it if you lose 99% of the time

OP Sinful Shadow

Ive started the incredibly long journey to sr152 (I’m currently sr101 started the grind a day or 2 ago at sr92) I’ve heard that the best way to gain xp is mythic firefight but the issue for me is that we lose 99% of the time so I was wondering if someone who really knows the ins and outs of the game could tell me if it’s even worth it if I’m constantly losing when I could do heroic firefight and probably win a lot more often how big of a difference is there in xp payout from losing mythic compared to winning heroic (which now gives what legendary gave in terms of xp)
Depending on when you lose (late round 3 and 4), Mythic FF shells out about as much XP as winning on Heroic. At least that was what I observed when I played Mythic and Legendary FF.
More often than not we lose on the final round but sometimes we lose earlier than that (sometimes even on round 1 yikes) especially if the objective is “protect the forerunner Core” when that comes up it seems to be a automatic loss cause the core gets destroyed insanely fast
Yeah, "Defend/Protect the [X]" is definitely the hardest rounds to deal with on Mythic. If no one's using vehicles or heavy weaponry (even more the case if it's in round 3 or 4), then you have no chance.
So long as you make it to round 4, I would say it’s worth it. Aside from a few specific early rounds, it’s not too difficult to consistently make it R4. Build up your REQ library and learn the strategies and soon enough you will be making it to R5 frequently. If you can master Mythic it will net you more than double heroics payout at best, and at worst you break even.
Ive started the incredibly long journey to sr152 (I’m currently sr101 started the grind a day or 2 ago at sr92) I’ve heard that the best way to gain xp is mythic firefight but the issue for me is that we lose 99% of the time so I was wondering if someone who really knows the ins and outs of the game could tell me if it’s even worth it if I’m constantly losing when I could do heroic firefight and probably win a lot more often how big of a difference is there in xp payout from losing mythic compared to winning heroic (which now gives what legendary gave in terms of xp)
I spent all of my 152 grind in Firefight, Heroic & Mythic. Mythic is by far the best way to get to 152.

It is difficult and I wouldn’t expect to win every time unless you can a squad of decent players, a small fireteam can make all the difference.
Honestly though as long as you get to round 4/5 that’s fine, the XP payout by then is very good, if you can finish, even better.

I will say there are certain objectives that can end your match very quickly if the team can’t respond quick enough to them. Protect the forerunner core rounds for example. One of those can land on round 2 on Escape from ARC and wipe your match out very quickly.

My advice would be to learn the objectives, where they spawn etc.

Vehicles in Mythic are essentially, you can splatter 90% of enemies in the game, take advantage of that. Ghosts, wraiths and banshees can run most things over with ease.
When you get a boss round, just focus fire on the boss. I’ve seen so many teams get caught up with other enemies and lose out on time.

Feel free to add me, I run Mythic matches with a Fireteam very regularly, we smash it out

TL;DR
If you can make a Fireteam, do it.
Vehicles are a must.
Learn the objectives to the best of your ability.
Focus on bosses, not smaller enemies.
Have fun!
winning a game of mythic without a boost on, gives you about the same amount as winning a normal firefight game with a legendary boost on, if you get a couple of people together that know what to do in the game, DEFINITELY grind mythic, it's MASSIVE XP. Winning a game with a legendary boost on can score you like 25 to 27K XP per game.
I used a legendary xp boost on mythic, we lost the first round and I still got 15k. Should be somewhere in my recent history for the match. Nobody knew what they were doing.

winning a mythic netted around 28k with the same boost. Time was 19+ min

im about to jump on if anyone wants to join in. Tag same as here
Absolutely it's worth it. When they made the changes earlier this week, I played both regular firefight and mythic firefight to see the differences in xp between the two... and here's what I found. Keep in mind I'm not that awesome of a player and usually finished toward the middle or bottom of the pack... nor did I use any boosts to get true numbers.

In mythic, finishing a match netted me anywhere from 11k to almost 16k xp. While not finishing (depending on the round completed) netted anywhere from 2.2k to 10k xp, again, this will be dependent on where you finish in the pack and how many rounds you completed. Me personally, I'd still rather attempt mythic even though I'm going to lose a lot because I'd still end up getting more xp and rp per match than by completing regular firefight. And if you don't finish, the match is quicker, leading you to play more games, so you'll end up with more xp and rp over a given time period anyway... so yes, I would say it's worth it... at least it is for me when I did the math for my particular circumstances. But to each their own...

By the way, I still do at least one regular firefight to guarantee the req packs for winning... still might take a game or two (as it did me today)... but still worth looking into...
Also, forgot one other thing, if you're worried about your KDA or win % but you're doing mythic to level up quicker, once you finish the grind, switch back to (now) regular firefight and build those stats back up. As of this writing that's what I plan on doing... because I've notice my stats plummeting now that I've started playing featured playlists and now I'm concentrating my efforts on mythic... I started with a win% near 80% and a KDA over 4... now it's down to around 62% and 2.7... so I plan on trying to get those numbers back up once I finish leveling with mythic... it's all about what's more important to you...
Thanks for all the input y’all now if only I could actually complete a game without rando,Loy getting disconnected is anyone else having this issue? Ever since yesterday I’ve been getting disconnected constantly and I know for a fact it’s not my internet cause I can play the master chief collection fine ts just halo 5 that I’m having connectivity issues with
Thanks for all the input y’all now if only I could actually complete a game without rando,Loy getting disconnected is anyone else having this issue? Ever since yesterday I’ve been getting disconnected constantly and I know for a fact it’s not my internet cause I can play the master chief collection fine ts just halo 5 that I’m having connectivity issues with
If I recall, this only happened to me once. The rest of my disconnects have been my own fault, not paying attention when I respawn and focusing on the forums instead of the match... I just restarted the game... and didn't have another issue...
How do you all get Legendary boosts? Only seem to get Rare boost at the most
I have a bunch of legendary boosts so when I use them I only go mythic. Even if I lose in the first 1 or 2 rounds, for the time spent the xp is still great. Then, if you make it to the later rounds the xp payout is also really good. So yes, you will lose waaay more in Mythic than heroic, but for the time you typically spend in mythic I think its way better xp pay out per match most of the time.
How much more xp would you get in mythic going just 4 rounds as opposed to winning in heroic?
You have to figure in that you'll be using more reqs in mythic.
If you have a fireteam and know the spawns, you can bust out heroic firefight games in 12-14 minutes
How much more xp would you get in mythic going just 4 rounds as opposed to winning in heroic?
You have to figure in that you'll be using more reqs in mythic.
If you have a fireteam and know the spawns, you can bust out heroic firefight games in 12-14 minutes
Yea the amount of reqs you need to play mythic is pretty insane. In my opinion heroic is the better option, less stressful and faster games. I have had games be done in under 10 mins in heroic playing with a team. In mythic your usually going to go to the full time 20 mins+. Think I have only had a handful of games in mythic that were around 15 mins but those were with a full team of 8 all good players. There is only a few thousand XP difference between the two. Mythic would give you about 8K xp without a boost where as heroic would give about 5K without a boost. Im not sure now though since the payout for heroic has changed. I would still say heroic is the better option, since you can finish more games quickly.